• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Most Hated Boss

Which Boss?

• Ghirahim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scaldara

• Moladrach

• The Imprisoned

• Koloktos

• Tentalus

• Bilocyte

• Demise

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Most bosses I actually enjoyed throughout SS. They weren't the best, but they weren't too bad either. I was going to say Tentalus as he was the only boss I disliked and I only disliked him because of how he looked, (reminded me of the fat, ugly school bully) but then I noticed that last choice. I cannot stand Demise.
1) Unimpressive characterization
2) Unimpressive fight. (Not bad, but the last couple of Zelda main boss fights really blew my mind with either how they were done or how they were implemented through the story. Also, Demise was a let down with his "simple" strategy and only two phases)
3) Last but certainly not least the "He's essentially the reason Ganondorf exists" excuse. Not a completely horrible idea but it was just done in such an unimpressive way (I like that word today).

Demise wasn't too horrible as a boss, but he lost major points considering how important he was to Skyward Sword's story and how important he is to the Zelda series. Give me back the G-man!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Demise and Ghirahim I & II win the slots for me.

Demise just wasn't a worthy final boss. The words he speaks to you as he summons the portal into his netherrealm killed all essence of "epic battle awaits" for me. It was just despicable; how could such a (story wise) powerful dude kill all sense of urgency with a few words? To make matters worse, Demise was a particularly easy final boss. Yeah, Ganon was easy! But guess what, Ganon was epic so he more than made up for the lack of difficulty. Demise? LOL I CAN HACK AND SLASH! Wait what? Just shield bash to win? AIGHT!

Ghirahim I and II, I just didn't like. They felt like jokes -- like tutorials.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Most bosses I actually enjoyed throughout SS. They weren't the best, but they weren't too bad either. I was going to say Tentalus as he was the only boss I disliked and I only disliked him because of how he looked, (reminded me of the fat, ugly school bully) but then I noticed that last choice. I cannot stand Demise.
1) Unimpressive characterization
2) Unimpressive fight. (Not bad, but the last couple of Zelda main boss fights really blew my mind with either how they were done or how they were implemented through the story. Also, Demise was a let down with his "simple" strategy and only two phases)
3) Last but certainly not least the "He's essentially the reason Ganondorf exists" excuse. Not a completely horrible idea but it was just done in such an unimpressive way (I like that word today).

Demise wasn't too horrible as a boss, but he lost major points considering how important he was to Skyward Sword's story and how important he is to the Zelda series. Give me back the G-man!

Um... Demise is built up the entire game, has multiple ways of being defeated, and has a perfectly legitimate reason of being Ganondorf's origin. Exactly what is objectively wrong with him?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Um... Demise is built up the entire game, has multiple ways of being defeated, and has a perfectly legitimate reason of being Ganondorf's origin. Exactly what is objectively wrong with him?

I agree with you except for that last part. There was no reason for Demise to be Ganondorf's origin except Nintendo decided to sell out and cater to the fan's whim of putting in needless references and explanations. Ganondorf could have just been Ganondorf and nothing else, but Nintendo decided to stick this in there because this type of thing is what fans wanted. In the end, it was pointless. Amazingly, the fans still weren't satisfied and wanted even MORE references.

I try to imagine what the game would have looked like if Nintendo did that...my mind shows me this Frankenstein Zelda game monster with several parts of all the other games needlessly mashed together to create Skyward Sword.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I agree with you except for that last part. There was no reason for Demise to be Ganondorf's origin except Nintendo decided to sell out and cater to the fan's whim of putting in needless references and explanations. Ganondorf could have just been Ganondorf and nothing else, but Nintendo decided to stick this in there because this type of thing is what fans wanted. In the end, it was pointless. Amazingly, the fans still weren't satisfied and wanted even MORE references.

I try to imagine what the game would have looked like if Nintendo did that...my mind shows me this Frankenstein Zelda game monster with several parts of all the other games needlessly mashed together to create Skyward Sword.

I disagree. Skyward Sword was a prequel to Ocarina of Time and the rest of the series, therefore they needed an origin for Ganondorf. Before you just had Ganondorf in the games doing the same exact thing for no reason other then being the tyrant. Now we know why Ganondorf keeps on even though he loses each time; that's his destiny. So, where's the beef?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom