• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Morbid Fun with Majora's Mask!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Anyone who's played Majora's Mask knows about its Bad End.

How many of you have let the Bad End (moon-crash, end of the world) happen on purpose?

If so, what did you have young Link do in his final moments? And did you make snarky jokes to yourself about it?

Yes, I'm sick.

Anyway... today, I was messing around in MM, on my completed-game file with the purpose of dealing sweet vengence on bosses with the Firece Diety mask. I didn't slow down Time, and I took a little bit too long. I got back to Clock Town with the intention of "Well, I might as well take on Majora while I'm at it" only to realize I have to get the Moon's Tear to get the Land Title Deed to fly up into the Clock Tower and thought "Meh, it's Zero Hour and I'm not playing the game for serious, so I'll just let the end happen and watch it."

Under me today, Link spent his last hours talking to townsfolk (poor town guard talking about an evacuation notice! That haughty carpenter's boss!). He also raided Anju's dowry (silver rupee) and was "very happy!" about that money despite the fact that he was going to die very soon!

At the very end, I left him to figit, kick dirt off his boots and adjust his tunic; "Gotta look good for the funeral!"

Share your stories of morbid, end of the world fun!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The first time I played after I changed back into a Human meaning only mask I had was Deku Mask I was as to what the ending cutscene looked like so I let the Moon fall. I spent of that time killing Takkuri(annoy Bird before Milk Road.) Send me a friend request if ya want.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Yeah as Hylian Knight stated if i messed up in the game i went to kill that @#$! bird, i couldnt ever kill it!!! It allways took my sword:cry: and since i couldnt have a sword i thought, me + no sword= suicide>.<. So yep i made the world almost all the time because the only way i could kill the bird was using my bomb mask.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Shadsie said:
I got back to Clock Town with the intention of "Well, I might as well take on Majora while I'm at it" only to realize I have to get the Moon's Tear to get the Land Title Deed to fly up into the Clock Tower

Next time climb the small ramp on the east side and use the Zora mask. You'll be just tall enough to hop up :)

Back on topic. I don't recall ever letting Link die by the moon. I can kind of imagine the situation though. I might equip the Bremen Mask and just march around Clock Town until the moon came crashing down and Link looked up screaming "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU" into the sky. Another alternative might be dancing the night away with the Kamaro Mask until the moon abruptly ended your routine. Thinking about it, there are so many possibilities and it almost makes me want to try it out sometime.

Another alternative might be dancing the night away with the Kamaro Mask until the moon abruptly ended your routine. Thinking about it, there are so many possibilities and it almost makes me want to try it out sometime.

Haha That was totally what I was thinking of doing when I saw the title of this thread. Although it might be more fun to ride on over to Romani Ranch and sing Kum-Bi-Yah with the evacuees And watch the moon as it falls upon you. Haha. Great thread. Plenty of room for imagination.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I've never ended my game on purpose... but the first time I played MM, I ended up having the moon fall on my head while I was looking for a way to get to the top of the clock, because I had no clue where to look, kept getting lost in Clock Town, and danced with the scarecrow once without realizing he was going to speed up time.

It was really kind of sad for me, to see that so early in the game. After seeing it once, that was all I needed to realize that I wanted to play the Song of Time ASAP once I hit the third day.

Ah, well, sadly I didn't really do this at all. I've never had trouble with the 3-Day Cycle time-limit, and have always been able to play the Song of Time in time. I've only seen the end of the world once, and that was one time I intentionally let it happen because I wanted to see what it looked like. I was fairly unimpressed with the cinematic of the fire rushing across the generic land, so I've never had interest in seeing it again.

And I guess the novelty of the idea that the world is about to end while doing something specific never really appealed to me so... uh... yeah. Sorry if I'm being lame. :sweat:

Next time climb the small ramp on the east side and use the Zora mask. You'll be just tall enough to hop up :)
You don't even need the Zora Mask. Normal Link will do just fine. It's only the Deku Scrub who's too short (and the Goron with his inability to climb or jump).

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I've never let the moon crash on Termina on purpose. In fact, I fear the moon so much most of the times I find myself playing the Song of Time almost every time I can, for fear the moon could hit Termina, or the light of my house could cut off, and I would lose all of the hard work I spent in one 3 day-cycle.
Plus, I'm a proud cheater when it comes to dungeons, playing the Song of Time when I get the dungeon's item (now I'm lamenting because I played the Song of Time when I killed Wart in the Great Bay Temple and got the Ice Arrows... I had donde 1/3 of the dungeon and had 60 hours left!).

It might be fun, though, marching with the Bremen Mask or dancing with Kamaro Mask the day or night the moon is going to fall, or, for example, accomplish a sidequest just some minutes before the moon is going to crash Termina, with Link having a sense of accomplishment just before the moon is going to fall.

There are so much ways to let the moon kill you while you do something stupid before the decisive moment... I have to exploit the potential of the moon and the masks to combine them and die without feeling bad for it! :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Thanks for the ideas, guys!

The above post was... actually the first time I ever did the end of the world on purpose. The only other time I recall the world ending on me was when I was trapped in Deku form the first time playing the game and couldn't figure out what I was doing and couldn't tag all those Bomber kids in time. I seem to recall going online and asking a longtime buddy on AIM who was a fan just what I was supposed to do... I didn't even do the above end of the world *entirely* on purpose. I wanted to kick Majora *again* in the Fierce Diety Mask after kicking all the bosses' tails and forgot a little detail until it was too late and only then decided to run around like an idiot and let the end just happen.

But I love apocalyptic stories and am quite the morbid person...

Trying out some of these other ideas, completely *on purpose* sounds like great fun! Dancing, marching, running over to the ranch... When I am bored and feel like MMing, anyway.

I can kind of imagine the situation though. I might equip the Bremen Mask and just march around Clock Town until the moon came crashing down and Link looked up screaming "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU" into the sky. Another alternative might be dancing the night away with the Kamaro Mask until the moon abruptly ended your routine. Thinking about it said:
haha i like thoes ideas :lol:

i like to talk to people from all over termina to see what they say on the 3rd day

I wanted it to make it look very dramatic. When there is little time left, I got on Epona and rode away from the town........ dramatically.

T

Tatiana

Well, all I can tell is that I've played it first when I was like... 8 years old. So, I didn't even know about virtual walkthroughs... Consequently, the moon destroyed my head over a thousand times! Haha. (:

Okay... I will admit it... I did play Majora's Mask for a few hours once... Even though I do not claim I have, I once played it at a friend's house. I was still as Deku Link, and clueless on what to do... I had obtained the Moon's Tear and traded it for the flower thing, but I still didn't know how to get into the Clock Tower. So after the last few minutes before the Moon prepared to fall, I went to hide in this laundry thing, if I can remember correctly--it's been a while... Since I was Deku Link, I pulled the shell-like thing over my head, crouching. I did it until the Moon fell. Very cowardly for such a hero, don't you think? So... I can't say it was exactly on purpose for the most part, but I was still laughing my head off about it.

initialDable

going deku
I've never done anything like this either. Next time I play Majora's Mask I'm going to take Link to Clocktown, look up at the moon straght in the eyes using c-up and shout: COME GET ME MOON! :mad:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I headed out to Pinnacle Rock and down to the very bottom in made up hopes for Link that it would shelter him from the shockwaves of the moon crashing, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom