• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread MS Paint Mafia U-Pick Edition [Day 5]

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Another thing came to me, but I dont know if it would work. In the movie, they destroyed The Thing using fire, so if anyone has a fire killing abiltiy it may be worth a shot. But I cant confirm this.

i skimmed through OGS's earlier posts and thought of some things that i want to ask about.

@OGSniper i think what you said originally about your role was pretty different from what you're saying about it now. you said that both town and mafia would lose if you died? or were implying it offered different win conditions or something?

you keep adding more onto what you're claiming. just recently, you mentioned having a different wincon and said you will get to it soon if you're about to be voted. you said something like that the first day you claimed too. you mentioned that there was a person you would talk about if you thought you were going to die. i'm assuming this turned out to be rubik, but you hadn't even used the terminology "the thing" yet. what you said was very vague. you also only said this after KoD voted (and then unvoted)' for you.

I will also say that my abilities will say some interesting stuff and look up some words and definitions online after my death. And that one person out there, I know who you are. I will the name until my death is nigh.
I will name the person once my death is nigh. Sorry autocorrect has been acting up lately.

Also, I will not say the name right now because if I live I dont know what powers they have, so I could be killed either way, but that person already prolly know which character I am.

you said the reason you claimed was because you were afraid you would be hammered over night, but you also didn't want to elaborate about your role because you wanted to wait until you thought you were going to die? that doesn't make sense to me. if you were hammered, you wouldn't be able to say anything after that. how do we know you weren't just trying to buy time so you could make up a better lie? in the morning you said this right away.

I havent read all the posts yet, but Rubik is The Thing. If he gets lynched then someone else will randomly be selected to be the Thing. Rubik go to my siggy and open up "Quotes". Does it makes sense now. If I get lynched I dont care, but I will provide town with all info I know. I need to continue looking on how to stop The Thing.

which seems a lot more specific than what you had said the night before.

---

I got a blood test back saying that Rubik is the Thing. I am staying with what I was told by Rag. I dont know if The Thing is its own alignment or if they are Mafia aligned.
Okay, this just in, Rag cannot confirm to me if Rubik is the thing.
The Thing is a threat to town and mafia.
Second, I have more details on a way for town to destroy the Thing.
Yeah, the Thing isnt town aligned. It is Mafia or independent.
I found a rather interesting piece of what was said to me in my PM, so let figure out what it is saying and I will explain it to you guys.

Alright, I know I said I was going to shut up but seeing that my wagon is going to pick up some speed and with me going to bed soon, I fear I will be dead when I come back tomorrow, I will say something.

Town and/or Mafia literally cannot win with me dying. I think mafia might have a slim chance, I will have to check in with Rag.
So I was wrong (again unfortunately) and it seems like both Town and Mafia can win but Mafia currently has a better chance at one option and Town has more chances but with them being at a lower percent of succeeding if I die. I dont think if I am night killed or day killed affects anything.

All of that plus I have a disease. If something goes down then I will give town more info.

i don't understand how you keep finding so much new information about your role. it's not like this is the first day of the game. i know you've been saying you dont understand it and have been asking rag for clarifications and trying to figure it out, but if you were so unsure about how your role worked, why hadn't you already asked for these clarifications already? you thought it was important enough that both teams would lose if you died. the game had already been going on for 6 days at that point and you were posting a lot, so it's not like you didn't have time. you're saying you didn't understand your role, but only thought to figure it out once you used it as a reason for people to not vote you? because that's kind of the impression i've gotten from skimming over your posts.

or, you could just be making stuff up as you go. i'm not convinced you are yet, but it seems like a real possibility to me.

is there any harm to town if you are voted out, other than just the harm of possibly voting out a townie? like is it required for you to be alive for the thing to be defeated or something? do you have some ability that will make it way easier for town to deal with the thing? cause if you don't, i think it may be better at this point to vote you just to confirm whether you're telling the truth. like what kod said.

also, if you do happen to claim to have another ability or aspect to your role, please explain why you hadn't told us about it before i asked this.

Look, I would love to answer all of your questions but I have Track and Field awards and I am going to be leaving in 8 minutes. This isnt me trying to not answer your questions. I have already mentioned about the awards earlier today in this thread below if that gives me any credit to my name.

https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/last-person-to-post-wins.68388/page-4015
It is the last post on that page. I wont be back until after 8 PM.
Seems to me like you're being dodgy more or less. Also, why post a link to an unrelated thread saying "look at the last post on the page given." whis is roughly the same thing said here?

Look, I would love to answer all of your questions but I have Track and Field awards and I am going to be leaving in 8 minutes. This isnt me trying to not answer your questions. I have already mentioned about the awards earlier today in this thread below if that gives me any credit to my name.
its np. i hope it goes well.

Seems to me like you're being dodgy more or less. Also, why post a link to an unrelated thread saying "look at the last post on the page given." whis is roughly the same thing said here?
cause he wanted to show he wasn't making it up? he had already mentioned it in that thread before i posted what he was replying to.

I asked Rag and they said that they had seen the movie but hadnt seen it in a while. Rag put a lot of effort into my abilities and what they were called, so I think that Rag knows what they are doing and that everything has a purpose.

I am slowly doubting Rubik again.

And I also havent gone into my WinCon, but if since I am prolly gonna get lynched, I will get to it soon.

Rag designed an Ocarina of Time game from memories from a decade earlier and without having even finished the game. I have no doubts Rag would do the same here.

The more you talk about your role the more it feels like a fake claim crafted to give yourself more importance than you actually have for town. It sets up a threat that doesn't otherwise exist in this game and creates an uncounter-claimable utility for town to keep you around. But the major problem I see is nobody else picked to be the thing, so even if you're searching for the thing there's no reason for it to be here overriding somebody else's choice. Additionally Rag talked about the roles being minimally impacting with design focusing on reading slots over mechanical clearing, and you're sitting here trying to paint yourself as the only way to catch the thing.

I, for one, am going to take my chances every time.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Rag designed an Ocarina of Time game from memories from a decade earlier and without having even finished the game. I have no doubts Rag would do the same here.

The more you talk about your role the more it feels like a fake claim crafted to give yourself more importance than you actually have for town. It sets up a threat that doesn't otherwise exist in this game and creates an uncounter-claimable utility for town to keep you around. But the major problem I see is nobody else picked to be the thing, so even if you're searching for the thing there's no reason for it to be here overriding somebody else's choice. Additionally Rag talked about the roles being minimally impacting with design focusing on reading slots over mechanical clearing, and you're sitting here trying to paint yourself as the only way to catch the thing.

I, for one, am going to take my chances every time.
I given everything I know about the problem you are guys are going to be facing. I am ready and willing to die to show my innocence and to show you guys the gravity of the situation.

It doesnt bother me that you guys dont believe. I just wish for you guys to use the info I have provided.

(I will get to what you said @lain )

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
i skimmed through OGS's earlier posts and thought of some things that i want to ask about.

@OGSniper i think what you said originally about your role was pretty different from what you're saying about it now. you said that both town and mafia would lose if you died? or were implying it offered different win conditions or something?
What I was trying to say was that there is a possibiltiy for Mafia to lose and for Town to lose, but not at the same time.
you keep adding more onto what you're claiming. just recently, you mentioned having a different wincon and said you will get to it soon if you're about to be voted. you said something like that the first day you claimed too. you mentioned that there was a person you would talk about if you thought you were going to die. i'm assuming this turned out to be rubik, but you hadn't even used the terminology "the thing" yet. what you said was very vague. you also only said this after KoD voted (and then unvoted)' for you.

you said the reason you claimed was because you were afraid you would be hammered over night, but you also didn't want to elaborate about your role because you wanted to wait until you thought you were going to die? that doesn't make sense to me. if you were hammered, you wouldn't be able to say anything after that. how do we know you weren't just trying to buy time so you could make up a better lie? in the morning you said this right away.

which seems a lot more specific than what you had said the night before.
You do make a valid point and observation. I did what I did and I guess it made sense to me to do it that way. I will admit to doing it out of a partial way to frighten you guys to hold off on lynching me and it seemed to work for a bit. I am being honest. I know it doesnt help my situation but I am being honest. If I did die my role would be exposed and you guys would see for yourself.
i don't understand how you keep finding so much new information about your role. it's not like this is the first day of the game. i know you've been saying you dont understand it and have been asking rag for clarifications and trying to figure it out, but if you were so unsure about how your role worked, why hadn't you already asked for these clarifications already? you thought it was important enough that both teams would lose if you died. the game had already been going on for 6 days at that point and you were posting a lot, so it's not like you didn't have time. you're saying you didn't understand your role, but only thought to figure it out once you used it as a reason for people to not vote you? because that's kind of the impression i've gotten from skimming over your posts.

or, you could just be making stuff up as you go. i'm not convinced you are yet, but it seems like a real possibility to me.

is there any harm to town if you are voted out, other than just the harm of possibly voting out a townie? like is it required for you to be alive for the thing to be defeated or something? do you have some ability that will make it way easier for town to deal with the thing? cause if you don't, i think it may be better at this point to vote you just to confirm whether you're telling the truth. like what kod said.
I kept on asking Rag to clarify or give me more info on a certain subject. Since I had gone public with it and I was prolly going to die, I was and am trying to give town an edge. I really just wanted to keep things on the low down for as long as possible for that is what The Thing would be doing too.

As I have said before, I do have a Wincon. I am not ready to explain it now for if I am not lynched, but if I am lynched then you will see for yourself. My Wincon is another reason why I was trying to warn you guys without saying alot.

I didnt really read all of your questions, so please let me know if there is one that you would really like to be answered.

Since you are one of the few that are at least giving me a chance at my story, please scroll back and try to reread all of my posts and remeber most of the info I provided after I die. Also, pay attention to my wagon because for sure there has to be at least one mafia on it if not 2.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if anyone has any questions about the way i approached designing the game i will answer or decline to answer those questions on a case by case basis

I responded to you when you took my post and change some words to it. The rolecop one. And you havent gotten back to me on it. I am literally expressing that hard evidence has a place in mafia. What is wrong or false about that sentence? You may need to explain to me again or respond to my post that which I was responding to your post about the rolecop thing and having no hard evidence and yada yada. I am 100% willing to listen to what you have to say again. I dont see what I am doing wrong. Please. Show me. I am being 100% genuine. Respond to my post I made. If you cant find it then I can sow it to you.

I know.

And I did respond to you in short form rather than long form because why would I waste my time?

If you can't see the error in using the role cop as hard evidence as your example when comparing, despite your hypocritical view of hard evidence, then nothing more needs to be said as the point is flying high over your head. Suffice to say, your point is invalid.

Personally, I think the point you made was in bad taste and makes me think less of you being town as opposed to not town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom