• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Missed ONE Heart Piece in OoT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok So I got all the medallions and am at Ganandorf's Castle... I have 19 Hearts and THREE pieces. I can't for the life of me find that last piece, so I checked Zelda Dungeon's walkthrough. Every heart piece they show you I can specifically remember getting! Now, I'm sure one of those pieces was simply from another file and I'm just mixing it up, but is there any way to find out which one? Besides:
1) going to every single piece individually until I find out which one is still there (which would take FOREVER)
2) Restarting my whole game and checking off each piece I get so I can keep track on my own of which I have

Any other suggestions??? Both of these options would take a very long time to do just for one piece of heart and it doesn't seem worth it... but at the same time I can't stand ending the game with just 19 hearts! Soooo frustrating! Also, this isn't limited specifically to OoT; has anybody had this problem with other Zelda games? Do any of them have a method of preventing this? I've really only played ALTTP, OoT, and MM so maybe the later ones keep track for you somehow? That'd be pretty cool...

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Check a video on Youtube having a heart-piece compilation, and you probably should remember where.

Well no see the problem isn't how to get it, it's if there's a way to find out which one I haven't gotten yet, without checking each one individually in the game. I can easily find out how to get any of them right here at Zelda Dungeon, so posting a topic at the forum on how to find a specific one would obviously just be spam haha

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What you should do is try to remember every one you have collected so far, and check it off. For the ones you aren't sure of (you have all but 1 o_O), check ZD's guide :D

Ah, fustrating. I never tryed getting them all in OoT, but had tryed in MC. I got every heart peice except one. I have been looking all over the internet for an answer. I redid everything to try and find it. Until, 2 weeks later, I found out there was ome kind of translation problem and they took out one heart peice in the minish woods. T _T This got me sooooo mad. I remember someone out there made a tool that checks all of heart peice you missed. But, that is for MM, and it can only be used on online illegal roms. So, I guess you better check them all if you really want it. But, restarting does not seem worth it at all.

E

evilpwner

Try a few of the more out of the way ones like (numbers in the ZD walkthrough) 6, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 27, 36. Those ones are furstrating/forgettable so try them first. Honestly, I don't think it would take that long to go through all of them though... definately make a list now and check off places you've double checked.

And if it's Dampé's race, which I bet it is, here's some advice: Roll to catch up if you get hit by fire, but don't stay to close to him. Also listen for fire if you can't see around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
And if it's Dampé's race, which I bet it is, here's some advice: Roll to catch up if you get hit by fire, but don't stay to close to him. Also listen for fire if you can't see around the corner.

And you can use the longshot in the last room to pull yourself to the door. Just hook it to one of the torches on either side of the door.

There's really no way we can help you. Caleb's working on a new Heart Piece guide that should make it significantly easier to keep track, but until them, there's really nothing you can do but go back and check every one. I find that the really easy ones are the easiest to overlook, so start there.

Thanks a bunch guys. That ROM to check what heart pieces you already have sounds very interesting, but I have the actual console version of the game. I tried using an emulation, but my controller won't work which I cannot figure out, but it's all good. Besides, you said for MM anyway, so that doesn't help me. I've definitely learned my lesson though, on my MM file I saved a copy of Caleb's guide to the Heart pieces onto my computer, and I know check off every one I get, without looking to see HOW to get them, of course. But I guess I'll just start the long and arduous task of checking each one individually.... Which is gonna be a pain considering I'm also working on a Three Heart Challenge. I guess I'll find time somewhere in between.
Thanks for the help guys! Maybe we should write some letters to Miyamoto, and he'll consider implementing some way to fix this problem in future games.......

jugglaj91

I am me....
This is sort of fixed in TP. There is the fortune teller in Hyrule Market that will show you where a heart piece remains. Not very clearly but well enough that you should know the general area to check. I agree it can be frustrating and I hope this way in TP remains in future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom