• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

If you want a reason for why I may seem different, that is because I do not have a set meta. I think that if you look through the 3 or 4 games I've played in including this one, my meta hasn't really had much consistency since I started. But meh, however you feel.

This certainly doesn't make me feel any better about your possible affiliation. If anything this only sparks my suspicion more.

In the meantime, SoL basically covered what I was going to say. I wasn't really looking at Dracomajora, but did have my eye on illmatic and Deku Shroom. Josh's attitude toward the game is normal, as we saw last game, so I'm not going to assume he's Mafia based on this, but something to store in the back of my mind. Dracomajora and Deku Shroom tend to have similar attitudes toward the game as well, but it's a little out of the ordinary for illmatic. My eyebrow was raised when I read the most recent post.

I wasn't trying to give off an attitude of not caring about the game. I had a few minutes to check out the thread before I left to work, and realized I was pages behind. When I went back to catch up on reading, I realized it was pages about discussion about RVS and who is for it and who is against it, and votes based on that, which I think is dumb. I didn't even read through it, since all I had were a couple of minutes, so I just made that quick post.

We have three people here who aren't contributing. This is my third Mafia game, and I'm sick and tired of people like this. If I could vote for all of you, I would.

Like I said above, I haven't even read through the last 5 pages, I just wanted to make a quick post to let people know I'm still here. Better to post something than to not post at all, right? I do plan on reading through everything and posting my thoughts when I get a chance.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
First off, I think the whole assuming SoL is third party thing is a very large assumption. It's normal for the bad guys to be the Mafia in most situations, and it's not hard for somebody to assume that, especially if they don't know squat about the game or what their character is. This isn't something that's going to outright prove somebody's role.

Yes it's a large assumption, but it's not one you have to make at all if you've read your pro town private message.

Kybyrian

Yes it's a large assumption, but it's not one you have to make at all if you've read your pro town private message.

Like I said, bad guys being the Mafia is usually the norm. I typically don't even read my private message except for the name, role, and alignment. It's not hard for somebody who knows nothing about the theme to mistake names and alignment, especially when the good/bad side are inversed to where the good is Mafia and bad is Town.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora

Actually, it doesn't even have anything that says that. You actually have to assume either way, because it doesn't straight out tell you.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
About the SoL maybe being a third party/ mafia role, remember last game where Zennox made a similar mistake, but ended up being town? Might be the same case here, might not be. Just consider it.

Sorry for my inactiveness as well. Just been glancing through here everynow and then, but have been really busy lately.

FOS: Jedizora, Kybyrian, SoL

Jedizora has just been fluffing posts out, even getting a little anxious on his first vote when it wouldn't have mattered too much. Willing to bet that he's scum, or maybe even third party.

Kybyrian has got my eye for his whole Durion thing. You won't consider him right in anyway, and hey, I'm all for RVS if there's nothing there, but the guy brings up good points on how most mafia aren't going to crack after one vote. It'd take a bandwagon to get anywhere off of it, and that never happens. I see someone else say something else against RVS fery similar to what Durion said, and yet you agree with them more than Durion? Why? Do you have something against the guy?

SoL, like I said, chance that you could be scum or third party. You're okay with me now, but still, got my eye on you.

Also sorry for having no specific quotes, I'm on my iPod and getting quotes off of it is just a hassle since it always seems to refresh when I go back to something, so my post just gets lost.

Anyways, my thoughts so far.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think SoL is a third party. He probably just misread his role pm, or just skimmed through it. It's a possibility of course, but I doubt it. And why the FOS SoL? Not contributing and not posting often may be annoying, but I wouldn't exactly consider it suspicious. It was the beginning of day 1, and there wasn't much to talk about or anything suspicious that I could find.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I don't think SoL is a third party. He probably just misread his role pm, or just skimmed through it. It's a possibility of course, but I doubt it And why the FOS SoL? Not contributing and not posting often may be annoying, but I wouldn't exactly consider it suspicious. It was the beginning of day 1, and there wasn't much to talk about or anything suspicious that I could find.

First off. SHE and HER. :P Secondly, what I've put together is this:

Not contributing and not posting often may be annoying, but I wouldn't exactly consider it suspicious.

So, it's okay not to contribute to the game? :/

It may not be suspicious, I'll give you that. But is it helping any? No.

Kybyrian

Kybyrian has got my eye for his whole Durion thing. You won't consider him right in anyway, and hey, I'm all for RVS if there's nothing there, but the guy brings up good points on how most mafia aren't going to crack after one vote. It'd take a bandwagon to get anywhere off of it, and that never happens. I see someone else say something else against RVS fery similar to what Durion said, and yet you agree with them more than Durion? Why? Do you have something against the guy?

The whole RVS situation is just kindling to the flame. I'm tired of wording things, so I'll just copy and paste from my notes:

Shows a reluctance to actually contribute to conversation (#90)
Is quick to agree with somebody else who brings up meager points​

ebwodp

The reason people find inactivity suspicious is because it's a good way to prevent people from dragging any real evidence against you, thus making it harder to lynch you with proper reasoning. I used it as a scum tactic in Mafia Round 2 and it worked very well, we ending up winning that game. That being said, it would be appreciated if the inactive folks would pick it up so we don't have to make that hard decision on whether or not to lynch the inactives.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
TheGreen being 3rd party last round could help him pick out who is the 3rd party this round by looking for traits that he did. His point about Sol is the first real accusation that brought any evidence and got the game flowing but I don't think that her not knowing that the bad people were townies and good people being mafia warrants a vote.

Jedizora voted for Elfen because Elfen voted no lynch but was quick to retract his vote when it didn't pick up. Possible third party?

Kybyrian

TheGreen being 3rd party last round could help him pick out who is the 3rd party this round by looking for traits that he did. His point about Sol is the first real accusation that brought any evidence and got the game flowing but I don't think that her not knowing that the bad people were townies and good people being mafia warrants a vote.

Jedizora voted for Elfen because Elfen voted no lynch but was quick to retract his vote when it didn't pick up. Possible third party?

I'm thinking scum in some form, yes. My vote is placed on jedizora for a reason. Right now I see no real reason to retract it, either.

Like I said, bad guys being the Mafia is usually the norm. I typically don't even read my private message except for the name, role, and alignment. It's not hard for somebody who knows nothing about the theme to mistake names and alignment, especially when the good/bad side are inversed to where the good is Mafia and bad is Town.

If a person knows nothing about the theme, then I think they would read the entire pm and maybe a little research on the theme, I know I did. The only reason I would think someone wouldn't is if their pm came up showing them being mafia, or they really don't care for the game.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
*SHOUTS for Keyshe* Sorry for the inactivity but I'll be back tomorrow. This computer is pretty much useless and for some reason won't let me quote. -.-

I don't even know where to start with you guys. This whole Durion vs Kybyrian thing interests me, because usually they get along pretty well so there's some amount of conflict here. Which brings me to the conclusion that either they could both be town but sparking suspicions or that in fact one of them is mafia. I'm watching the both of you. IMO, Ky could be town but you never know, I'll find that out later.

Keyshe...seems townie really. Nothing stands out as suspicious behavior to me.

SoL is contributing well to the discussion this round and could well be townie but I'll keep my eye out all the same, as this whole RVS thing has raised some useful points. But the things is, like it has been said already, in some ways it does seem that she is fishing for power roles...I be watching you too.

jedizora just seems a bit new to this, so I am suspecting if anything crops up it could be from inexperience.

Viral just seems like a source of information atm. XD Not anythin g suspcious, anyway.

One of Mikau's posts back on page 8 somewhere said that he didn't feel the need to post right then. And as Ky said doing nothing isn't exactly helping the town, so I'd buck your ideas up if you are town, or you may just get lynched.

Dekushroom is another one who isn't doing anything to help the town so the same goes to you about that. What Keyshe said is important, if you are town and inactive please do post to avoid getting lynched and help your side. So others who are inactive and not helping, change that now. If you're too lazy to post then there's no point in you being alive if you won't help. But, if you're mafia then that's that.

I think that's most of what I have to say for now. Slow computer is slow but you can expect me back on the forums a lot more starting tomorrow.

EBWODP

IGMEOY: Ky, Durion, SoL, inactives.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I don't even know where to start with you guys. This whole Durion vs Kybyrian thing interests me, because usually they get along pretty well so there's some amount of conflict here. Which brings me to the conclusion that either they could both be town but sparking suspicions or that in fact one of them is mafia. I'm watching the both of you. IMO, Ky could be town but you never know, I'll find that out later.

You say you are watching both of them, and after that you say Kyby might be town. Than why do you only IGMEOY Kyby? I mean, I had the feeling while reading your post that Kyby was more likely to be town in your eyes than Durion, than why only an IGMEOY on Kyby...?

SoL is contributing well to the discussion this round and could well be townie but I'll keep my eye out all the same, as this whole RVS thing has raised some useful points. But the things is, like it has been said already, in some ways it does seem that she is fishing for power roles...I be watching you too.

I agree with most of this. The thing is that SOL almost always contributes well to the discussions, wether he is town or not. So the fact that he also contributes well in this game does not give him any defence in my eyes. The only thing that is left is that it seems like he is fishing for power roles. Quite suspicious in my opinion. But I have to say it is "like" he is fishing for power roles, but that's not any evidence, just a theory, so I won't vote him (at least for now), but I'll watch him.

jedizora just seems a bit new to this, so I am suspecting if anything crops up it could be from inexperience.

I don't believe he is really this inexperienced, but he is playing in beginner Mafia, so you are at least partially right. Jedi is trying to make a bandwagon on Elfen (he tried), very easy target if you ask me.. and it's easy to get no blame for it if he turns out to be town. So I'm wondering, is this just inexperience, something you learn over time (that hyperactive townies like Elfen are most often not scum, or I could better say, hyper-activeness itself is not scummie), or is he just using a simple and obvious mafia technic?
At the moment I'm neutral about Jedizora

One of Mikau's posts back on page 8 somewhere said that he didn't feel the need to post right then. And as Ky said doing nothing isn't exactly helping the town, so I'd buck your ideas up if you are town, or you may just get lynched.
Dekushroom is another one who isn't doing anything to help the town so the same goes to you about that. What Keyshe said is important, if you are town and inactive please do post to avoid getting lynched and help your side. So others who are inactive and not helping, change that now. If you're too lazy to post then there's no point in you being alive if you won't help. But, if you're mafia then that's that.

You're right about this.
You are more helpfull when dead than when you are inactive. If there are many inactive persons, it is easy for the Mafia to be nearly-inactive themselfs as well, because there are just to many inactive persons. If there are only one or two inactives we could lynch them, or they could be nightkill target, because there is a high chance that they are Mafia. But when a lot of people are inactive, we can't do anything against them. While if almost every townie is active, mafia is forced to be active themselfs as well, so there is a higher chance that they will slip. Less inactive persons makes the game more easy, so if you already know you are going to be inactive because you don't really care about the game, than don't join ;)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
GAH! 8 pages already! ;-;

Myeh. I havent really been active this week. Sorry! I'll start reading back and see if I can get caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom