• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna

Do you like Midna?

• Yes I thought she was a good character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I thought she was a bad character

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Dirty Link

my boy is playing twilight princess for the first time as ive been trying to get him to play zelda for awhile and he chose twilight princess cause i would let him borrow it as opposed to buying it. He asked me about the characters and i didnt want to be bias so i sent him a link giving detailed explanations of them. He just beat the lakebed temple and texted me asking why i didnt warn him midna sucked so much. I couldnt agree w/this more if i tried. She needed to be a lot less involved in the game. Im sorry i didnt care about her, her people, or anything she had to say. She never had anything important to say really she just stated the obvious, like navi did, just sans the "hey listen". Also the romantic feeling was beyond weird and turned me off a lot. If she makes a return in zelda wii, i would still play the game as its literally the only reason i have yet to sell my wii, but i would probably do it very reluctantly because of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
my boy is playing twilight princess for the first time as ive been trying to get him to play zelda for awhile and he chose twilight princess cause i would let him borrow it as opposed to buying it. He asked me about the characters and i didnt want to be bias so i sent him a link giving detailed explanations of them. He just beat the lakebed temple and texted me asking why i didnt warn him midna sucked so much. I couldnt agree w/this more if i tried. She needed to be a lot less involved in the game. Im sorry i didnt care about her, her people, or anything she had to say. She never had anything important to say really she just stated the obvious, like navi did, just sans the "hey listen". Also the romantic feeling was beyond weird and turned me off a lot. If she makes a return in zelda wii, i would still play the game as its literally the only reason i have yet to sell my wii, but i would probably do it very reluctantly because of her.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that in my opinion, that Midna didn't always state the obvious, Half the time her input was actually useful for when I was playing the game. Navi actually tells you how to open a door incase in 10-12 years that he had been alive that he had never opened a door or at least figured out how to.

I'd also like to state that without Midna being a major part of the game, Twilight Princess as a whole would have never happened considering it's her orders that make Link go through all he dungeons, fighting your way through the Twilight Palace and eventually fighting Ganon at the end.

I thought that Link had a connection as friends but I don't think that in anyway did they look at each other as sexual partners :S :shake:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I actually found her to be quite an important character that was actually much more involved with the plot than Navi was. I disagree with the whole "State the obvious" thing, considering the Twilight Realm or Zant's ruling was not obvious at all. In fact, nobody knew about it until TP. Plus, her character development and involvement with the plot crescendoed throughout the course of the game, with her first using you to save the Twilight Realm, then she decides to save you both. Navi was for Hyrule, and just felt like annoying the crap out of Link. In fact, the only obvious thing Midna said was "Look for a weak point!" or something like that.

Now, when it comes to knowledge about Hyrule and its enemies, Navi definitely wins. Midna doesn't know many things about the creatures of Hyrule. So, when you're saying that Midna doesn't know squat, you better just be talking about Hyrule. She knows a lot of things. In fact, if the game was longer, she could've ranted for an hour if she wanted to. But, of course, we learned everything we needed to know so that way we could work on the fanfiction that I don't write. I actually thought she was perhaps one of the best partners in the series. Now, for a bad partner, that would have to be Celia. She stated the obvious! ;)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I thought I'd replied to this thread already? Maybe I just took the poll.

I adore Midna.

Now, the first time I played the game, I did find her a little annoying at first. My guy (who watched me play) and I nicknamed her "Paperclip" after the Microsoft Office Assistant because sometimes she'd pop up to "help" when I didn't want her to... This was before I got a chance to play OoT for the first time and meet Navi. We call our Garmin unit "Navi" and joke about putting it into a bottle and shaking it whenever it misdirects us while driving. Anyway... back to Midna...after a while, the little wart grew on me.

Midna: Who ya callin' a wart?!!!

Through the latter half of the game, heck, probably just around the Lakebed Temple - I got to liking her and she prooved herself to be a real character. Most of the partners are only there when you need them, as tools... Nintendo gave Midna a backstory and a whole people and some strong motivation. I'm playing TP for the third time now... for me, Midna grew from being a "paperclip" to one of my favorite characters in the entire series.

And yes, I'm one of those crazy people who ships Link x Midna. However, I don't like the idea of them doing anything actually strongly sexual while she's still in imp form. But, I'm the kind of person who doesn't see romantic relationships as being all about sex (or even necessarily leading there). Love isn't always physical.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
well i think that midna did state the obvious and that she never gave you any help unlike navi or tatl who gave you help with enemies and on where to go. but i still like her as a character. i just felt that she was more of a main character then a sidekick

well i think that midna did state the obvious and that she never gave you any help unlike navi or tatl who gave you help with enemies and on where to go. but i still like her as a character. i just felt that she was more of a main character then a sidekick

You're right Midna is a main character in Twilight Princess's story. After all she is the Twilight Princess.
I know that some people feel that she stole the spotlight from Zelda, and I know that Zelda's an important character, but I think that it was nice to have another Princess character besides Zelda for a change.

You're right Midna is a main character in Twilight Princess's story. After all she is the Twilight Princess.
I know that some people feel that she stole the spotlight from Zelda, and I know that Zelda's an important character, but I think that it was nice to have another Princess character besides Zelda for a change.

This is true. Everyone always says that LA was excellent because it gave us a break from Zelda and gave us a new main female character (Marin), and I agree with this. Just like MM, it's always great to have that one game once in a while that just kind of breaks away from the rest and does something different. Same goes for characters. I'm surprised more people weren't happy that we got an in-depth character that was separate from the main three. However, I do hope that Zelda Wii will follow in ST's "tracks" (Pun intended) and keep Zelda around as a main character.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
I love Midna, she become also one of my favorites, finally a person with you with a great back story, so not like Navi/Tatl only to help you or tell you where to go. I also like her just because her look and her great sarcasm, i thought in the beginning she was a bad something, or someone who thought Link was a weakling, i'm glad she liked Link after all his hard work. I never thought she was the Twilight Princess... i was always wondering why the titles was named Twilght Princess, no i never searched for it, it was just Midna.
She added a great story to the game, not only the gameplay is important, a nice story about a character will give them also a good reputation. I enjoyed her whole story and enjoyed to read them.

T

Tily

I don't dislike or like Midna. To me, Midna seemed like a great character- she was smart, insightful, rude, nice, and basically any other emotion you could think of, but she never really stuck out to me as much as she did to a lot of people online, apparently. I liked her a lot more than Elzo and the King of Red Lions, but the only reason I liked Navi and Tatl more than her was because I love how the fairies look :3 which is nothing personal. Midna did have the most backstory and depth of any of the sidekicks in the Zelda universe and a LOT more personality and attitude, so I will admit she is a very good character as far as Zelda games go. I wouldn't say she had more backstory than any other Zelda character at all... I would say Zelda has slightly more of a backstory, Ganon, and the Sages, in total, have just as much backstory, but that's in total.

All in all, I'm neutral when it comes to liking Midna. I've seen many mixed results of TP over the years. I've seen people who hated it (of which I was close to being, no offense) but if there's one thing I've seen consistent is peoples' love of Midna. I'd like to see her in another game, but it's not something that would make me sad if she wasn't, though I'm pretty sure they'll put her in the next Zelda game from the looks of things.

I liked her, she was a really cool character who really helped the overalll gameplay. She brought a new aspect to the game that i liked greatly.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In the beginning she was very snappy and a bit rude and I almost believed she was evil but she was helping wolf Link so I knew she would be the sidekick. But her sarcastic words often make me laugh. And later in the Game (after the Lakebed Temple) she started to change and I completely love her. I'm not the kind of person who gets attached to a character (except for Link) so in a new Game I am not waiting for a character to return. Heck, I'm way too happy to play the new game!! But I really adore and love Midna. If she would return it would be great, but if she doesn't....well, so it will be. The Game is about Link and Zelda and not about the sidekicks. But from time to time you seriously love a sidekick ;)

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I prefered Navi and Tatl.
I generally dislike Midna.

The thing is that she is just so boy-ish the whole way through the game which I guess can be good seeing as it's a change. But, I prefered it when you had fairies which acted more like a serious friend than someone who's using you to get hold of the Fused Shadow.

I would say that I liked her. I liked her character development and overall importance to the story. I wish there was more to the game than just her. I also think if they brought her back anytime soon it would probably ruin her. Too much of a good thing is what it would be. It would be like a movie with a bad sequel that didn't need one in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom