• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Most Annoying Thing?

Switching the input buttons for swimming and dashing from A Link to the Past to something else so I keep accidentally doing things other than swimming or dashing. So annoying. A Link to the Past's controls are seriously hardwired into my subconscious being, so that was a really trollish move on Nintendo's part. T__T

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Some of the dungeons were a little disappointing, but other than that I don't have many gripes with the game.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I would have to say the fact that the story was exactly A Link to the Past. I swear it was so much an ALttP remake that it really bothered me. Little dungeon. 3 easy dungeons (let alone the exact same ones, except the House of Gales) Hyrule Castle, fight the final boss, go to the dark world (for goodness sakes they even still had a dark world) 7 harder dungeons (the exact same ones) and then final dungeon. In which the antagonist becomes Ganon, and he's the final boss. I mean... I loved the game, but seriously, it was literally A Link to the Past so much that gosh why couldn't they have made something original :P

I thought the fact that you could only save at bird statues was a little stupid. If they weren't going to put any in the dungeons then why bother? The traditional system would've worked just as well, allowing us to save when and wherever we wanted. Then we could warp/fly to the desired location if we took a break and were starting the game back up.

Which reminds me, constantly being asked to take a break was pretty annoying.

Salem

SICK
I thought the fact that you could only save at bird statues was a little stupid. If they weren't going to put any in the dungeons then why bother? The traditional system would've worked just as well, allowing us to save when and wherever we wanted. Then we could warp/fly to the desired location if we took a break and were starting the game back up.

Which reminds me, constantly being asked to take a break was pretty annoying.
Totally this.

Also, the dungeon layout is revealed to you when you enter it, it isn't like you constantly fill it out as you progress as in the old games, so there's that, they also feel short for some reason.

Fig

The Altruist
Seriously, I was expecting for Yuga to have such a great character development throughout the game. What a joke. I spent all my time hoping that Yuga would at least be a decent character and he is, but I just wished for more about him you know? :dry: It's a minor complaint but it still annoys me. However, that isn't the most annoying thing in the game, no no no, it is the dreaded Cucco minigame. I thought I had 100% the game when I took down the final boss of the game, but it turns out that I didn't because apparently if you survive the Cucco minigame without being touched by a single Cucco for 999 seconds, you will receive a giant talking Cucco.........that does absolutely nothing in the game. The Cucco's only function is to give you the better ending at the end credits as it will be giving you rupees to gather as the credits roll up the screen. What? That's it? It's not worth my time or effort but because I'm such a completionist, I have to keep trying to get that score. That means I have to spend more than 15 minutes in concentrating myself and hope that I survive the entire thing without being touched once, otherwise, it is back to square one for me. Right now, I can't never go past 400 seconds so I have about a third of time done, but damn, the reward could have been at least something worth my time like magic armor, new items, or at least something that I can use. Hell if it was like Pokemon where you are given a certificate for completing the Pokedex, I would greatly appreciate that more than the Cucco. I'm just playing the minigame for two reasons: 1. So I can 100% the game and feel empowered to show off my outstanding feat with my friends and 2. So that I may be the very first person here in ZD to have earned the cucco (assuming that no one hasn't done so yet).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmm I enjoyed the game. I don't have the nostalgic ALttP feelings because I never played that one. Only after I finished this game. Complains:
- Yuga could have been develloped more but instead they have chosen not to :(
- Items gone after you die but fortunately the game is so easy you hardly die unless you play Hero Mode. Then the chances of dying are increased.
- "You're playing for a while. Wouldn't you like to take a break?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I won't! So stop and leave me alone!!

I didn't like the rental system. I only died twice in my playthrough but I didn't like the notion of losing everything when your face hot the floor. so when the items became available to buy, i spent about 5/6hours farming rupees to buy every item I needed before completing the first of Lorule's dungeons...

The one time I did venture out without renting all of the weapons I seemed to come across puzzles and section which needed the one item i didn't have. It was an awful system, in my opinion and thus the most annoying thing in the game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom