• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Magatha's Art

Magatha

Magatha
Ships!

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a while... (In my defense, I was busy graduating high school an stuff.)

Sooo, Gobli once asked for artwork for his Dark Voyage story. Because I love drawing sea monsters but had no idea how to draw a ship, this was the end result:

Having failed, I vowed to spend some time learning to draw ships this summer. Luckily for me, I got to sail on one for a week: The Windjammer Angelique.
I also drew the Lewis R French, another windjammer so old it has been declare a historic landmark. How a BOAT can be a LANDmark, I have no idea...

And just for fun, I doodled the complete set of 40 signal flags.

I will have more stuff soon. Thanks for being awesome, guys!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I love the ships, Maggie. Good job. After peeps failed to deliver me a pic for the cover of the story, and you getting busy, I had to rely on myself and drew the pic myself. It looks good on paper, but once I uploaded to the pc and used photoshop to paint it, lol, it looked crappy. I just couldn't get all the details when I painted it because I was in a rush to have the book finished for my niece, who was bugging me to have it ready. :lol:

You stay cool and awesome forever, too, Mag. And keep the good art coming. ;)

Fig

The Altruist
You really have a unique art style Magatha! Your art style kind of reminds me of the way that I used to draw back when I was younger! It really is nice that you are continuing to make such beautiful art! Keep up the great and amazing work!

Read "ships" and had a totally different idea in mind when clicking those spoiler tags. Nice ships, though. I've always enjoyed drawing sailboats. d: You said you're majoring in art, right? Curious to see what you'll make. Molybdenum took the 3d art course there, it's very unique; you get to work with iron and FIYAH and shizzle. Totally want to see some of that from you. IRON DRAGON not the rollercoaster though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom