• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap NOT the First Game?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
So I've been playing through TLoZ Minish Cap, and I've been trading magic shells for figurines. blah blah blah

Well, I won Nayru's figurine, and it said something pretty... odd...

"She's looking for a house in Hyrule to move into. She is a descended from a line of priestesses in the land of Labrynna."

So... wtf? She descended from the Nayru of OoX? Isn't Labrynna the land from OoX? The game with Nayru the sage?
I'm so confused now.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Right, so what I mean is that would make the OoX games take place BEFORE MC, right?

No, I just said incarnations. Different from the oracles of Seasons and Time unless you have proof Mr. Wright. Because if this did take place before OoX, the existance of the Triforce would have been known.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Honestly, these girls seem more like incarnations of their OOX parts. They have no real power according to me since they can't control the Seasons or Time.

What if it is the other way around?
The OoX counterparts can be descendants of them, and, we don't see any facts implying that they can not control either seasons or time, or do we?
This is a fact that never bugged me, as it makes perfect sense what I said.
FS(not FSA) was said to be the first one in the Timeline(it was stated by either Eiji and Shiggy), and MC is clearly a sequel, so i guess everything comes after them

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
like skull kid said, why cant the OoX oracles be descendants of these oracles who are descendants of past oracles from those places? this doesnt mean that MC comes after, it could just be proof that they are on the same timeline. it could just as easily be proof that MC is before OoX.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
That is actually a very good point even though I never even noticed it, (and I have all 136 figurines too). According to what the description says, it's acting like they are direct desendents of the original oracles from the Oracle series. Now, I'm not a hardcore timeline enthusiast, but I can see what DvSag is getting at here. I'm actually gonna say that the Oracle games come first in the timeline in this case. Now, I am most likely wrong though so don't really listen to me.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That is actually a very good point even though I never even noticed it, (and I have all 136 figurines too). According to what the description says, it's acting like they are direct desendents of the original oracles from the Oracle series. Now, I'm not a hardcore timeline enthusiast, but I can see what DvSag is getting at here. I'm actually gonna say that the Oracle games come first in the timeline in this case. Now, I am most likely wrong though so don't really listen to me.

Ganon cannot be in any Zelda game that comes before OoT. OoX is basically about twinrova trying to ressurect Ganon, which means he was dead before OoX. OoT is the introduction of ganon/dorf which means any game before it on a timeline wont have ganon/dorf in it or any mention of ganon/dorf in it.

and as i said earlier, the statement on the figurines could just as easily mean that OoX comes after MC.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Ganon cannot be in any Zelda game that comes before OoT. OoX is basically about twinrova trying to ressurect Ganon, which means he was dead before OoX. OoT is the introduction of ganon/dorf which means any game before it on a timeline wont have ganon/dorf in it or any mention of ganon/dorf in it.
So, where might Four Sword Adventures fall on the timeline, then? I thought it was before OoT, too.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
So, where might Four Sword Adventures fall on the timeline, then? I thought it was before OoT, too.

FSA is a pretty obvious sequel to ALTTP. The maps are very similar and after you beat the game in ALTTP, you can go to the palace of the four sword in the dark world. In this palace, you find the broken four sword which means that whatever was trapped in it, escaped. At the end of FSA, Ganon was trapped in the Four Sword. This is evidence that ALTTP takes place after Ganon is freed from the Four Sword which would mean that FSA is a prequel of ALTTP.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I might place it at the start, or I might put it further up. There really is nothing solid to say either way. That whole it-explains-how-Link-got-his-cap thing is just a load of crap. It holds no water in real theories.

and as i said earlier, the statement on the figurines could just as easily mean that OoX comes after MC.

Unless of course Ganon was a different being a long time ago. It has been said that he is the "ancient demon 'reborn'", and that Twinrova are his surrogate mothers. In my opinion, there is the possibility that a long time ago, Ganon, in his pig form, existed. Eventually, Triwnrova could have revived this ancient demon withing the body of Ganondorf. Ganon could be the true embodiment of the demon within Ganondorf in this case. I know its a bit of a stretch and a theory that most people wouldn't agree with, but it is a possibility.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Unless of course Ganon was a different being a long time ago. It has been said that he is the "ancient demon 'reborn'", and that Twinrova are his surrogate mothers. In my opinion, there is the possibility that a long time ago, Ganon, in his pig form, existed. Eventually, Triwnrova could have revived this ancient demon withing the body of Ganondorf. Ganon could be the true embodiment of the demon within Ganondorf in this case. I know its a bit of a stretch and a theory that most people wouldn't agree with, but it is a possibility.

Um Dark_Link... that was a mistranslation. It sorta went something like "evil demon" or something, I can't find the post that told me this exactly but I know it is a mistranslation.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Um Dark_Link... that was a mistranslation. It sorta went something like "evil demon" or something, I can't find the post that told me this exactly but I know it is a mistranslation.

In the later games, there is no such thing as a mistranslation. All the differences are do to localization only. Whenever you translate something, it comes out a bit weird no matter what. So you have to adjust things to the target culture. This is called localization. You see the teams behind it in the credits of each game. As of A Link to the Past, there are no mistranslations. They don't exist in the series after that.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
In the later games, there is no such thing as a mistranslation. All the differences are do to localization only. Whenever you translate something, it comes out a bit weird no matter what. So you have to adjust things to the target culture. This is called localization. You see the teams behind it in the credits of each game. As of A Link to the Past, there are no mistranslations. They don't exist in the series after that.

That does not change that the message is not like the Japanese one and is not the same meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom