• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
What I would really love is if they remade OoT and MM beta. We already have OoT and MM on the N64, GC and Wii so why do we need another one? I would love it if they totally remade the games because I mean, what's the harm? If I don't like it then I can go take out my collector's edition or download it on my Wii. I don't need a third one. I'd like to see what OoT and MM were like in the beta stages before they got rid of certain elements. OoT had another temple or two and many different things than the actual version and I'd like to see what they were like. Wasn't MM originally supposed to have a seven day system? (BTW if they had this, I'd like an extra song that could pass a day or two instead of 12 hours.) I also heard it had extra dungeons and sidequests such as a fishing minigame that was taken out. Also, wasn't the Fierce Deity Mask a wearable mask outside of boss battles? That would be incredible. If we already have a bunch of ports of the same game, why not give us something fresh and totally different? :D

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I would like it at the end of OoT it would continue into the MM storyline. I would NOT like it if it integrated them together. That's just weird. And boarderline ruining my childhood. xD But If they remade MM for 3DS I would love it. If its on the OOT card or not. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. Period.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Well the fans wanted a remake of OoT so they are getting it but you see it through nintendo's fan service and if we really want a MM remake we're going to get it

I would love to see a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS. Not only was the game one of the best at the time, but it also was short, and awesome. I think if they made a remake, they would make the game a little bit longer while the graphics are all in 3D. I don't quite think it would be quite as good as OOT 3DS, but I do think it will be right up there as one of the best 3D games ever.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Well the fans wanted a remake of OoT so they are getting it but you see it through nintendo's fan service and if we really want a MM remake we're going to get it

This isn't nessecarilly true. We only have OoT being remade because it was loved by everyone. Even gamers who aren't token "Zelda fans." Majora's Mask was, let's admit it, hated by some Zelda fans. So as much as I would like them to do it, the probably won't.

G

Glorian

I would love to have MM remade for the 3DS. That would be awesome. But I don't just want a port of the game. I want them to actually add things to make it better. More dungeons would be awesome. Probably not dungeons you have to do but optional dungeons.
That sounds sweet! I'd love for them to do that, but I can't really see that happening.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
NO NO NO. I do not want another remake. I want them to ficus on new games, not remaking the old games. That would be a waste of Nintendo's time, and maybe ours too.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think it would be a good idea. MM is just as good as OoT, so it deserves a remake. The question is whether there would be enough interest in it from gamers to justify the port. MM wasn't as popular as OoT, which is why it usually isn't ported with the same care and detail as OoT.

There have been no good adaptations of MM... all of them are buggy aside from the N64 original. So it's long overdue.

Kybyrian

I honestly don't think that we'll be seeing a remake of Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask is probably the second most-liked game among the Zelda series, but I don't believe they will remake it. They are releasing Ocarina of Time for the 3DS simply because it is known as the greatest game ever to many places; and most certain it is known as the greatest Zelda game ever. There are a lot of people that would like a remake, but there are a lot more people that want a new game. They're going to go with the people that want the new game, because they already know that the new game will sell better. I personally want a new game rather than a remake. I love the idea that they are remaking Ocarina of Time simply because I am one of the many that view Ocarina of Time as so great. Majora's Mask I don't quite care about as much, and I believe that a new game is a priority over a remake of that game. It's just the way things work.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's a great idea, but unfortunately, I think it unlikely for Nintendo to make that decision. They have enough on their plate with the 3DS as it is, letting alone remaking one of the most beloved games of all time. If they spread out their attention, they may not necessarily make the best decisions for OoT 3DS, which would upset a lot of die-hard fans of the game. I think Nintendo is going to take their usual "play it safe" route.
If there were an extra feature so monumental that it would be an entire game, I think they would have mentioned it by now. I know Nintendo can be very discreet about things, but I don't think they are that secretive. They would inform the media if they were making both a 3DS OoT and MM remake.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I know I differ from alot of people on here but I don't want a MM on the 3DS. For me, MM has very little replay value. The first time played it I thought it was cool. The more I play it though, the more I get bored with it. OoT is different for me because I have replayed countless times since I first got it. I think with the 3DS they are going to add a lot of extra features to OoT 3D, but I can't see them adding to much to MM to make it that much better. Even with a extra dungeon or two, I can still see myself getting bored with it's drug out story line.

I personally would rather see them remake ALttP for the 3DS. It would be sweet to see that game with 3D graphics since it was last a 2D game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom