• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LTTP and FSA Link Are the Same

I read that LTTP Link is known as "The hero of Light" It says in the manual. In FSA Link is also referred to as the hero of light. This means that LTTP and FSA Link is the same person which will make placing FSA in the timeline much easier. There is no arguing about this because it is official. Post what your thoughts are though :)

M

mbwchampion

http://www.covershut.com/covers/The...Swords-Adventures-2004-Nt-Front-Cover-157.jpg

Here is the back of the FSA, and it does say that you are The Hero of Light. But yeah, there are a lot of signs graphic wise and geography wise on the game. Everything matches up pretty well. It is interesting all of the differences between the Japanese version and the English version of aLttP.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=z3translation

^The english version of aLttP kinda messed a lot of the translation which is kinda sad. I wouldn't say it is official, official since Nintendo jumps around with their storyline, however, in the BS remake of aLttP, they character that you play is called Hero of Light, which is so that can be yourself instead of Link (since Link is supposed to represent anyone you want it be hence the spelling of your name in the games (as his name isn't Link in most games, it what you name him). But again, yeah, I think it is pretty safe to amuse that it is the same Link.

And then Minish Cap Link is the backstory of the four swords. :D

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I'm glad people agree with my timeline haha. I've always thought FSA was right before ALttP as well. Here's the rest of my timeline

......../--WW/PH--ST--LoZ/AoL
OoT--
........\MM--TP--MC--FS/FSA--ALttP/OoX/LA

I've always felt that FSA fit very well right there. I mean, Hyrule is essentially the same layout, and it fits well with the rest of ALttP's back story. I forget the war that is mentioned a few times in ALttP, but FSA essentially becomes that war. If you consider the 4 Link's the "Knights of Hyrule," then it allows for ALttP's Link to the their descendant, like he is supposed to be.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
LttP
- in-game, called the Hero of legend (not as a title, just a description. note "legend" is lower-case) (a "Hero of legend" is also mentioned in TP)
- English manual, Hero of Hyrule
- Japanese manual, also called Hero of Hyrule. You'll have to find out where it was said he was the Hero of Light for me.
- English GBA manual, Hero of "Cataclysm's Eve"

Even so... that would mean SW -- FS/FSA/LttP. I'm not quite sure how well that would work.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
Nice catch. I too think FSA was made as a praquel to LttP, but to answer bbevington90 and Locke's timeline theories, since the Sealing war is, or at least was originally supposed to be OoT's AT events, I'm quite sure the most probable placement for FSA to be like this:

......./--FS/FSA--LttP
OoT
.......\MM--TP

But Ganondorf is out of the Dark Realm in FSA's beginning, right? Wrong. He kidnaps the maidens as soon as the game starts, so he's freed as he also tries to in LttP. Then he's imprisoned back in the DR, but with the FS as an extra seal (much like the MS was in OoT), so the second time is harder for him to get free. Of course this theory is also for who believes FSA to be the origin of the trident, but as I stated in another thread: the trident was truly in OoT...
Oh, yes, consider that I HAVEN'T PLAYED FSA YET. I base my statements on videos and plot descriptions I've seen and read, so I may miss some detail.

Let's get to the point. Is Link the same? I always tought he wasn't, but know that I think of it, there's no reason to do so. We all know she says "My name is Zelda" at the beginning, but it doesn't count, that was probably just a psychic SOS, she would have no reason to specifically call a boy she never met before. When they first meet in person, instead, she doesn't present herself, nor he does, but she seem to already know his name!

This is a very sweet theory I'll start considering from now on. Anyway we can't say anything for sure and I also like the idea of the Knighs of Hyrule being the Four Links very much! :)

Also we can't base it on the name too much, since Hero of Light doesn't seem to have any particular meaning, such as Hero of legend, it's not related to his particular powers or actions, opposed to the HoT or the HoW.
By the way, is there any fan-given hero titles for them? I'd call them "Hero of Splitness" And "Hero of Bunnies".
Basically light is goodness, opposed to darkness that's evil. So they're both Heros of Light, just because they both fought the Darkness...

4SLinks.jpgVSThe+Darkness+-+The+Platinum+Collection.jpg

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
The Sealing War: I never got people saying this was OoT or after OoT. The seal war was a means of trying to get the Triforce, last I checked, which led to it being sealed off. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 4 keys to the door leading to the Triforce spread out to the different races of Hyrule, who have stable/shaky relationships with the Hylian King? Wouldn't that mean the war would have already happened?

Four Sword Adventures: I don't know whether its right to say this game might be a prequel to LttP, as much as it would be to say the similarities practically kick you in the face. I don't think they're the same Link, however, judging from what changes there are between them. Link in LttP is referred to as a descendant of the Knights of Hyrule. FSA shows you the 4 Knights of Hyrule, and I'm willing to bet FSA Link wasn't calling any of 'em 'daddy'. So more likely he was given official Knighthood after the game, and LttP Link is another along that bloodline.

Ganon: One thing that puts FSA at odds with OoT is Ganondorf having a backstory in both. Its one of the reasons I've considered the two to be along their own separate lines. I don't think a second Ganon would have split from OoT's timeline (that would indeed make it confusing), but rather Ganon rose to a position of King of Evil on a timeline entirely separate to the OoT splits. Probably as a result of the Sealing war. I mean I find it curious myself that MC/FS/FSA and even much of the light world of LttP have little to no mention of the Triforce, whereas OoT and the Child Timeline the Triforce and the Gods are highly revered. Its why I look forward to seeing what Skyward Sword will bring us.

Djinn

and Tonic
There are a few subtle clues to lead to FSA being a prequel to ALTTP, mostly through items.

The first clue are the mages that follow Vaati in FSA.
Mage1.png

One of which claims to have created the Quake and Bombos medallions in the game. Both medallions are ancient items by ALTTP, one of which requires the book of Mudora to translate the ancient language to achieve.
We magic users have
enchanted two types
of medallion.

These medallions instantly
alter the shape of an evil
presence or make it vanish.

One of these medallions
is in that treasure chest
there.

It's one that I enchanted
myself. You may use it if
you like.
Another later in the game give a moon pearl to Link
You want a Moon Pearl?

I suppose it's the least I
can do after everything
you've done for me.

You got a Moon Pearl!

This mysterious gem guides
its bearer into the Dark
World.
Which is another ancient and mysterious item by the time of ALTTP. However those who are knowledgeable of the dark world know that a moon pearl would help someone maintain their original shape in the dark world. It is speculated but not proven to have been created by the mages of FSA, however there are several moon pearls to be found in the game. While only one exists by the time of ALTTP.

The second clue is the language game in FSA you are told
Youngsters these days are
forgetting the Hylian
tongue. It's so sad...

In an effort to preserve our
beautiful ancient tongue,
I've made a language exam.
Really? So another day
passes, and Hylian slips
slowly into obscurity...
This could be the very same language that ALTTP Link required the Book of Mudora to translate from the stone tablets before he could obtain the Bombos and Quake medallions. Which was said to be falling into decline during the events of FSA but is completely lost by the time of ALTTP.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hero of Hyrule (The Legend of Zelda)
Hero of Time (Ocarina of Time)
Sworn Brother of the Gorons (Ocarina of Time)
Hero of the Essences of Time and Nature (Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons)
Hero of Winds (The Wind Waker)
Hero of Men (The Minish Cap)
Hero Chosen by the Gods (Twilight Princess)
Hero of Light (Twilight Princess)
Apprentice to the Hero (Phantom Hourglass)
Half-Hero (Phantom Hourglass)
Two-Thirds of a Hero (Phantom Hourglass)
Royal Engineer (Spirit Tracks)

This list is copied directly from Zelda Wiki. It supposedly states all of Link's titles. And apparently, the only "Hero of Light" title is given to Twilight Princess. Does this mean that Twilight Princess Link, Four Sword Adventures Link, and A Link to the Past Link are all the same? We all have our own opinion, but I do not think so. I believe that a title can also be inherited. For example, taking a look at Locke's post, he states that ALttP Link is also called "Hero of Hyrule", and this list also called LoZ Link "Hero of Hyrule". Does this make ALttP Link and LoZ Link the same person? Not necessarily. As of now, there is no concrete evidence pointing to either position. Many people place ALttP and LoZ close in their timeline, so maybe it is just an inherited title.

The inverse can also be true: a title does not always have to be passed on. The Wind Waker Link and Phantom Hourglass Link are obviously the same, yet, this list does not have a "Hero of the Winds" title for Phantom Hourglass. And ALttP and Link's Awakening Link are almost 100% certain the same, yet, they do not have the same title. Therefore, I do not believe your statement has any value.

M

mbwchampion

Though, I am trying to see why on the wiki, the Twilight Princess is saying that the Link is Hero of Light. Is there a quote anywhere that anyone can find, that says that the Twilight Princess Link is called that. If not, I think it was a guess at what they would call him

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Though, I am trying to see why on the wiki, the Twilight Princess is saying that the Link is Hero of Light. Is there a quote anywhere that anyone can find, that says that the Twilight Princess Link is called that. If not, I think it was a guess at what they would call him

He would be called that because he brought light back to the Light World (AKA Hyrule).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I had thought there was a mention in TP about a Hero of Light, but I checked before my previous post and it turns out there wasn't.

The Sealing War: I never got people saying this was OoT or after OoT. The seal war was a means of trying to get the Triforce, last I checked, which led to it being sealed off. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 4 keys to the door leading to the Triforce spread out to the different races of Hyrule, who have stable/shaky relationships with the Hylian King? Wouldn't that mean the war would have already happened?
"The story in Ocarina of time isn't actually original, it deals with the Sages' Imprisoning War from the Super Famicom's ALttP." Takizawa, '98 (he also talks about it being the same Ganon)
"If someone with an evil mind has
his wish granted, the world will
be consumed by evil...That is what
has been told...

So, the ancient Sages built
the Temple of Time to protect the
Triforce from evil ones." - Zelda, OoT
The ToT was constructed as a precaution, just like the MS was, not as a result of any conflict. The war didn't start until Ganondorf found and entered the SR, which happened in OoT.

OT: It's easy to say that FSA is a prequel to LttP, but not that they share the same Link. Looking at what Djinn posted, and a little bit at original intent (possibly retelling the SW), there would have to be a great deal of time between the two games. I have yet to see anything that suggests that Link is called the Hero of Light in LttP, and even if there was it's not conclusive. Hero of Light is a much more generic title than Hero of Time, which had its own prophecy making it unique.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
They are not the same Link. FSA is before ALttP because it explains the origins of Ganon's trident. Plus Link wouldve known Zelda in ALttP if it was the same Link. They are introduced to each other in the basement of Hyrule Castle. Sometime after FSA, Ganon broke free from the Four Sword and went to the Golden Land to claim the triforce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom