• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Majora's Mask: Link's Friend

Z

Zora X

It is more likely Navi than Saria. Because if he went back to the past he would know how to find her he wouldent get lost.

gabesawakening

Hi Fwiends!
I have beaten Ocarina of Time and do think he went looking for Navi the fairy. This itself drives me to the thought of Tattle in Majora's Mask. Maybe S.M. thought about Link having a fairy in all N64 games. I guess the fairy was for help in the games and to give you many options in what you do next. Sorry for getting side-tracked (OOPS). Overall my educated guess would be for Navi.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I used to think it was Navi but I think you're right about it being Saria. However, I'm not sure how he would manage to get lost on the way to her "usual spot" since he had been there as a child and knew the way. I think he only got lost after the attack from the skull kid and chased after him. Before that he most likely would have had a clear idea of where he was going.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I am fairly certain it's Navi. I read the manga too, and since it's the "official" manga for Majora's Mask, meaning it got the "thumbs up" from Nintendo, it's logical to assume that Link was searching for Navi.
Oh, I've never read the manga. Is it online anywhere? I'd love to read it, but I haven't the slightest idea where to find it

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I don't think he was looking for Saria.
If Link was looking for Saria, all he has to do is follow the sound of her ocarina. That's how you find her in the game. Fairy or no fairy, Link will always be able to find her.
I don't know for certain who it is, but I've always accepted without question that it was Navi. Just because of OoT's ending.

A

An Hero of Time

It's Navi.

You hear her flying jingle at the beginning of the game, shortly after the prologue.

T

TriLinx64

It's not Saria! Saria is a sage! And anyways, what reason would Saria have in the Eastern Forest? I think it's Navi, Link has a reason to look for her. And in the beginning it said it was a "Personal journey." Which means not Kokiri related.

Jedizora

:right:
I Think its navi. Although most of you didn't like navi, I am certain that link did. The manga, although not canon, can be safley said to be canon unless a newer fact is completely canon that contradictes this. In it, Link obviously likes navi(bonus story aside). And when were on the topic,Why does evryone hate navi?

I even used to think it was officially navi

anyway, saria doesn't makes so much sense or as much as if it was navi if you think it,

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I think it was Saria, think about it. Why would Link go to the Lost Woods to look for Navi, if I were him I would go check the great deku tree. Plus, in order to GET to Saria you have to make it through the lost woods, because she hangs out in the sacred forest meadow. It is very possible that Link took a wrong turn and ended up in termina. Why wouldn't it? Saria makes much more sense to me because of the reasons stated above. :fairy:

For those who say Navi because of the manga and because Nintendo says that it is :fairy: official :fairy: I find it smarter to not trust nintendo. Not trusting nintendo has saved me from a lot of crying. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom