• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Midna's Return?

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
At the end of Twilight Princess, Midna does shatter the Mirror of Twilight, separating her world from Link's.

HOWEVER. "See you later"
Is Midna coming back? :puppy:

Even if the Twilight is seperated, there is no reason it can't be reopened. It was before.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
If midna came back, I'd start losing hope. I don't want a helper, if you will, to come back later. Navi didn't come back, fi isn't coming back, Tatl didn't come back, so why should midna?

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
If midna came back, I'd start losing hope. I don't want a helper, if you will, to come back later. Navi didn't come back, fi isn't coming back, Tatl didn't come back, so why should midna?

I didn't really mean as a helper. She is the Twilight Princess, and should stay that way. If anything, she could be in another game as just a character such as Link or Zelda.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I didn't really mean as a helper. She is the Twilight Princess, and should stay that way. If anything, she could be in another game as just a character such as Link or Zelda.
I really don't want another game solely revolving around the Twili, and Midna. Regardless if she's the Twilight Princess, she has no real reason to return. It's best if they create a new Zelda game with new ideas. Myself and fans included, do not want same old, same old.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane

Nor did I mean that. I meant in the game she was a helper. So why should she be in a future game as a major character?

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
Nor did I mean that. I meant in the game she was a helper. So why should she be in a future game as a major character?

You never know... Every villain against Link (and company) ;) it could happen.

But that is true.

My friend and I were always struck by her saying "see you later".

Midna is the greatest companion character in franchise history. She manifested exceptional character development transforming from a selfish imp at Twilight Princess's inception to someone willing to risk here life to vanquish Ganondorf from the realm of Hyrule. Along with Zant she also represented the civil war shattering the Twilight Realm, with certain rogue faction allying themselves with the Usurper King.

Do I think she'll ever return? In a prequel-no. In a sequel-possibly. During the end credits of Twilight Princess we observe a scene where Zant breaks his neck. This can be interpreted as Ganondorf losing the powers granted through the Twilight Realm or Zant breaking the deal with the Gerudo thief he formerly considered his god. This is all speculation however. Seeing as how the Mirror of Twilight is broken, there is no way to venture into the Twilight Realm and yet there are story alternatives for travel across space and time throughout the Zelda franchise. Take the Gate of Time as being a portal to the past. Even after its termination, the Master Sword served the same purpose albeit in future travel and for the sole purpose of maturing the bearer to the rightful age. Nintendo can utilize the Twilight Realm as an area in danger from Zant or a new villain wreaking havoc.

Fig

The Altruist
Midna probably met that as just a last good bye statement before she left to her world. Maybe what she meant is that she will still have Link in her mind, thus in a way fits in with her final statement she said to Link. Another possibility is that she could later become a sage and assist Link (or a descendant for that matter) in his adventures, similar to the sages from Ocarina of Time.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
My 'theory' answer is no, as far as we know and/or safely assume, the Mirror of Twilight was the only portal between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm, and it was completely destroyed.

...aaaaand now I'm moving this to WoZ, since all the other discussion going on belongs there.

well who knows..maby the Triforce could send link to the Twilight realm..who know what Hiddin powers the Triforce Has. The only way i can see Midna returning is through a game ( The Legend of Zelda: Return to Twilight) were you return to the Twilight realm to help Queen Midna in serch for her Daughter Zelda ( named after Zelda in honor for saving her ).. thats the only way i can see minda making an aperance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, Nintendo DID say they would look into Midna's case if enough fan reaction was brought about. As of late, I haven't seen too much, but I wouldn't say it is improbable for her to return in a TP sequel or something of the sort. Just because the only link *we* saw to the Twilight Realm was destroyed doesn't mean that other links *we* HAVEN'T saw do not exist. :yes:

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Admittedly, I don't think that Nintendo necessarily intended to end Twilight Princess with a cliffhanger for Midna. I always viewed her saying "See you later" as a sort of cruel irony, considering that that was one of her relatively common phrases throughout the early portions of the game (specifically, she would say that every time that you completed a Tears of Light quest). That said, I think that there are ways that the Big N could bring her back without turning it into a contrived, fan-service-laden mess. ALIT's suggestion is just one of those. O' course, I would love for this to happen, and the only thing that gives me even a modicum of hope is that quote from Aonuma. Y'know...

"If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not?"

Now, while I might just be delusional, I would like to think that Midna is one of the most (if not the most) popular characters in the series, outside of the main trio of Link, Zelda, and Ganon. Again, I think that her return could work if done properly, but I don't think that Nintendo -- when developing TP -- intended to use her again, nor do I think that they expected the character to garner such a huge following.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
No. We can not have midna again. I didnt like her mucg at all and as stated before, other companions havent returned

No. We can not have midna again. I didnt like her mucg at all and as stated before, other companions havent returned

The argument that something can't occur because it hasn't happened yet is not an effective one. Take a look at the Final Fantasy franchise for instance (came to mind after viewing your signature). There was never a direct numeric sequel in the franchise until Final Fantasy XIII-2. Why can't a Zelda companion be recurring in the future? We've already seen numerous fairy sidekicks throughout the franchise and although each was unique they were intrinsically similar. Perhaps Nintendo doesn't or won't bring back Midna's persona but a member of her same race in a future installment.

Also maintaining that you didn't like her doesn't speak for the majority. I don't mean to be harsh here but there is an entire league of fans devoted to bringing this character back, centered around the site Want Midna Back. Not only do these avid fans petition Nintendo for the action to be realized but also express their efforts in true physical craft and beauty such as recent work on a Mirror of Twilight replica. Companions have certainly been esteemed throughout the franchise whether due to nostalgia or strong characterization but the voice supporting Midna booms loudest in the night sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom