• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Game Queue

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

How this works
As we typically only have enough interest for small games we will be primarily running games from the small queue, one at a time for now on. If enough people sign up for a small game the mod will have the option to turn their game into a large game instead. Since we won't be following the large queue anymore if you do get enough people signed up for your game and you don't have a large game ready OR if you've hosted a large game recently I ask that you consider passing it off to someone who hasn't hosted a large game before OR someone who hasn't hosted a large game in a very long time. If you do pass off your game, you will not lose your place in line and will be able to host your small game as soon as the large one is over. While there won't be an official order to the large games I'd still like to give everyone the chance to host one and I think this is the best way to do it for now on. Also note this way of running games is experimental and subject to change depending on how it does.

Oct 2021 edit:

Changes to the way the queue works:

From now on in addition to signing up for a spot in the queue in this thread you'll also need to post when your game is ready to host. Your game is considered ready to host as long as you expect to be able to post signups within a few days notice and start the game within a day of signups being filled.

Shortly after a game starts, We'll ask the player at the top of the queue who is also ready to host whether or not they're still willing/able to run their game after the current one ends. If they aren't, we'll go to the next player until someone is both ready and willing to host. They'll be asked to put their game into signups as soon as they are able to.

Games which are on the queue and ready to host are listed in green.
The game which is scheduled to run next will be listed in yellow.

If there is any confusion about how this new system works, feel free to ask.

Small Games
Official Queue
Kirino
- [Berserk]
Spiritual Mask Salesman (funnier) - [Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Mafia]
Dark Boo - [The San Andreas Mafia]
Johnny Sooshi - [Risk of Rain Mafia]
DekuNut - [Sonic the Hedgehog - Hedgehog Havock]
Bok (funnier)- [Fantasy Mafia 2]
Stitch - [Three Stooges Mafia]
Pen - [Anime Mafia 3]
TL the Legend - [TL's Totally Original Mafia]
Libk - Untitled Mafia
Fext - a game
Mikey - Bug Fables Mafia: Into the Bugiverse
Rag - MS Paint Mafia: U-Pick Edition
Dawning Winds - DW's Very Creatively Mafia 2: The Sequel Nobody Asked For

As was stated above, we'll run one game at a time from this queue. Once a game is complete the next person in line may start their signups. If you would like to have your game put on hold you can message me or post in the thread and I can do that for you. Once you're ready to host your game I can add you back to your spot in line. Small games typically have 13 or less players while large games have 14 or more but these are just soft guidelines.

If you wish to sign up for a small game, please post in the thread that you would like to. State your theme and co-mod if you have one and you'll be added next time I update the queue. For ideas of micro setups follow this link here. For ideas of mini setups follow this link here.

Games on hold

Poyzin - [Econimafia]
Rubik - [untitled game]
Mellow Ezlo - Trivia Mafia: Music Edition

Large Games
While we won't be hosting many large games in the future, I'll still keep the old queue here to give us an idea of who should be the next one to host a large game.

Official Queue
Storm - Gangs of New Hyrule
LittleGumball/Johnny Sooshi - THEBESTMAFIA or whatever II
Linkdude74/DekuNut - Magic: The Gathering II
Ver-go-a-go-go - Star Trek
Mellow Ezlo - Canadian Mafia
Dekunut - Death Note Mafia: Volume 2
Bok Chan Sama - Attack on Titan
YIGAhim - Survivor Season 2
Namira - Majora's Mask Pt. 2
Pendio - Anime Mafia 2
funnier6 - ZD Mafia History: Battle of the Five Funniers (18 players)
Zinger2099 - Spiderman 4 Mafia

Ideas for large setups can be found here. While we won't be using this queue much you can still post below if you'd like to be added to the queue. This will give people an idea as to who else is interested in hosting a large game. Also if your large setup is ready please post below/message me with how many players it requires. I'll add that part next to your name which will give us an idea how many players we need to host your game. If you do host a large game I'll take your name off the queue and you will have to sign up again to get back on it. To summarize how large games will work.

1. Post signups for your small game when it's your turn. If you have a large game ready state in the thread "if X people sign up this will turn into a large game."
2. If sign ups fill up fast you can leave your sign ups open for a few more days to try to get enough people for a large game.
3. If you do get enough people for a large game signed up run your large game instead.
4. If you've hosted a large game recently or do not have a large setup ready but have a large amount of people sign up for your game please consider passing it off to someone closer to the top of the queue or someone who has never run a large game before.
5. If you do pass your game off, you will still be next in line to host your small game once the large game ends.

If someone does host multiple large games in a row and refuses to pass it on to someone else who hasn't hosted one before/recently I will consider banning them from hosting games in the future (small or large).

Other Things
Moderator Blacklist
None

Player Blacklist
None

The moderator and player blacklist will be for players who are temporarily/permanently not allowed to host/sign up for games respectively. Reasons for being blacklisted as a mod are unannounced bastard games, hostility towards players, inactive modding, general laziness and other offenses that are deemed inappropriate. Reasons for being blacklisted as a player include talking/posting information outside of the game thread, repeatedly breaking rules set by the games mod (talking at night, dead posting), or generally being hostile/unpleasant to play with. While mafia games can get quite heated and the occasional outburst will be overlooked, repeatedly being hostile may result in a ban and personal attacks will not be tolerated at all.

If anyone has any suggestions for the queue or think I missed anything feel free to reach out to me by pm here or on discord.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to mod a game at some point in the future. Sounds like it'll be a while off so I can just chill out for a while until then. =P

Axle the Beast [Metroid - partially-open-partially-hidden setup, role madness, no-claiming]

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'd like to mod a game at some point in the future. Sounds like it'll be a while off so I can just chill out for a while until then. =P

Axle the Beast [Metroid - partially-open-partially-hidden setup, role madness, no-claiming]
Someone is going to murder you for that last bit. Probably Moe.

Someone is going to murder you for that last bit. Probably Moe.
:dealwithit:

All I have to say in response is try it sometime. =P I've seen claims in games be fun but I've also watched people over-rely on them and run the game into the ground, depending on game balance and setup either making it too easy for the town to lose because they over-rely on wild claim analysis, or too easy for them to win because they can easily trap Mafia with ironclad claims.

Seriously. Just try playing Mafia for one game where all you do is analyze behavior. It's amazing. ;)

:gletsgo:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I personally agree. But a bunch of experienced players from other sites have been popping on lately and complaining about our claim rules

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll confirm that. I claimed it during his last ban because I was afraid he wouldn't be coming back to host. But he is back, so you may as well give it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom