• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Long Game

I think that they are going to make Zelda Wii U a pretty long game. I think it's going to be packed with items, sidequests, and collectibles. Also I think there's going to be a lot of dungeons and long main story also to add to the time. I'm a fan of the longer Zelda games (like T.P, SS,). Do you think it'll be a long game, or just a medium size game? Also would you like to see it longer or short?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I do feel that Zelda games should be longer in terms of time and gameplay, but not to the point where they become dry and boring. I'm hoping for something a little longer than Skyward Sword, but not too long. Throwing in a few more dungeons, more cutscenes -- longer cutscenes at that, and maybe a few more optional tasks, such as trading sequences and side quests. Either way, a longer Zelda game is something I look forward to when it comes to Zelda U.

Salem

SICK
I do feel that Zelda games should be longer in terms of time and gameplay, but not to the point where they become dry and boring. I'm hoping for something a little longer than Skyward Sword, but not too long. Throwing in a few more dungeons, more cutscenes -- longer cutscenes at that, and maybe a few more optional tasks, such as trading sequences and side quests. Either way, a longer Zelda game is something I look forward to when it comes to Zelda U.
I agree with everything except for the cutscene part.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think that Skyward Sword was optimal length for a first playthrough (bar the first hour or so for the tutorial), but ZeldaU should offer tons more of optional length via nonlinearity, postgame content, etcetera.

I'm pretty sure the next game won't vary too much in terms of length compared to recent console Zeldas. 50 hours seems to be standard for beating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword the first time through. I doubt we'll get much more than that. After all, the Zelda team is starting out on a new console with HD graphics, something they're not used to working it. They've probably been too busy figuring out how to optimize the game on the new hardware to include additional content.

Zelda isn't like games like Elder Scrolls anyway, which are packed with hundreds of hours of optional content. In Zelda, the focus has always been on beating the main quest, while other activities are purely secondary fluff.

Last edited:
We have no idea at present how long it actually will be, but I really want a long game with loads of extras and side-quests and stuff, basically I want a good reason to buy a Wii U

My thoughts exactly.

This game shouldn't be Skyrim-long, but I'd like to see it in the neighborhood of 100 hours.

Most importantly, I want a reason to buy a Wii U.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
im with you guys, i just want it to be a Good enough game to give me a reason to get the Wii U, i buy nintendo systems for Zelda games, all the other (In my opinion) mediocre titles are just an added bonus!

as far as game length goes, i feel SS and TP were just right, 50-80 hours of gameplay is fun, 100...,.i feel would be tiring! but that comment comes with a catch. 100 hours of main story line missions, may be a lil long, so i say 50 to 60 hours if only focusing on the Main Quest! We have yet to see a zelda game that gives us the best of both in terms of main quest vs side quest.

MM had a VERY short main quest, but actually completing the game in full with all the side quest, that made for a really long game. So i feel the Length of the Main Quest in SS is perfect, but and additional 30 hours of side quests would not be complained about by me, and i doubt others would complain about additional content you dont HAVE to do, unless someone just cant play a game without 100% Completion like i used too be, i could see it being annoying.

But with all that extra content, and without the NEED to complete everything every time you play the game, there is a chance for a very high replay value, which zelda somewhat lacks....kinda. dont take that comment too serious or to heart.

DarkLink17

Well then
In addition to a longer game, I'm hoping for a sort of Master Quest available to play when you complete the main quest. The hero mode in SS was cool, but I enjoyed the MQ more since the dungeons were completely different, and a ton more difficult at that.
It would be asking for a LOT of extra work, but I hope Nintendo can do something like this for Zelda Wii U or a future title to come.

As long as It doesn't have too many of those "The road is blocked, you need to find another way" or "Sure, you can have this part of the song, let me just split al the notes and throw them in a lake" kinda moments.

Don't get me wrong, I know almost every videogame has them, but in SS it just felt as there were so many. It also annoyed me that I had to fight The Imprisoned so many times.

I feel like that's why TP was better than SS, It was a long game without making It boring.

Salem

SICK
As long as It doesn't have too many of those "The road is blocked, you need to find another way" or "Sure, you can have this part of the song, let me just split al the notes and throw them in a lake" kinda moments.

Don't get me wrong, I know almost every videogame has them, but in SS it just felt as there were so many. It also annoyed me that I had to fight The Imprisoned so many times.

I feel like that's why TP was better than SS, It was a long game without making It boring.
TP had moments like that, the Tear drop quests and stuff.

TP had moments like that, the Tear drop quests and stuff.

But not as much, every game has those moments. I'm just saying SS had way too many. You would only had to do the tear drop quest in TP like 3 times. SS had them too with Phantom like creatures which made It so much annoying. The only thing good about those were that they were scary.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Zelda should totally become The Elder Scrolls VI :right:

Seriously though, I think Zelda should be a little longer. I found Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess to be good lengths for Zelda games, but they both put more emphasis on the main quest. A game that takes a long main quest, but adds tons of side content would be nice. Maybe we could finally get some post game quests, to complete after beating the final boss. They should do whatever they can to make this the best game in the series, because I think it has potential to become so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom