• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Overrated Person of All Time

Writer4God

GeekChic
The most overrated person of all time in my opinion is George Clooney. Granted, he does some good charitable stuff and is a good actor but he's not all that good looking and he just comes off as a snob sometimes.

DekuMan414

TwentyThree is Number One
Definitely NOT Garrus Vakarian, he's the most accurately rated person/alien EVER (btw he's awesome) (no sarcasm). But in all seriousness, either Elvis Presly or Jesus. (please don't kill me)

MW7

The founding fathers of America collectively are overrated. As Daniel Tosh once said, "The founding fathers were a bunch of racists with a handful of good ideas." Really I don't want to say they are the most overrated people ever, but they are overrated.

Also I found an article on the 8 most overrated people ever (Mark Juddery: The 8 Most Overrated People In History: You'll Never Believe Who Made The List (PHOTOS)) and the one I agree with most is Christopher Columbus. His name is synomynous with exploration despite him being preceded in crossing the Atlantic by 500 years, and he remained ignorant of the places he explored (meaning he kept saying he found passage to India even though he didn't).

This isn't really a person but... the band Aerosmith, they are awful. They have like 1 good song, yet some people would call them the greatest band of all time. Do me a favor and listen to an Aerosmith song and then listen to a song by the most underrated band of all time, Rush. You will notice how much more complex and better both the lyrics and music are by Rush compared to Aerosmith, and many other rock bands out there.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Thomas Edison, definitely. He may have invented the light bulb, but his endorsement of DC current and making an example of the "dangerous" AC current in the first public electrocution was disreputable. In the end, I believe Nicolai Tesla should replace Edison as the "greatest inventor ever" - not only did he create more ingenious contraptions, but he is the unsung hero of the electric company.

Justin Bieber has definitely got the vote for me. Although One Direction are pretty close behind him. He sings these generic songs about love, although he has yet to actually experience anything past having a girlfriend which means nothing in this day and age. All his songs do is to basically allow any girl, or boy, to place themselves into the song and feel like he is actually speaking to them. It requires no skill to do, he doesn't even write most of his own songs anyway and yet here we are, he is one of the most famous singers in the world.

One Direction gets a mention on this list because recently they broke a record of being the first British artist/group to actually have a début album début at number 1 in the USA or something along those lines. If we had the technology we do today in the 60's then the Beatles would have probably done that one with extreme ease, and many more bands after them. I think that people take that record as meaning something much more than it actually does.

I think it would be the Kardashians. They havent done so much and still being world famous. They just screw up on television. What is the point??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom