• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Instrument.

O

Oldewindmill

Pause the video at 0:24, and look at the HUD. A harp is mapped to up on the d-pad.
It looks like once again we have an instrument with which to play with.

Did anybody else catch this? :)

EDIT: Yeah, As soon as I posted this thread I saw someone else already posted it in a topic analyzing the trailer. Is there Anyway I this post can be deleted? Sorry, sometimes n00bs like me do n00bish things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
That "harp" is a lyre, and it does look like that will be the new instrument. I wonder though how the controls would work with it. Do we pluck at the strings with the Wiimote, or are certain notes just mapped to certain buttons like on the Ocarina. I hope they give us a full octave to work with to produce some seriously good music.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Piano Could be a good idea, but as a stasionary instrument that u could only use where there is one.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!

Attachments

• DownloadedFile-1.jpeg
    DownloadedFile-1.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 3

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
What about a violin? or a cello? or a contra bass? I myself love the way WW sounds and many of its good themes are played with violin I think (Maker played the cello).

I would be satisfied with something like a harp or a flute.It would be quite hilarious if the next instrument was a drum(maybe link will preform a little dance,too.)

ITS NOT A FREAKING HARP!!!!! ITS A LYRE!!!! SORRY FOR BEING A TROLL BUT SERIOUSLY HARPS ARE HUGE http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10066&d=1299272278&thumb=1&stc=1

hmmmmm haven't you played ocarina of time? sheik has a harp. not all harps are big they have harps like sheik does in ocarina of time.it looks like that kind of harp to. the harp simply rest on your bicep and held on the way end. of course you then use your other hand to strum it.
and i am sure if link can fit a fishing pull a bow and arrow another shield and 4 bottles i think he wont have much trouble with a harp.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
"hmmmmm haven't you played ocarina of time? sheik has a harp. not all harps are big they have harps like sheik does in ocarina of time.it looks like that kind of harp to. the harp simply rest on your bicep and held on the way end. of course you then use your other hand to strum it.
and i am sure if link can fit a fishing pull a bow and arrow another shield and 4 bottles i think he wont have much trouble with a harp"

Its not a harp it is instruments called a lyer
:lol:

The lyre is a stringed musical instrument well known for its use in Greek classical antiquity and later. The word comes from the Greek "λύρα" (lyra)[1] and the earliest reference to the word is the Mycenaean Greek ru-ra-ta-e, meaning "lyrists", written in Linear B syllabic script.[2] The earliest picture of a lyre with seven strings appears in the famous sarcophagus of Hagia Triada (a Minoan settlement in Crete). The sarcophagus was used during the Mycenaean occupation of Crete (1400 BC).[3][4] The recitations of the Ancient Greeks were accompanied by lyre playing. The lyre of Classical Antiquity was ordinarily played by being strummed with a plectrum, like a guitar or a zither, rather than being plucked, like a harp. The fingers of the free hand silenced the unwanted strings in the chord. The lyre is similar in appearance to a small harp, but with certain distinct differences.
The word lyre can either refer specifically to a common folk-instrument, which is a smaller version of the professional kithara and eastern-Aegean barbiton, or lyre can refer generally to all three instruments as a family.
The term is also used metaphorically to refer to the work or skill of a poet, as in Shelley's "Make me thy lyre, even as the forest is"[5] or Byron's "I wish to tune my quivering lyre,/To deeds of fame, and notes of fire"[6]

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Im happy with any instrument really....As long as the tunes in the game are memorable and catchy i couldnt care less if Link played it on a lyre or a damn organ lmao

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
in the GDC trailer for Skyward Sword... in one scene (the one where Link cuts up the guy's shield), on the up d-pad button is a Lyre... so we can assume that's the new instrument for Skyward Sword...

Its not a harp it is instruments called a lyer
:lol:

The lyre is a stringed musical instrument well known for its use in Greek classical antiquity and later. The word comes from the Greek "λύρα" (lyra)[1] and the earliest reference to the word is the Mycenaean Greek ru-ra-ta-e, meaning "lyrists", written in Linear B syllabic script.[2] The earliest picture of a lyre with seven strings appears in the famous sarcophagus of Hagia Triada (a Minoan settlement in Crete). The sarcophagus was used during the Mycenaean occupation of Crete (1400 BC).[3][4] The recitations of the Ancient Greeks were accompanied by lyre playing. The lyre of Classical Antiquity was ordinarily played by being strummed with a plectrum, like a guitar or a zither, rather than being plucked, like a harp. The fingers of the free hand silenced the unwanted strings in the chord. The lyre is similar in appearance to a small harp, but with certain distinct differences.
The word lyre can either refer specifically to a common folk-instrument, which is a smaller version of the professional kithara and eastern-Aegean barbiton, or lyre can refer generally to all three instruments as a family.
The term is also used metaphorically to refer to the work or skill of a poet, as in Shelley's "Make me thy lyre, even as the forest is"[5] or Byron's "I wish to tune my quivering lyre,/To deeds of fame, and notes of fire"[6]

ohh i never new that. but either way they look exactly the same.(the -lyre- from oot and the one from ss)
@ ganon slayer well now that i think of it it was probably just mis translation. but i guess the people just asummed that it was a harp by looking at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom