• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Most Useless Zelda Item

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
The horse call in TP, by the time i got it i didnt need it cause i could either warp anywhere i wanted or just find some horseshoe grass, that works just as good

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Most of the items in Zelda II are almost useless. Like the hammer and the flute. And oh yeah, i'm now playing OOT 3D (I'm now past Dodongo's Cavern and I am bizzy in the Bombchu Bowling Alley) and I've only used a Deku Nut once, to see what it does. Gotta love the gyroscope slingshot...

M

MrJAwesome

Horse Call definetly. Ilia goes through all the trouble of giving me that and I never used it.
Actually I think it might be Zeldas Letter. Duh.

I think the Deku Nut in Majora's Mask was highly useless (at least for me.) I don't recall having to use it at all (even as a Deku Scrub) so I have to say that. I do agree with some that it was more useful in OOT.

Oh, and the Blast Mask in MM was pretty useless too lol! (But that's not a multi-game item :) )

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I think the Deku Nut in Majora's Mask was highly useless (at least for me.) I don't recall having to use it at all (even as a Deku Scrub) so I have to say that. I do agree with some that it was more useful in OOT.

Oh, and the Blast Mask in MM was pretty useless too lol! (But that's not a multi-game item :) )

The Deku Nut in MM. I found those useful because I could use them to kill the Dragonflies (before I got the Bow and Arrows. After I got the bow I just used that) and stun the bugs on the bridges. The Blast Mask? Don't even get me started. I have used that SO many times since I got it.

What do I find useless? Uhmm... as much as I loved TP, the spinner and the rod were pretty useless. I have played OoT too many times to count, and I don't recall EVER using Nayru's Love. If anyone has found that useful, you may correct me, but I have never found it so.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
The lantern in TP. It helps you to see in the dark (obviously) but there's a map that tells you that you're still going in the right direction and once you get far enough in the game you can just turn into a wolf anytime and use your senses to light everything up. You sometimes need your lantern to get into certain treasure chests but you don't really need the rupees. (And if you do, you can cut the grass.)

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
The lantern in TP. It helps you to see in the dark (obviously) but there's a map that tells you that you're still going in the right direction and once you get far enough in the game you can just turn into a wolf anytime and use your senses to light everything up. You sometimes need your lantern to get into certain treasure chests but you don't really need the rupees. (And if you do, you can cut the grass.)

You wouldn't have been able to get through the forest without the lantern. Even if you knew where you were going because of the map, how do you intend to get past the fog? Yeah, that's right, with the LANTERN. It's useful. :) Besides, you need it to light torches and it's so much nicer to be able to see in dark places.

The Giants Knife from OoT it breaks after 5 hits.

YES, agreed. Very much so. I was so mad I wasted my rupees on it.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I literally never used the Cane of Byrna in ALTTP. It was horribly useless; it sucked a ton of magic, and doesn't help that much anyway.

But by far the most useless item was the Circus Leader's Mask. In order to get it, you need access to the Milk Bar, which means you have to get the Romani Mask first. To get it, you have to help Malon escape from the Gorman Bros. and deliver her milk. Once you get in the bar, play the Ballad of the Windfish, and get the mask, guess what it's used for: it makes the Gorman Bros. not attack when they're chasing you! Talk about pointless! Why would you get an item To help you in a sidequest after you've already done it?

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
Purple Chu from TP whats the point of having a gambling potion? NONE you literally can finish all the game without using one, at least with the giant knife you could, hmm well ok Purple Chu and Giant Knife :)

Magic powder in ALttP. Sure it gets you 1/2 magic but after that, what's the point? Turning enemies into funny characters? I can use the quake medallion to do that which is allot more interesting to use.

You can kill those red/white things that bounce diagonally off walls with the powder and they turn into a fairy. That's far from useless in my book.

I (almost) never used:
Invisibility cloak (LttP)
Ice arrows (OoT)
Nayru's Love (OoT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom