• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario

I know, I made a thread about the M&L rpg series, and the Mario 2 thing, but I think it's high time I (or one of us) made a Mario thread. Ah, yes, gaming's Harry Potter, Mario. Jumping on muffins, tossing turtle shells, riding dinosaurs, shooting fireballs, bashing his fist on floating blocks above him (Contrary to popular belief, the fist is about a pixel higher than Mario's head), all that good stuff. So, post whatever you want about him.

Last edited:

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Hey don't make fun of Mario! He's more popular than Zelda (even though I think zelda is better) he is an icon to most of the world and most likely if most of his fan's saw this well you got alot of trouble on your hands!

Hey don't make fun of Mario! He's more popular than Zelda (even though I think zelda is better) he is an icon to most of the world and most likely if most of his fan's saw this well you got alot of trouble on your hands!

There are basically no major fanbases of Mario. Master Kokiri 9 is a Mario fan, but not such a fanboy that he's going to flame whoever doesn't like Mario. Oh and about that "Hey don't make fun of Mario!" thang... good god in heaven there are just so many ways I can say this to you:
Never
Not in a million years
No way Jose
No chance Lance
Nh-n
Uh-uh
and my personal favorite of them all:
Man falling off of a cliff! No! *crack*

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oh good god that was funny. I never noticed how wierd the whole concept of the Mario platformers were. Also I am a (giant) Mario fanboy, Fred, but you weren't making fun of him as dungeon killer said. You were just pointing out the wierdness that is the Mario universe. I just can't believe you noticed this before I could.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I see more people disagree with me as does others. Hey if you keep up the national game stat's and have looked over the video games record book (the gamer's bible) you would agree with me, but I do admit I went overboard with the fan part and thinking fan's would get mad, but I'm a fan to and it didn't look like anything else than making fun of mario. Sorry and a thousand apologies to all.

Oh good god that was funny. I never noticed how wierd the whole concept of the Mario platformers were. Also I am a (giant) Mario fanboy, Fred, but you weren't making fun of him as dungeon killer said. You were just pointing out the wierdness that is the Mario universe. I just can't believe you noticed this before I could.

Glad you thought it was funny. Even though I stole that joke. I actually was making fun of Mario. That post will surely set off Mario fanboys. I don't blame you for not noticing it; it's not common to have this conversation at lunch.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
When I saw the title I thought this thread was made for a discussion about our favourite plumber, but it seems that it is more a fight about a simple mario joke.

I won't close this thread yet, but if I see more of this useless talk about 'jokes' then I won't hesitate to throw this thread in the trashbin.

When I saw the title I thought this thread was made for a discussion about our favourite plumber, but it seems that it is more a fight about a simple mario joke.

I won't close this thread yet, but if I see more of this useless talk about 'jokes' then I won't hesitate to throw this thread in the trashbin.

To prevent any further blab about the "joke" I removed it.

Everyone can talk about Mario in peace now.

N

Notorious NATE

Super Mario 64 is possibly my most favorite video game of all time. It was one of the first console video games I ever bought, and I specifically remember the day I bought it with my Grandpa when I was really young. Unfortunately I never beat the original Nintendo 64 version. I think I only achieved eighty-six or eighty-seven of the original 120 stars, however I finally defeated the game on its introduction onto the Nintendo DS.

I do not like the new Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I bought the game all excited, but I just didn't like it. I thought it was way over the top. I know nothing in the Mushroom Kingdom is realistic, but Mario, Luigi, Peach and a bunch of Toadstool citizens being sucked up into Bowser's stomach with room to spare kind of ruined it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I know nothing in the Mushroom Kingdom is realistic, but Mario, Luigi, Peach and a bunch of Toadstool citizens being sucked up into Bowser's stomach with room to spare kind of ruined it.

True but stranger things have happened in the Mushroom Kingdom. After all Mario and Luigi are from a completely different dimension (the real world city of Brooklyn if I'm not mistaken), there are half Mushroom half human people, and then there's Fawful (he's basically a mental mystery in himself). The gameplay is absolutely perfected, the story is pretty decent, and it's FUNNY!!

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Isn't Mario's last name mario since Mario and Luigi are called the super MARIO BROTHERS. So it's Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

Isn't Mario's last name mario since Mario and Luigi are called the super MARIO BROTHERS. So it's Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

No, Mario is an egotistical jerk and tries to overshadow Luigi. That's how I put it. Mario's last name I could care less about. It's about as interesting as the argument over Birdo's gender.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Personally, Mario gets on my nerves :P I think it's because as a kid, I could never understand why only him and Luigi were Italian, yet they weren't even on earth. (yeah, that totally makes less sense than a super-fast blue hedgehog who runs upright wearing only gloves and sneakers). Still, it's fun to go play Super Mario All Stars once in a while, though I never bother to get very far. Zelda's more my thing xDD

Pff, that film failed so much at being creative. Mario Mario, whatelse. xDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom