• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Meter

L

LegendZelda

I have always supported the return of magic to the zelda series. The magic in Ocarina of Time was almost pointless so I would like to see some real spells. Hylians are supposed to be fairly decent with magic so lets see it in action.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have to disagree with the wand idea, or the return of wands. maybe as kid Link but as an adult? no thanks! although items with magical powers attached to them is a very appealing concept. i'd like to see something new like a magic amulet that you can actually see on Link that also has some magical properties. or the ring system!!! that would be awesome. The hover boots were another one of those magical mysteries although it never took any magic from your magic meter... hmmm. anyway i think im just tryin to say they could use magic as an excuse to throw in all sorts of extra stuff to do in the game. find spells, keep magic bar full, kill bad guys with magic fire. you know.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What I think nintendo is trying to do is be more organized with everything in Zelda games. Anything magic based in TP was always fueled by something else. Telaporting came from Oocco, moving statues came from the wand, light arrows came from Zelda. It seems to me they want Link to be more mechanical than mystical. I for one wouldn't mind if they left it out or brought it back. What I do mind is the powers that left with the meter. I really do miss my arrows. If an anemy makes me really mad , I don't want to just kshoot them. I wanna watch them burn. I figure, however, if I'm right, they'll have Link do something like dip his arrows in lantern oil and light them on fire. It's a theory anyway.

O

OptimistAlive

They could try to bring back the Adventure of Link way of raising the magic meter. And that was by obtaining magic potions hidden in the overworld. I think that was only implemented in AoL so it would be pretty unique. Then they could make new magic equipment like the crystals form OoT: Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind. And new kinds of magic arrows while still keeping the originals.

What I think nintendo is trying to do is be more organized with everything in Zelda games. Anything magic based in TP was always fueled by something else. Telaporting came from Oocco, moving statues came from the wand, light arrows came from Zelda. It seems to me they want Link to be more mechanical than mystical. I for one wouldn't mind if they left it out or brought it back. What I do mind is the powers that left with the meter. I really do miss my arrows. If an anemy makes me really mad , I don't want to just kshoot them. I wanna watch them burn. I figure, however, if I'm right, they'll have Link do something like dip his arrows in lantern oil and light them on fire. It's a theory anyway.

I like this.

The magic meter was cool and there were a few different things that worked and whatnot. I think having magical properties for different things works really well and makes things more complex. What I'm getting from different posts is more of a let's make LoZ into something that it's not. Magic is not a main part of Zelda, never has been and imo never should be. It's more of an additional thing that works. Practicality and realism (yeah, yeah) seems to be more of the approach they're taking, like the dipping the arrow in lantern to get the flaming arrows, the grunts always had flaming arrows so it could work like that.

T

The.PostMan-

Personally i would not like to see th magic meter back i was so happy when i found out it wasent in TP im re-playing OoT and i almost considered not even going up to see the fairy to get the magic its to complicated and just one more thing to worry about and i think Nintendo handled not having magic in TP beautifully with caracters such as Oocco that did stuff like that for you and come on wands!? staffs!? amulets!? tacky and either to easy or to hard. so im against the magic meter in general.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I'm for magic meter, I've always loved it. I don't think that it was a *big* loss in TP but I would have liked it. Din's Fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's love were great, I'd like to see them again.

I know that this is off topic but could someone PM me what's happened with this game? Pictures, rumours interviews etc. Don't want to ask to much, so don't go out of your way. I've just been away for a long time (had to miss the Spirit Tracks release!) and don't know a lot of what has happened with this game.

I liked the Magic they had. Especially the rods in ALttP. I never really cared for the cane of Byrna or Naryu's love. I never used that magic at all.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I though that there should have been magic in TP and the magic bar will drain when you wear the magic armour instead of wasting rupees.

I loved the magic in OOT and I hope that they return in Zeda Wii!

I personally never understood why people love the magic meter so much. I barely use magic in the Zelda games anyway.

If magic comes back, then it should have a purpose, like it did for the spells in AOL. I hope that Nintendo gives us things like spells for magic in the next Zelda game. If the magic meters going to be use for things like sword spins, Deku leafs, or items that you won't use much(fire, ice, light arrows)then I'd rather see it stay gone then.

CZG

Many people start arguments of how usefull they should be...
I totally loved the spells in OoT, although I never used them. I used Din's fire two or three times, just because you have to. I used the other to see what they were like once, but I never actually used them. At least, not for beating the game. There a tons of stuff I don't use in the Zelda games, but that's no reason to give Link only a sword and maybe a shield.

Still, I would like similar stuff to be in the Zelda game after the next. Din's Fire just looked cool. It's just cool to have it and to use it for fun. We could have done without the boomerang the first few games, we could even skip the use of potions, or at least after ALttP, when they because unnessesary, really, we could delete large portions of the whole games, if everything must be usefull. We could even get rid of the shield spellin AoL, because later in the game, you don't want to waste magic on that....?

Magic is fun, why not?
A magic meter is more attractive than MP, just like they have heartcontainers instead of HP in Zelda.

I personally never understood why people love the magic meter so much. I barely use magic in the Zelda games anyway.

If magic comes back, then it should have a purpose, like it did for the spells in AOL. I hope that Nintendo gives us things like spells for magic in the next Zelda game. If the magic meters going to be use for things like sword spins, Deku leafs, or items that you won't use much(fire, ice, light arrows)then I'd rather see it stay gone then.

I liked having the magic when I did the sword swing. I also had a good time floating around on the Deku Leaf. I would like to see that come back someday. But you are right. Useless magic (and items for that matter) should be kept out of the game. Instead they should focus on incorporating the items into the game better.

NES

Awesome
I hope they integrate magic into the game again. That was always a fun unique twist to the games and worked out quite well in terms of gameplay. I hope they use kind of a cross between the OoT magic and WW magic, so that there are both spells and items that use up your magic meter. I just hope that there is some sort of magic meter in the new game.

T

Triforce Hero

I would like to see the Magic Meter return in Zelda Wii. I would like to see what spells such as Din's Fire would look like in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom