• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Lore Clues In The Depths

I will explore three questions tonight and return with my report.

1) Are the "minotaur" statues leading to the Great Central Mine Mogma-looking? Do their legs match those of the Poe Bargainers?

2) What is underneath the Breach of Demise. Skyward Sword said this evil came bursting from out of the Earth. This basically means Demise came from the Depths. I want to investigate this because I have some theories (basically, that the Downfall Timeline's Hyrule was wished into the past by Ganon, who existed in the far past as Phantom Ganon, and that Hyrule was built by the Oocca on top of "Dark Future Hyrule" which became the Depths).

3) Are the trees from the BOTW mural of the first Calamity, top left, Depths Trees? Or just trees on fire?

Feel free to discuss in the meantime.

I've investigated, and I report.

1) The "minotaur" statues are not Mogma looking really. They actually GREATLY resemble the faces of the short people from the BOTW ancient Calamity tapestry. Look at the face up front and on the side, and think of it as cutesy. It matches very close. Neither "Lomei" nor Mogma.

The legs DO match the Poe Bargainers, in fact, that weird horse or dog style of back leg. However, the Poe Bargainers have three fingered hands, very explicitly and the minotaur statues are five fingered (like Mogma).

2) The Breach of Demise in the Depths is just, like everywhere else, the inverse of the Breach of Demise. However, a lot of those "rock root" structures surround it. This could have been a stylistic choice to reflect the up jutting rocks of the Breach, itself a stylistic, not lore based choice. Is the Breach of Demise where he first came to the surface? Or is it his breaking from Imprisonment? I think the former. And so, I think the game designers have not revealed anything through this place. We might assume, however, it is the surface place where Demise emerged. However, it doesn't seem to connect to TotK Depths which implies I suppose it connects to another version of the underworld. I'd be satisfied if TotK overlooked this simply as an art design feature.

3) YES. The BOTW mural, which could be stylized trees which are burning, and vaguely resemble the Depths trees, in fact almost certainly is portraying Depths trees. This is very interesting. The fact also the "minotaur" statues of the unknown central Hyrule race resemble the mural's unknown race (neither "Lomei" or "Mogma" clearly, but the mural and statue are one and the same with a very loose possible connection to Poe Bargainers) is interesting. The mural seems to show that this mysterious race venerated the Hylian royal family, and that on the pleas and encouragement of this lost race, the Sheikah were banished. We know the loose context of the Sheikah banishment from BOTW, but no mention of this race. And here in TotK they are quite explicitly referenced.

Not again the mural. I think the "poe collectors" in the top left section are just the houses of this race.

lomei.jpg

Honestly, those tree shapes look more like the coral/tree/bush things found growing around Zora's Domain. I don't recollect seeing any trees, in the depths that looked like that.

1) The "minotaur" statues are not Mogma looking really. They actually GREATLY resemble the faces of the short people from the BOTW ancient Calamity tapestry. Look at the face up front and on the side, and think of it as cutesy. It matches very close. Neither "Lomei" nor Mogma.

The legs DO match the Poe Bargainers, in fact, that weird horse or dog style of back leg. However, the Poe Bargainers have three fingered hands, very explicitly and the minotaur statues are five fingered (like Mogma).

2) The Breach of Demise in the Depths is just, like everywhere else, the inverse of the Breach of Demise. However, a lot of those "rock root" structures surround it. This could have been a stylistic choice to reflect the up jutting rocks of the Breach, itself a stylistic, not lore based choice. Is the Breach of Demise where he first came to the surface? Or is it his breaking from Imprisonment? I think the former. And so, I think the game designers have not revealed anything through this place. We might assume, however, it is the surface place where Demise emerged. However, it doesn't seem to connect to TotK Depths which implies I suppose it connects to another version of the underworld. I'd be satisfied if TotK overlooked this simply as an art design feature.

3) YES. The BOTW mural, which could be stylized trees which are burning, and vaguely resemble the Depths trees, in fact almost certainly is portraying Depths trees. This is very interesting. The fact also the "minotaur" statues of the unknown central Hyrule race resemble the mural's unknown race (neither "Lomei" or "Mogma" clearly, but the mural and statue are one and the same with a very loose possible connection to Poe Bargainers) is interesting. The mural seems to show that this mysterious race venerated the Hylian royal family, and that on the pleas and encouragement of this lost race, the Sheikah were banished. We know the loose context of the Sheikah banishment from BOTW, but no mention of this race. And here in TotK they are quite explicitly referenced.
1. That's a frog face to me 1216642500.jpg
download.jpg

They could be the "Lomei" but they look like frogs to me (frogs being associated with wind gods, Mamu, and the Yiga effigies).

2. The Breach of Demise is just one of the trees holding up the ceiling of the depths. No gaping hole or chasm, but its possible that these overlapping branches helped fill in what would otherwise be a strip of gloom-sunk chasm.

3. I don't know why the war 10,000 years ago would have had to do with the depths though. That's my only thing: why does the war 10,000 years ago have anything to do with the reward for 152 shrines or the Zonai in general? I don't understand this connection: it makes sense that those tapestry trees are the depths trees conceptually, but what do the two have to do with each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom