• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Matthew Mercer confirms his involvement

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Matthew Mercer has finally been allowed to reveal he is voicing Ganondorf in the English language release this time around. This is not a surprise as many had already speculated it to be him but. It's good to finally hear it confirmed.

How are you feeling about the English voice for Ganon so far?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Not feeling him, just kind of sounds like a voice that could be used for any other anime bad guy character
every other Ganondorf voice had a certain distinctiveness to them that his voice does not give, it's not bad but it really doesn't feel like anything special

also now it feels like it takes away a bit knowing this voice has been used w/ heroes (Chrom, Yusuke (Persona 5), etc.)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Ganondorf's English VA(the JP one is quite good too, but the ENG is how I've more or less always imagined Ganon to sound). I'm most concerned with the actual localization more than the voice acting, anyway; BotW had a godawful localization, so hopefully this one is better, although I'm not holding out hope; NoA still refuses to call the Master Sword by it's proper title, if the recent trailer is of any indication(it's referred to by the same title it's always had in the Japanese trailer, just like in BotW).

Still, I'm quite excited.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Matt Mercer's great but I'm not feeling his take on Ganon. Someone like Ganon would be better suited to have a gruffer, old-man-esque sounding voice, if you ask me.

Put his voice through a bitcrusher and it'd be perfect :')

but fr I don't really have an opinion cuz I'm either gonna go with the Russian voices again (and I'm sure Ganon will sound tremendous in Russian) or maybe even mute them if they have an option for that like Age of Calamity did

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom