• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm not a jester and would like to live >_>
If I just reiterate my role over and over, it stagnates discussion and I'll be dead. I'm trying to figure out why you hit Darth Sion when you tried to kill me. Redirector is all I can think of.

The likelihood of two bulletproofs in one game is almost none. Save it for the cutting block.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Nope, there isn't one. All Jedi characters can get a Power that allows them to deflect blaster fire with their bare hands, though this ability is open to anyone. There's no character that screams bulletproof to me.

It doesn't matter, I have this whole game figured out. It'll be done by tomorrow at dusk (in game)

I ask that these two members do as I say

DOCTOR - Heal me. I need to be alive to see this game through
TOWN ROLEBLOCKER - Block Girl with a Fairy. I can't have her attempting to stop me.

If everything goes right, this game is ours, gentlemen.

Totally flattered that you think Im Sith with powers. But sorry dude, youre wrong about me. I havent even been around long enough for you to make any judgement about me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The likelihood of two bulletproofs in one game is almost none. Save it for the cutting block.

Two bulletproofs on the same team, I agree, would not occur. Two bulletproofs in the same game however, isn't unlikely. Godfather is mafia bulletproof, and town clearly have their own.

Darth Sion was Darth Traya (Kreia in KOTOR2 for most of the game)'s Jedi Padawan before going off to fight against the Jedi in the Jedi civil war (I think)

He was killed, but using the Dark Side of the Force, he was able to sustain his spirit in his body, and it is kept together in his gray body via the force.

So that's that. He's the Godfather (which explains his immunity)

As for your first post saying I am Darth Sion, I don't think Sion would be Godfather. Treya would. It doesn't make sense for the mafia not to have a bulletproof godfather (comes with the territory, never heard of a non-bulletproof Godfather) and on top of that, another Mafia bulletproof role (Sion). It's OP.

Why is Sion still living then if he's not Godfather? I don't know. Maybe he's one-shot immune, or something. I don't know because I'm not Austin.
But like I said, you hit Sion it seems, but since I am not Sion, I'm assuming another role was at play.

For this game, I think none of the mafia are the godfather, but each Sith possesses a unique trait.
It seems to me you're trying to fit this game into your way of thinking. Even with the death of a Sith, nothing shows that this is true.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Meh. At this point I'm undecided. Viral poses a good argument and backs that up with good reasoning. But the only problem I have believing it is that when Zenox targeted him, the kill supposedly went to someone else; yet he claims to be a bulletproof Jedi, not a redirector. If a bulletproof player is targeted, do they also have the ability to redirect the ricocheted "bullet" into another person? Or are they simply not affected by the attempted kill?

On the other hand, Zenox is displaying much overconfidence, as if he is trying to pull off an insta-lynch regardless of what's being said. It's almost identical to the stratagem that ALIT used on Day 1 to lynch PokaLink. In that I think there's a good chance he might be scum, but he did help us uncover ALIT as a suspect Yesterday. Still, to reiterate myself, that move could be a ruse. For all we know, Zenox could be the Godfather, and he's employing his KOTOR knowledge to cover himself up. Very perplexing scenario...

Still going to stay on Viral, though, because we can always go for Zenox tomorrow if need be. I believe there are enough actives to accomplish that possibility.

Two bulletproofs on the same team, I agree, would not occur. Two bulletproofs in the same game however, isn't unlikely. Godfather is mafia bulletproof, and town clearly have their own.

You're implying that Austin A) Made the Godfather bulletproof, and :cool: has a godfather at all. With Nihilus not being the godfather, I have only one other person to believe is the godfather, and I'm not certain they're godfather either. I know you're not godfather. I know you're Darth Sion. I know you're bulletproof. There's no way Austin would put two bulletproofs on the same team. Though I doubt Austin would have a bulletproof-less godfather, which in addition to the fact that the person performing the sith kill changes each day, the fact that you're the bulletproof of your team makes me question whether or not a godfather is even in this game.

Wasn't there a mafia on ZD with no godfather before? I know I wasn't a part of it. I remember hearing about it.

This thread makes my head hurt. And I don't like my head hurting.

I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for the moment. Unlike ALiT, Viral is providing a decent argument that can actually make sense. Putting that with my lesser faith in Zenox atm, I'll wait and see how this plays out.

Lemme read through these pages again for a sec bros.

Meh. At this point I'm undecided. Viral poses a good argument and backs that up with good reasoning. But the only problem I have believing it is that when Zenox targeted him, the kill supposedly went to someone else; yet he claims to be a bulletproof Jedi, not a redirector. If a bulletproof player is targeted, do they also have the ability to redirect the ricocheted "bullet" into another person? Or are they simply not affected by the attempted kill?

They simply aren't affected by the kill.

There's no way in hell Austin has a redirector, of that I am sure.

Viral, if you're so keen on this redirector idea, why don't you show us a few ideas of who that redirector could possibly be?

I'll even give you the link to get you started.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Hey guys, I'm finally back. I was not able to post in the previous day, due to time zone differences of being in Beijing.

Now, I find a bit of trouble with this. Viral Maze voted for ALIT to be lynched yesterday. Fellow mafia members don't tend to do that.

We do know a couple things for sure:
-An HK unit, either HK-47 (who Zenox almost directly claims to be) or HK-50 (probably the serial killer role) targeted Darth Sion, who Zenox says Viral Maze is.
-Darth Nihilus (ALIT) made the first Mafia night kill, as the life or the Force was sucked out of Kybyrian. For those who don't know, Darth Nihilus had the ability to suck the Force out of entire planets, due to his immense hunger for the Force, so he could do such a thing with Kybyrian (which he did).
-Darth Traya killed Xinny last night, because, as Zenox already pointed out, three levitating lightsabers were used.

Now, I don't know why Viral would vote to lynch a fellow Mafia member, were he actually a Sith. Here's what I want to conclude from last night:

-Zenox targeted Viral, but he was a bulletproof townie, and the attack did nothing.
-HK-50, the serial killer, targeted Darth Sion, but the attack failed, as Sion is naturally nightkill immune.
-Darth Traya killed Xinny, as we all know. We just don't know who Traya is.

The only problem with this conclusion is that Viral has made 2 claims; first that he was bulletproof, and second that he was a redirector. These two claims don't match up. So, I could also conclude this:

-Zenox targeted Viral, who was a redirector Sith, and redirected the attack to whoever Darth Sion was, knowing that nothing would happen, and Viral would seem innocent.
-Zenox wound up attacking Sion, who obviously was immune, and the attack did nothing.
-Darth Traya suceeded at killing Xinny, and the Mafia nightkill was not interrupted.

The problem is, I don't know if redirector Mafia members can redirect onto their own members.

Also, this makes sense to me:

Zenox said:
For this game, I think none of the mafia are the godfather, but each Sith possesses a unique trait.

In KOTOR 2, there doesn't really seem to be any true master. The trio of Sith Lords- Nihilus, Traya, and Sion- seem to be equals. However, Traya did bring the other two together, and Traya is the leader of her own Sith Academy, meaning that she could be the godfather.

However, we do know that Sion is NK immune...

Could all three Sith Lords be NK immune? That would make sense to me, as they would all be powerful enough...

I don't know. But we definitely know Sion is NK immune, and ALIT as Nihilus was either immune, or Zenox was roleblocked.

So, I still need a bit more evidence before I can vote for Viral. I'm leaning towards lynching him, as he has made a role claim contradiction/slip-up, but he did also vote to lynch a Mafia member... I need a bit more proof.

Without having to quote 3 pages of posts because I'm extremely lazy, I'll just reference them.

Zenox: I'm beginning to trust you less and less. Not sure why. I really trusted you at the beginning of the game, but now that I think about it more, you have the perfect setup for a Godfather or other powerful role. Your the only one (it seems, besides Viral) that has extreme knowledge of this game. Most people don't seem to play it (including me, probably cause it's an awful game), so in a sense you could make up whatever you wanted to. You have given us wiki pages on the subject, but I still don't think that means a lot in the long run.

I just think you're extremely arrogant at this point in the game, and you're becoming almost as bad as I am. Which isn't good. You're brash and you think you have this entire game figured out on Day 3, when in fact you've been consistently wrong time after time, and most of what you've achieved so far has been based on pure luck.

You could be the godfather, you have vast knowledge, a forceful posting nature, and I'm sure everyone thinks you're town by now.

Viral: I don't fully believe the Bulletproof Townie, and at the same time I don't fully dismiss it. I don't think he was saying he was the redirector (maybe I read it wrong though), but that someone else was redirecting it. It could happen, if Zenox is a Vigilante I'm sure some mafia person would love to redirect his attack to somewhere useless, like the Godfather or SK (if they knew who it was).

I don't think it's completely unreasonable that two or more mafia players are bulletproof. The Godfather for sure (just because that seems standard playing rules), and I don't think it would be wrong to have some strongman or other role that must by lynched. If Austin did make it that way, I'm sure he would probably make up for it and give the town an extra power role.

Keeseman: Just because Viral voted for ALiT doesn't really mean anything. ALiT appeared to be a useless Sith, one there to just take up space. If the mafia ever wanted to get rid of someone to deflect the suspicion, he would be the right one to kill off.

The End.

I'm probably forgetting ****, but eh.

I'm sure a lot of **** has happened in the last 45 minutes or so. I had to take the annoying journey from my mom's house (Salt Lake City) to my dad's (Provo-ish)

I am preparing you all for a treat from me. No need to thank me, and no, your birthday isn't even close.

Just get ready. It might take a bit.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
But the only problem I have believing it is that when Zenox targeted him, the kill supposedly went to someone else; yet he claims to be a bulletproof Jedi, not a redirector. If a bulletproof player is targeted, do they also have the ability to redirect the ricocheted "bullet" into another person? Or are they simply not affected by the attempted kill?

My ability doesn't include a ricochet at all. The redirector role allows the player to choose two other players and have night actions between them switch.
Redirector - MafiaWiki
So assuming the redirector is town, it seems like someone thought I was important enough to defend from a nightkill while the doc focused on keeping Zenox alive.

The only problem with this conclusion is that Viral has made 2 claims; first that he was bulletproof, and second that he was a redirector.

Nowhere did I say I was a redirector. I've made it explicitly clear I am town bulletproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom