• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Remake on the 3DS?

Sorry about it saying Spoilers I had to pick a prefix and 3DS is not on there. I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on the forums within a thread, but I haven't seen a thread about exactly this topic, but if there is, sorry. We all know that Nintendo is remaking Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, which I think is a good idea. It will bring new players into the series and bringing old players back. But after Ocarina of Time 3DS is finished, do you think Nintendo will remake Majoras Mask also? I say yes if OoT 3DS is a success. If they make a remake of Majoras Mask, they could maybe fix what it lacked. Majoras Mask was better than OoT in many ways, but it still lacked much of what OoT had.
1.One think MM lacked was length. Sure, it had many sidequests to make up for that, but it still seemed shorter than OoT. I don't think they should add anymore main dungeons as it might ruin the story, but maybe they could add more mini-dungeons.
2. The masks were a great aspect of the game and revolved around it, but there were many you only used once or not at all! I think Nintendo could add more side quests dealing with these masks not interfering with the past story but just to make up for the lack of use.
These are 2 improvements that could be made if Nintendo decides to make a remake. What else do you think they could add/change?

Well, there is a populer rumor saying that OoT3D also has MM. It is an integreated game with both OoT and MM as a single game. Like, you go north of the lostwoods to go to castle town then you are sent south of lostwoods to clock town. This is a populer theory but it has no proof.
Do you mean like a 2 part game? Like right after you beat OoT the story continues to MM? Or OoT and MM on the same game card or whatever its called? That would be cool!

Well, I don't think that would happen because it would ruin the original story. Because in the original story, Link discovers Termina AFTER OoT. So I highly doubt Nintendo would do that.

Actualy, it is never proven if it was during OoT or after. So you can not exactly say that. But the story would get a little confusing. Unless they change it.
1. Actually, it is proven. Nintendo has confirmed it, and Link discovers Termina because he was looking for a friend, probably Navi, who left at the end of OoT.
2. Nintendo would NEVER change the story! That would hurt Nintendo bad.

I'm sure Nintendo has confirmed it and it is somewhere on the internet.
Another reason why it is after OoT. At the beginning Of MM, it says:

In the land of Hyrule, there
echoes a legend. A legend held
dearly by the Royal Family that
tells of a boy...

A boy who,
after battling evil and saving
Hyrule, crept away from the land
that had made him a legend...

Done with the battles he once
waged across time, he embarked
on a journey. A secret and
personal journey...

A journey in search of a
beloved and invaluable friend...

A friend with whom he parted
ways when he finally fulfilled his
heroic destiny and took his place
among legends...

So, doesn't the friend sound a lot like Navi? And it says he came here AFTER he destroyed the evil in Hyrule. So unless you want to disbelieve Nintendo, go ahead and keep saying otherwise.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Let me just say that if Link was looking for Navi in MM (which is the general concensus), it had to take place after OoT's alternate ending. That's because Navi never left until after Link was sent back in time by Zelda (what else could she be doing by just flying out the window?).

Also, I think it would be incredible if they remade MM. Updated graphics and sound are nice (but not required as the graphics and sound of the original are great still), perhaps microphone Ocarina controls (I'm thinking maybe we hold down a certain button and blow into the Mic to play a note? I dunno, maybe it'd just be best to use just buttons but who knows), certain things jumping out at you (duh, it'd be remade specifically for the 3DS and use it's abilities, of course there'd be 3D effects), maybe more sidequests (more masks? Yes please! More mask usage? Yes please! More awesome NPC's? YES PLEASE!), perhaps added optional dungeons, and maybe even added difficulty. That'd be sweet!

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Heheh, when I first heard there was going to be an OoT remake my initial reactions weren't "Yes! An OoT remake" but rather "Yes! If they're doing this than maybe they'll make a MM remake as well!". I think its highly likely that they'll make one. They'll already have the character models and some of the enemies ready so it just seems like a waste to me if they don't decide to finish it off. But I think the factor it depends on most is if the OoT remake sells well.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
Maybe they'll make this game as a two-in-one game. Like the OoT/Master Quest game for GC. Where you can select which one you want to play. It would be great to be able to play MM on a handheld finally!

L

legnase

I would love to have MM remade for the 3DS. That would be awesome. But I don't just want a port of the game. I want them to actually add things to make it better. More dungeons would be awesome. Probably not dungeons you have to do but optional dungeons.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I would love to have a Oot 3ds integrated with MM. It would nice if this happened because it would show the new zelda fans what the classics are and give them a chance to play them without trying to hunt down a N64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom