• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword or Biggeron Sword?

J

jakesuhr

Personally I've always loved the Master Sword the most, but the Biggeron Sword is truly the better sword as it does more damage. They say that the Master Sword is the bane of evil or something like that and at the end they want you to use the Megaton Hammer when you lose your Master Sword but you can still use the Biggeron Sword. So which do you like more? And why do you think they contradict themselves saying the Master Sword is the best sword but then allow you to get the Biggeron Sword which does more damage and kills enemies and bosses much more quicker?

Austin

Austin
I prefer the Master Sword, it looks cooler (imo) and you can use your shield with it. Link just looks more.... complete. Also, I think that when the game was released, they didn't expect most people to find the Biggoron sword. You have to admit that without a walkthrough, it'd be near impossible. As for why they say the Master Sword is the best, this may be because it is the only weapon that could kill Ganon.
\\

C

Colton

Biggerorn Sword is clearly better for everything except Ganondorf. (imo)

Most people think that the master sword is better because you can't use your shield but I disagree... Everytime you need to use you shield (like walking by Deku scrubs, or whatever) you can still press R and use it. Just not while you have the sword out... While if you need it in battle to block things, you can just get around that. Z Target and move left/right and dodge then, when you have an opportunity you can attack. However I usually never evade while fighting unless I absolutely have too. (Fighting a boss, or mini-boss ect.)

Another thing that is really helpful is that the sword is so long.. So if you Z targer and press forward on the analog stick and A it will do a quick stab forward. Rather than slashing left to right. This allows you to get extra reach while moving in on your target but you body itself is very far away. So with this tatic you rarly have to use you shield. You can do this multiple times back to back to get the power boost at the end. Plus the damage boost of the sword itself doesn't hurt. :)

A

Asme

I prefer the Master Sword I think. I like having a shield and it just looks more appropiate for Link =/. Also the Biggoron sword is cheap and makes the game too easy :P.

J

jakesuhr

I prefer the Master Sword, it looks cooler (imo) and you can use your shield with it. Link just looks more.... complete. Also, I think that when the game was released, they didn't expect most people to find the Biggoron sword. You have to admit that without a walkthrough, it'd be near impossible. As for why they say the Master Sword is the best, this may be because it is the only weapon that could kill Ganon.
\\

Well for the very end where you use the Master Sword for the Cutscene (kinda funny cause the cutscene is link cutting Ganon) you have to use the Master Sword but before that or rather up til that point you can use the Biggeron Sword and it works quicker than the Master Sword.

Z

Zora

The Master Sword is better in my opinion because it is Links traditional weapon, and it also irritates me when link is standing there without his sheild it looks so incomplete.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Biggoron Sword. Being stuck with the Master Sword was one reason I didn't like TP.

I actually DID find the Biggoron Sword without help. I spent a lot of time talking to people, going through the trading sequence, and getting Epona while looking for the Hookshot. I found the sword instead.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The Master Sword hands down. I don't think it's called the Master Sword because it's suppose to be the strongest, but the best. Link is best balance with the master sword in offense as well as defence. Also, it repels evil. I'm sure if Ganondorf wanted to he could grab the biggoron sword and use it, but evil can't touch the master sword (not counting the glitch in TP.)

J

jakesuhr

Come to think of it I got the biggeron sword before without any help too.

I always liked the Master Sword more, I used the shield a lot so no doubt I would like the sword that is able to use a shield with it. I rarely, if not ever, use the Biggoron's sword.

With your logic...you wouldn't even need the Master Sword to kill Ganon, so therefore...your logic fails...you need one of the special items to hurt and kill Ganondorf otherwise he's just going to live on for ever. As I'm on this topic, you'll have probably noticed that the Deku Sticks are also a very powerful item (taking little time to wipe out the first 3 bosses in OoT) but they aren't more powerful than the Master Sword. The reason the Master Sword is called the Blade of Evil's Bane is because it rips through Darkness with pure ease hence the reason it's a primary choice to kill Ganon/Ganondorf along with the other magical items that Link uses to kill him.

I'm unsure on which I prefer the most though, I've always liked Two-handed swords more but I'd like to be able to use a shield to protect me in battle as the Biggoron's Sword isn't exactly what you'd call a defensive item. It would depend on if I wanted to go for the quick kill or to protect myself from being killed. Usually though it doesn't matter as the Master Sword is rather beastly anyway so I stick to that most of the time...

The Biggoron Sword is certainly more powerful, and since I'm the type of guy that hacks and slash before I think to hold up my shield, I was equipped with it for most of the game after I obtained it. But really, you can't beat Ganondorf with it right? Doesn't that prove that even though the Biggoron sword does more damage in game, that it can't really be the ultimate blade like the Master Sword? That's what I'm leaning towards, and the Master Sword was practically the equivalent of the Bigggoron's Sword in TP anyway.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
I would have to say that the Biggoron Sword is the better sword by far. But there is something about the Master Sword that just asks to be used...

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I prefer the Master Sword. It looks cool, it has mystical powers and it is the only thing that can beat,stab,slash, Ganon into a bloody pulp. It has a sense of righteousness to it and a sense that it should be wielded by the chosen one, which is Link.

Biggoron's Sword has da power, the muscle and the attack to destroy anyone in it's path, but it's heavy, and you need a lot of strength just to wield it. It can't damage Ganon, it only defeats other monsters with ease.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
The Biggoron Sword is certainly more powerful, and since I'm the type of guy that hacks and slash before I think to hold up my shield, I was equipped with it for most of the game after I obtained it. But really, you can't beat Ganondorf with it right? Doesn't that prove that even though the Biggoron sword does more damage in game, that it can't really be the ultimate blade like the Master Sword? That's what I'm leaning towards, and the Master Sword was practically the equivalent of the Bigggoron's Sword in TP anyway.

Well you can beat Ganondorf with the Biggoron Sword but Ganon on the other hand requires the Master Sword.

I think the Biggoron Sword is the better of the two for me. I always hack away without using my shield much. And also it does twice the damage of the Master Sword. That makes things a heck of a lot faster and I like it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom