• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Messy, clean or a little bit in between?

Dan

While I'm at work I like my environment as clean and spacious as possible, it's important my mind can focus clearly on the tasks at hand, clutter ruins that. I have a nice big desk, and an entire room to myself which isn't the size of a broom closet. I purchased a £400 leather chair for maximum comfort although I do have another area should I wish to stand and work. Comfort and cleanlinesses is everything to me.

Personally I've always disliked a messy environment, some say it helps unleash your creative side but I think in truth it's just people being lazy. I used to work alongside someone in a broom closet sized room, it was ultimately their responsibility to keep the room tidy, unfortunately it was as messy as a typical girls car. When ever I decided I wanted to have a big clean up they would throw a huge tantrum if I moved their stuff which had been sitting in place for months, it would still be sitting there for further months.

I'm bi-curious what you forum dwellers prefer? Does anyone else believe that bull**** about messy environments being more for creativity?

NintendoCN

Team Captain
My room is messy, but my office isn't. Since I need to have it clean so I don't have to move my personal fridge to use my PC where it should be.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My room is about as messy as it gets. Random papers all over in piles of stuff. Nothing parallel or perpendicular. Barely any actual desk space beside having 2 giant desks meet in the corner of my room. Cables everywhere, stuff on the floor. A few select things that are hellllla important in bins so I don't lose them and consider suicide like a few days ago.

Tactical mess is a great way to put it. Those messy piles are in fact organised by certain things. They are not nice piles, but they are clear piles. Keeping organised takes up time that I could be using for work instead.

Dan

My room is about as messy as it gets. Random papers all over in piles of stuff. Nothing parallel or perpendicular. Barely any actual desk space beside having 2 giant desks meet in the corner of my room. Cables everywhere, stuff on the floor. A few select things that are hellllla important in bins so I don't lose them and consider suicide like a few days ago.

Tactical mess is a great way to put it. Those messy piles are in fact organised by certain things. They are not nice piles, but they are clear piles. Keeping organised takes up time that I could be using for work instead.

It's more of a conscious effort to memorise and get into a habit when it comes to be clean. For example at work I share an email system with a colleague. After I've replied to an email I will automatically file it in the appropriate folder which takes 2-3 seconds, my colleague places everything in a "file this" folder until it becomes a massive task that takes hours. They also need to reread the email to know where it is supposed to be designated which means it takes even MORE time.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Im kinda in between sometimes i will be tidy and other times im a hot mess....

Ninja

Well well well
If I don't check myself, things can get messy pretty quick. I do enjoy a clean working environment though. A well organized and cleaned work area allows me to think clearer and relax. Any extra clutter and I start getting anxious and slightly claustrophobic.

Reactions: Dan

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm in the middle, I hate tidying and can be rather lazy, but I also love organizing and having a tidy environment around me. So I'll have small messes around me, but also manage to tidy up without it taking a long time. Recently did a lot of decluttering, so I have less stuff that can make me that messy.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I'm in the middle, I hate tidying and can be rather lazy, but I also love organizing and having a tidy environment around me. So I'll have small messes around me, but also manage to tidy up without it taking a long time. Recently did a lot of decluttering, so I have less stuff that can make me that messy.
this is like me!!! but it is harder when you live with others and theyre like I don't want to throw this rubbish out and youre like that's clutter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom