• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Manga or Manhwa or Comic Thingy

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Hey! I'm planning out characters for a comic manga manhwa thingy that I'm going to be working on. I have the main character down, Ee Neuk-im (he's Korean and his name is based of of the word for feeling "neukimi") he's a teen that feels everyone else's emotions rather than his own. The plot's gonna pick up after his parents send him to boarding school in a different (unspecified) country and the main points are gonna be him making friends. There's gonna be a female lead (don't worry she's not the romantic interest just a friend I don't want to do stereotypical stuff) and her feelings are gonna be so mundane that when he's around her he actually feels his own feelings.
Now we come to my dilemma. I have no idea how to design female characters since I've never really had to before. Any help would be appreciated! I'll send pics of my sketches ASAP. This thread will also be to keep y'all posted on how its coming along.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Now we come to my dilemma. I have no idea how to design female characters since I've never really had to before. Any help would be appreciated! I'll send pics of my sketches ASAP. This thread will also be to keep y'all posted on how its coming along.
I'd love to help!!!
Do you need help with drawing a girl, like with the anatomy and stuff, or is it more like designing the clothes and her face and hair?

Some things I do when designing characters is reference their personality. In character design a lot of times (not all the time, so, you could do something different if you want to) a character's design and posture will give some hint of their personality. So, you said her feelings are mundane, and leads me to think of more neutral colors, and face that is either relaxed or bored looking, nothing too pop-y but instead muted and down-to-earth, would you think that would be an accurate description?

It's kinda hard to give ideas when I haven't seen what you've already tried with her design, the sketches would be really helpful like ketchup said ^^
of course, that's whenever you have the time to post them, no rush or anything, this is your project and you can take all the time you need <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom