• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Meter

Some actions and items may require stamina instead. For me the stamina is much cooler than magic. Since Link don't actually handles magic and need to do a lot of physical work. Magic is just a limitation for the use of items, so depending on the mechanic of the items it may be silly to have a bar. In WW for instance, the bar was of great importance due to the Leaf item which would be no fun if it was unlimited.

For me the most radical/magical item in SS probably is the beetle, but the flight distance limitation is much more convenient and unobtrusive than a magic meter for it (which wouldn't make much sense either).

K

kvdse

Do You Think There Should Be a Magic Meter in Skyward Sword???

do you think there should be a magic meter in skyward sword???

G

Goroff

yes i believe there should be......I especially want their to be cool spells that we could control with wii motion plus
however i dont think there will be because there hasnt been anything revealed that would need magic, or any screenshots of a magic metre

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, I really do think SS should have a magic meter. Through a magic meter we get a limitation and creativity at the same time. Also, the magic meter was until recently a core Zelda element. I loved having Fire, Ice, and Light arrows in OoT/MM/TWW. I liked Magic Armor sucking up your MAGIC in Wind Waker rather than rupees in Twilight Princess. The magic meter was a liability to some but to me, I think it was one of the best elements to the gameplay thus far. I know magic isn't really "realistic" which is what Skyward Sword is shaping up to be geared towards, but it could still find it's way in.

Like you said though, the game is pretty much complete and there hasn't been any word on a magic meter so I doubt it will make an appearance. If it somehow does, I will be gleeful!

I think including the magic meter in SS would be very realistic, as it would kinda give us an explanation as to why Link can use "magical items".

Oh, conversely, I wouldn't mind its absence from SS for reasons I'm not willing to reiterate, as I've done so too many times. /lazy

M

Mrwarfishy

not if theres a shield meter, i like the shield meter idea but the thing is they havent had a magic meter for this makes 4 games. they definitely need to bring the magic meter back in zelda wii u

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think including the magic meter in SS would be very realistic, as it would kinda give us an explanation as to why Link can use "magical items".

There doesn't appear to be magical items in the game besides highly technological items.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, Caelus remember that we only got a glimpse of what, the beginning of the game? Then again, I need to remember that Nintendo is aiming for item Quality rather than item Quantity so that's another factor in deciding if we'll get a Meter or not. Again, I'm not pulling for one, but having one won't hurt the game at all.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Probably will be special sword play and shield play abilities in SS but magic? Meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom