• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi Vs Midna

Who do you like more?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midna

• I hate Sidekicks!

• Total voters

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Out of the companions, Navi wins. She was actually helpful, and she didn't have a 'tude. Sure, she's annoying inside the Deku Tree, but after that, she almost never says anything. Plus, she does thing out of the goodness of her... heart? Midna was more, 'if you're a good little doggie, I might help you.'

Now, character-wise, Midna wins. But only 'cause she changes throughout the game.

But since this topic is about the sidekicks, Navi gets my vote.

O

Onox50

Midna!

I always found Navi very annoying "Hey Listen, Hey Listen, Hey Listen". Midna is a great sidekick and is also a lot cuter.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
As much as navi is put down she is a sidekick. Midna worked her way into the game as a sidekick but as it progressed we see that she was becoming the main part of it. We rarely saw zelda. I think a sidekick should only be there to assist you when your lost not become part of the story. Midna also created alot of uneeded trouble for Link.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I actually prefer having a fairy as a sidekick. I think that really fits well with the Zelda aesthetic.

That said, the personality is more important, and I think Midna wins out for that reason...she actually has a personality.

I wonder if there will be a sidekick in the new games, and what it will be...

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have to go with Navi she really didn't get on my nerves like Midna did.I didn't like Midna very much as a side kick.

S

Seanileus

In my opinion Midna completely destroys navi cuz midna has a personality while navi doesn't, midna actually gives link good advice while navi does the opposite, midna actually helps you get from place to place while navi just floats around you, midna is funny while navi isn't. I'll leave it there.

I hate Midna, she's a bigger douchebag than Linebeck.

I only voted for Navi because of Tatl.

Midna666, you should've put more sidekicks in this poll.

I like sidekicks, just not those two.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I think that midna wins the side-kick contest. She's really cute, and escalates from a annoying side kick to a close companion. and the whole turning into a cool human adds some big points.

M

Mehzmerize

I like Midna a LOT better than Navi. Navi was cute and all but she had no personality and she was extremely annoying with they "Hey!" "Hey!"
Midna has a cool personality, a more intricate past, less annoying (although can still be annoying at times), she has a mind of her own rather than just following the orders of the Deku tree, and she looks super cool! The first thing my boyfriend said when he played the game for the first time was "Midna would make a great tattoo"

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
To be honest, I don't entirely trust Midna, and still think she may secretly be as evil as her Twili ancestors. Midna is kind of... too dark, arrogant, and apathetic. In other words, she seems more like a Zelda player than a Zelda character. I hated how whenever I felt like mentally making a condescending remark about Link's obliviousness, she'd beat me to the punch.

I liked Navi better because she seemed more loyal/nice, and would never think to plot against you, manipulate you, or betray you. Also, you get the feeling that she's your helper and needs you, while with Midna she makes you feel like HER lackey. It detracts from the typical feeling of control you have over the character, makes it feel like Midna is controlling Link instead of you.

Navi > Midna
1) Midna didn't have enemy analysis, something that I loved about Navi and Tatl.
2) The whole game was all about Midna. The entire game shouldn't revolve around your helper.
3) Midna had a fine personality, unfortunately she stole it from Tatl. She's an exact copy of Tatl. I probably would have liked Midna more if she had her own personality and wasn't a clone of Tatl.

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Even though i dont exactly love sidekicks navi is pretty awesome because she is so annoying.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Personally, I prefer Midna.
Although I don't necessarily care for sidekicks.
I find it weird when you're standing in the middle of Death Mountain Crater and Navi jumps out and says: "Can you feel the cold chill from Zora's Domain?" (whatever she says).
Yeah.
Like I can feel that, Navi, when I'm standing in the base of a VOLCANO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom