• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Most Overrated Zelda Game?

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Ocarina of Time. I love the game, and it might be my favorite game ever, but it's still a bit overrated, imo. It seems like a large group of gamers consider LoZ and OoT to be the only two Zelda games that matter.

Majora's Mask. The sidequests are really boring. It's a cool game in theory but it wasn't executed very well and it's also very short.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
It is one of my favorite Zelda games, but I have to say Ocarina of Time for the same reasons already explained by justac.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'd have to say Link's Crossbow Training was probably the most overrated Zelda game. I mean, have you seen it's sale statistics? It's sold more copies than every other Zelda game except for OoT, tLoZ, and TP.

Spinoffs aside, I'd have to go with TP or SS. They both were good, but neither great. A large argument on this forum is about which is better, and I say neither (although atm I'm kinda leaning TP, but that's besides the carefully laid out point). They both have their good parts, and both have their flaws. I just see them as good Zelda games, but many around ZD seem to love it intensly, or at least more than they deserve.

Kind of a difficult question, because the only Zelda game that is near-universally praised by the gaming community as a whole is Ocarina of Time. I personally don't think it's a super amazing game or anything by today's standards, but it's undeniably one of the most important in video game history, so I wouldn't say it's overrated.

Other than that, I'd say the others each get an appropriate amount of praise.

I would say OOT even though it is the best zelda game imo. It is rated by reviewers the best game ever and i tend to agree. With that said it is not a trillion times better than any other game out their like some people try to say it is. it is sligthly better than final fantasy 7 and LTTP but the gap isnt that great.

I have to say MM and SS. They are some of my least favorite games. Hate me for this but I don't like almost everything about MM. The mask system was cool, but everything else I couldn't really enjoy. I did go out of my way to get all masks and the Anju Kafei Romance (Which surprisingly is one of my favorite Zelda moments).

As for SS, the motion control worked, but it wasn't precise and screwed up sometimes. Shield durability was a bad idea. What's next? Having to sharpen your arrows or sword? Overall, I didn't enjoy most parts of those games. I did beat both of them though.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
Ocarina of Time is very overrated in my opinion. It's still a good game, but people hold onto it and no matter how much better the newer games are, OoT is still considered the best game by a lot of people.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Wind Waker. While it was an amazing game with grand ideas, it was the only game on a console with so much pizzazz that it made the least obnoxious Zelda games(Ex: the original, OoC, ALtP, and TP) seem easy as pie. What makes it worse is it lead into two of the three worst of all the Zelda games(number one of the three being spirit tracks, #2 Phantom Hourglass, #3 Link's Adventure[Zelda II])

The second most overrated-Majora's Mask.......Need I explain......?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Kinda surprised people are saying SS. It receives a fair amount of both praise and criticism, usually from the same people. I don't see how you can consider such a game overrated lol.

Anyway, it's probably a tie between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Ocarina goes without saying. TP, on the other hand is an interesting case. I'm aware that TP is pretty much split down the middle for the Zelda fan base, but I honestly think that makes it both overrated and UNDERrated -- which is what makes it an interesting case (no ****, Juicie).

So, yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom