• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest are in Austin (and I's) close group of Skype friends, and most, if not all, are somewhat exceptional at Mafia.

Aww, I feel so loved.

Josh I'm sorry for my comments :( I felt it a good way to get stuff started. I mean no offense by them. My notes accurately summarize everything I feel about this. It's nothing exceptional, just noteworthy.

And now I feel completely predictable :(

I don't like being yelled at :(

And here are the notes I compiled of the nightscene. During the note taking process is when I realized ALIT was the serial killer. I'll quote what I'm talking about directly from the nightscene as I talk about it.

The way you ordered this paragraph and worded it makes it seem you realized that ALiT was serial killer, rather than finding it out during the night. The first time I read through this I could've sworn you figured it out during the night, maybe I was wrong.

How are you so sure that AliT is nightkill immune, and that you weren't just roleblocked? Why put it one way or the other? The way I read the night scene, it seems like AliT was taking orders from someone, rather than pursuing the target for his own needs. Serial Killers don't take orders from others.

Kazumi

chagy
This scene is a conversation between me and ALIT. ALIT is obviously an HK droid by the speech patterns alone. For reference, I speak first, then ALIT. ALIT is the one stating that I am safe only at the present time. This is implying that he is nightkill immune and not me. (Being the Vigilante rather than another nightkilling role) This is what confirmed in my mind that he was HK-50. I have reason to believe he is not HK-47 (hopefully it's painfully obvious) and the main reason is that HK-50 attempted to kill the player at the beginning of KOTOR2, but wasn't an ally of the Sith (who judging also by the nightscene, are the obvious Mafia)

Everything made a lot of sense to me up until this bit, Zenox. In first reading the nightscene I assumed that the person who was going out for the kill was the one who had the lasers pointed at him. He was then the one who was bemused, too which the laser person replied that he didn't have the orders to take them out that night. The initial person was then surprised at this because it suspected to die.

By the way, I say it because to me it seems that the encounter is taking place between droids, what with the language used. The nightscene in general is pretty confusing, but I can't see how it would be Zenox talking first if ALIT was supposed to be the serial killer out to make a kill in the first paragraph.

How are you so sure that AliT is nightkill immune, and that you weren't just roleblocked? Why put it one way or the other? The way I read the night scene, it seems like AliT was taking orders from someone, rather than pursuing the target for his own needs. Serial Killers don't take orders from others.

It's the way the nightscene is worded. It sounded more like ALiT himself stopped me, and based on the fact that he's a confirmed HK droid, there's no way he's the roleblocker. He's basically confirmed nightkill immune to me. The comment Austin made for his character

"Zenox - Inquiry: Are you saying that you don't intend to deactivate me at this present time?
ALIT - Threatening Answer: That is correct, key word being, at this present time."

The fact that it was a Threat, and that "at this present time" to me sounds like he has the ability to kill as well. Considering I am the only (standard) killing role not nightkill immune, this screams Serial Killer to me. (It's pretty obvious Darth whateverhisnameis killed Wyatt)

"ALIT - Bemused Retort: If we had orders to take you out, you'd be scrap before you could realize."

This to me implies that ALIT didn't send in a nightkill, which I guess in the canon of this game translates to the droid recieved no orders or something. This is just speculation (at least this last quote)

Everything made a lot of sense to me up until this bit, Zenox. In first reading the nightscene I assumed that the person who was going out for the kill was the one who had the lasers pointed at him. He was then the one who was bemused, too which the laser person replied that he didn't have the orders to take them out that night. The initial person was then surprised at this because it suspected to die.

By the way, I say it because to me it seems that the encounter is taking place between droids, what with the language used. The nightscene in general is pretty confusing, but I can't see how it would be Zenox talking first if ALIT was supposed to be the serial killer out to make a kill in the first paragraph.

Seeing as I was the one that sent in the kill, I don't see how it can be possible that he spoke first. Although both eventually had a laser pointed at them. Are you referring to the first or second? From the way it was described, it seems as though HK-50 approached me, then I began speaking, asking if he intends to deactivate me. (Another thing that confirms this is that ALIT is one of two HK droids that matter in KOTOR2, and the only way I can see it being reversed from how I percieved it is if ALIT was the bulletproof townie, and that makes no sense being that he's HK-50.)

inb4 could be HK-47. I cannot elaborate on this.

Honestly the only way I can really confirm that he's the serial killer is if I were to Character claim, which I cannot do. I'm just trusting you'll put all the pieces together and make that decision yourself.

EBWODP: I meant to say, the way it was worded, it seemed like I was preparing to aim at HK-50 (ALIT) then he aimed back at me, then I began the discussion. Just clarification. Honestly I don't see what's not to get.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin

What Zenox is saying is that he was out to kill ALIT, he assumes ALIT was a bulletproof SK by the wording of the night scene and thus his kill failed.

What has me snagged is the fact that his target referred to itself as "we" of "I", and the fact that there was no third nightkill attempt. This makes me question if there even IS a SK in the game. As for the "we" vs "I" part, I don't even know right now. Like Josh already pointed out, that doesn't sound like something a SK does. HOWEVER, and I may be totally off because I know crap nothing about star wars lore, but since all the roles are being renamed anyways, maybe the SK is actually an organization in this game using a single assassin to carry out its goals?

GDI Austin why you gotta make the night scenes so weird :< (jk I love it, makes things fun)

Kazumi

chagy
The fact that it was a Threat, and that "at this present time" to me sounds like he has the ability to kill as well. Considering I am the only (standard) killing role not nightkill immune, this screams Serial Killer to me. (It's pretty obvious Darth whateverhisnameis killed Wyatt)

"ALIT - Bemused Retort: If we had orders to take you out, you'd be scrap before you could realize."

I understand what you mean now, and I can see how ALIT would have spoken first. However, what I question now is if he was the Serial Killer, why would he refer to himself as "we" and have "orders". Last I checked Serial Killer is a completely independent role. It's definitely possible that the third party has more than one person, but I don't see it incredibly likely that they work together. It's also difficult to say whether or not ALIT would be a part of the Sith just based off of this quote. I just have a hard time with him being the SK.

Seeing as I was the one that sent in the kill, I don't see how it can be possible that he spoke first. Although both eventually had a laser pointed at them. Are you referring to the first or second? From the way it was described, it seems as though HK-50 approached me, then I began speaking, asking if he intends to deactivate me. (Another thing that confirms this is that ALIT is one of two HK droids that matter in KOTOR2, and the only way I can see it being reversed from how I percieved it is if ALIT was the bulletproof townie, and that makes no sense being that he's HK-50.)

I understand what you meant now, assuming you did target ALIT. Which for the record, I definitely believe you did.

What has me snagged is the fact that his target referred to itself as "we" of "I"

I'll clarify, in KOTOR2, the Exchange has a bounty on Jedi. A group of HK-50 droids are after the bounty and attempt to kill the player on a few occassions. They travel in a group of three or less, and there are actually a number of them in the game. This is assuming that Austin, in this case, has ALIT's role a a group of HK droids. I didn't target more than one person, so that's the only explanation.

EBWODP: Xindi this also clarifies why they have "orders"

This to me implies that ALIT didn't send in a nightkill, which I guess in the canon of this game translates to the droid recieved no orders or something. This is just speculation (at least this last quote)

This is speculation, though. I guess your guess is as good as mine as to why he has orders. I can confirm that he is for sure HK-50. This character is certainly anti-town.

Also anyone else find it strange ALIT is online right now but hasn't posted?

EBWODP: my EBWODP was broken by ALIT posting, which ruined my concerns as to why he isn't posting.

EBWODP: dammit ALIT stop posting I'm EBWODP'ing and that's not how EBWODP'ing works.

inb4 60 second rule ****s me up again.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A LINK IN TIME IS HK-50, THE SERIAL KILLER

I don't know about this. The beginning of the game suggests that someone else, other than ALIT, targeted Kybyrian during the Night phase. Whether they are Vigilante or Serial Killer, I have no idea.

However...

Under a high stress situation, peoples' logic break down as they revert to basic nature. I see your spelling and grammar errors as an indication of your uneasiness; at the very least you're not providing a compelling argument, Poka.

Vote: A Link In Time

ALIT, you tried to make an easy target out of someone by claiming that their grammar/spelling issues gave them away as fidgety. I wouldn't have a problem with that, except for the fact that you played with PokaLink an entire game before this one, and knew that he was prone to make such mistakes. Additionally you knew that he was part of the Jedi alliance and tried to press an insta-lynch on him. Because of all that, and your own inconsistent behavior, I can only deem you scum.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I targetted A Link in Time, and it would seem that I targetted another of a similar model. This would explain why I withdrew my kill.

Given the events described in the night, it would seem as though my target survived because he was a nightkill immune role, rather than me being blocked, or ALIT being healed. It would seem as though, via the description, I withdrew my kill myself.

I don't exactly see what in Austin's post makes it clear that your target (ALiT) was the one holding up the gun at you, and not some other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom