• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Magic Armour = Rip Off

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I was watching videos on YouTube on the magic armour and I seen all the rupees you need to donate so malo can open his shop in clock town but when people got the magic armour and wear it it basically takes your money what the point with that.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
That armor makes you invurnerable, so you can't die (in a fight) while wearing it. But because you need rupees for it you can only use it for a limited time (if you've got no rupees it becomes really heavy). Otherwise the game was to easy if you were wearing those things

I do not think Magic Armor is worth using, but I think it is worth getting for the brag rights. Also, it is spelled "Armor" and it is in Castle Town, not Clock Town. Clock Town is only in Majora's Mask.
There is more than one correct spelling for armo(u)r. It is more than likely spelled armour in the european version.

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
Eh, I used it with an infinte rupee hack to become invincible. But remember, take it off before you save. Otherwise when you next turn on the game without homebrew you suddenly start losing rupees.:3

And Incubus, spelling correction fail. "Armour" is the English spelling, American English tends to remove the U's from words.

The Magic Armor wasn't a rip-off in my opinion. Sure it costs 598 rupees, and steals your Rupees every second you have it equipped, but the Magic Armor gave a good use for Rupees. The 3D Zelda games had an over abundance of Rupees, and Twilight Princess is no exception to that. Rupees were hardly used, as you could find perishables by defeating enemies and cutting grass.

Other than the Magic Armor, Rupees are only used to get bombs, one Piece of Heart, fix a bridge, and get Malo Mart in Castle Town. Even after all of that, you'll still get plenty of Rupees as you traverse the other several dungeons. Not to mention, if you want to 100% the game, you have to find all the Golden Bugs and give them to Agitha, which means even more useless Rupees.

At least with the Magic Armor, you were able to put Rupees to good use. Not to mention, that if you need to empty your wallet a bit to get a Rupee in a chest, you could always just equip it for some time until the Rupee you want will fit into your wallet.

As Pocket Asian said, there is an abundance of rupees all over Hyrule, more than enough to donating 3000 rupees then paying 598 easy enough. The only annoyance about donating the rupees is that you have to donate the 3000 to get the Malo Mart open in the Castle Market. It's a pain and takes a while to do so. I find that it makes it seem less tedious if I go there before dungeon, or in Lakebed Temple's case, just before I enter the Twilight. Then once I'm out of the Dungeon's I go put what I gained from inside into the donation box. It's easy enough considering that you usually fill you wallet from all of the chests and enemies in each temple.

I only go there when I am doing a 100% run though, as outside of the 100% run, there really isn't a good use for the Tunic in Twilight Princess. You don't even need it on a 3-heart run, and by the time you have gained it, you most likely have completed most of the game without it to. So really, yes, it is a rip-off, as you pay an extortionate amount so that you can acquire the item, and when you do, there is practically no use for it in the game.

And to add insult to injury, it doesn't even look that great either...

I wouldn't say that its much of a rip off. If you take into consideration of the massive amount of rupee locations in the game, it will come close to paying itself off if you get them all. It's one of those items that takes a lot of effort to get, but once you get it, it will be worth it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Personally, I've found it useful. My last full-playthrough of the game, I took on the Cave of Ordeals. I found it very useful there. I got my wallet full (the final wallet, after you give Agitha all her bugs), went in, and during short periods of facing very dangerous/impossible enemies (such as the Darknuts in the lower levels of the Cave), I'd put it on. It kept me from dying and allowed me to conserve my poitions. I would use it only for short periods - once I got things mostly killed, I'd switch back to the regular tunic and gather any dropped rupees from my enemies. Staggering use of the Magic Armor like this allowed me to get through the CoO when I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I also found the Magic Armor useful for comedy. I read somewhere about how if you have it equipped while riding Epona and you run out of money, Link goes flying to the ground. I tried it when I was low on rupees and, indeed, it does happen - comedy gold!

Kybyrian

I found the game pretty easy, so the Magic Armor really had no use to me. I'm sure there were some people who found it funny to mess around with it every now and then, though. It's not really useful at all through the game in my opinion. 3598 rupees is a lot. 3000 just to get the access to the armor, and 598 to actually buy it. Not to mention it takes rupees to even wear it. I'm sure you could put use to it, but the thing about it is that it is acquired so late in the game that you hardly even need it because you have so many hearts, and the game really isn't challenging enough for most people to want to use it. In my opinion, it really was a rip-off. It cost too much and didn't even have much use for a fairly good gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom