• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna

Do you like Midna?

• Yes I thought she was a good character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I thought she was a bad character

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ever since Twilight Princess come out Midna has become a popular Zelda character.
In fact a lot of people who dislike TP still like Midna.

So I want to know what everyone thinks of Midna do you like her, or do you think that she was a bad idea that Nintendo should have never had?

I personally like Midna, she's my favorite Zelda character.
I like the way that she developed and grew thoughout TP.
She seemed almost lifelike(for a video game character).

Zarom

The King
Yeah. Midna is absolutely one of the greatest character in the Zelda series. She has so much personnality, and like you said, she seemed lifelike. Also, it was so fun to see her growing up during the game. Plus, Midna looked great in her two forms, she was a very interesting character and she was really important to the story. Clearly one of the best character in Zelda. Zant was awesome too.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Yes I liked Midna a lot, every time i play TP i notice more about her character development from cut-scenes. she seems to change her opinion of Hyrule and the Twilight in the end, diciding on her own course of action (which apparently was: hangin out with Link the whole game and be useful). But anyway i liked how her attitude changed later on, i think its around when you get the master sword, she realizes that it accepted you as a hero of legend, she looks at Link in amazement and then before the end of that scene she looks like she is about to say something else but doesn't as she slips back into Links shadow.

they obviously become very good friends by the end of their quest, almost like a Navi/Link sorta relationship, and I think like OoT our hero will want to search out his lost freind but may never find her.

One thing that really caught my attention was the part after you are locked up in the dugeon as wolf link, Midna flies through a set of bars, separating into little pieces and then reasembling (wow i thought). Then i noticed that she bigins to wave you over except her hand/hair is waving turned downward which is how they wave you over on the other side of the world.

anyway thats probably just because the deveopers are from the other side of the world but its neat because a bit of thier culture was expressed through Midna to all of us on the Western side of the globe.

lastly I dont ever want Link and Midna to meet again, not because i don't like her because I DO! but because their parting was bittersweet and sad and i'd like to keep it that way, i wouldn't change that fact if i could because somehow in my mind it's just seems more... epic..

I thought Midna was an excellent addition to the Zelda Roster, She added a large amount of backstory to the game. I noticed that her angry, bitter and greedy personality slowly sunk away to show her true personality of being kind, friendly and caring for others in the later stages of the game.

She really progressed into an awesome addition as the game got futher into the game, Her cutscenes were great and made TP what it was (although many people out there don't like this game much). In my opinion, she is one of the greatest Zelda characters ever made. I just wish that they could have left us an ending which could give us the idea that she mayt return in the future, Unfortunately though, she will probably never make a proper return outside of legends.

Overall, as I have said a few times before, Midna was excellent, surpassing the likes of Navi and Tatl by far in greatness. They don't even come close to Midna, She adds a lot to TP unlike the fairies to their games in my opinion.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I think Midna is an awesome character. I loved how that she wasn't just another "helper" of Link's that would guide him along his journey. She had an actual backstory and a link to what was going on in the game. She also took an active role in helping Link instead of just giving him hints (for example: destroying the shield around Hyrule Castle, helping Link and Zelda escape from the castle, helping Link get rid of Zant, etc.). I also found her to be a unique character in terms of the role she played and the backstory that she possessed.

So yes, I think that Midna was a good character. :)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Midna is hands down the best Zelda sidekick ever and so far the only one that wasn't truly annoying. First of all she's kinda funny with all her little sarcasm and whatnot. Then there's the fact that she actually tied into the overall plot of the game. Nintendo never pulled that off again. Althogh Elzo was good like Midna but he was annoying. But Nintendo didn't create Elzo. Anyways back on topic Midna also actually physically helps Link. So far only Elzo, Cielia, Leaf, and Neri have done this. Although Midna's help is most erm... helpful (she allows you to transform into a wolf, warp, she lets you do Midna jumps, the Midna Charged Attack and so much more) while Neri's was most useless (defense upgrade in a game where you could easily not use a shield at all), Leaf's help was cool but essentiall useless as all the enemies in the game were weak as a globin, Elzo is a key to doing things (in a world where you must shrink an annoying hat called Elzo gives his annoying help), Cielia only helped in the final boss and gave you another useless upgrade. The only reason I like Leaf and Neri more than Cielia is because they rarely talk at all while Cielia's yapping about something useless all the time. Midna is just the bomb. She is by far the best sidekick in Nintendo history (and possibly gaming in general).

I would go as far to say she's done the best with character development out of anyone in the entire series. Like you guys have said above, she starts out pretty bad as far as her attitude is, but she slowly gets better with it. One thing I noticed is that after you saved her from Zant's curse, when you press Z to call her, she no longer says "What? What do you want?" in what seemed to me like a pushy tone. Instead, she says "You need something, Link?" in a much more kind type of way. This, along with just the cutscenes and hints she would give, really made me appreciate her character development. Not only that, but she was the first side kick that actually seemed to be a character with depth. Navi had no depth at all, and Tatl was nowhere near as close. All the King of Red Lions managed to do was scream "Haaaaaaay", and he was the freaking king of Hyrule with no depth at all.

So yeah, I love Midna. Really added to TP for me.

S

Spreeze

Yes! I loved Midna.

As others said before me, she had so much personality. Definately a well-thought-out character with an interesting background. What I loved the most was her changing relationship with Link. She seemed, as Ver-Go-A-Go-Go said, less 'annoyed' with Link as the game progressed, showing the growing bond between the two.

I kinda repeated what everyone said, but I suppose great minds think alike, eh?
:D

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Midna is the best sidekick in the whole series! Not annoying and actually helpful! And a great thing was that she impacted alot in the story. I like her personality also!

Too bad you couldn't do anything with Midna's true form as it came so late into the game! :(

i dont like minda. her role was waaaaaaaaaaay to big for a partner. she took over the game. :) :zelda: :ganondorf: are the main charicters in zelda.

I don't like her. She just creeped me out with her joker smile and laugh. Not to mention, the internet's glossing over her has ruined her completely. And the way she sat on you is just... wrong.

F

ForestSheikah

Midna actually had personality. It was refreshing after playing Ocarina of Time, because Navi's kind of flat and very annoying.

Midna actually had personality. It was refreshing after playing Ocarina of Time, because Navi's kind of flat and very annoying.

thats actually what i don't like about her. helpers a supposed to be there to point stuff out, not tell you there life story. not to mention the fact that for the first half of thegame she was just plain bossy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom