• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Loftwings Are Cuccos

I'm just spitballing here but, Is it possible that the loftwings are Cucco's ancestors? I mean that once they get on ground level they evolve to getting smaller and lose flight because they don't need it anymore. I remember reading something that Nintendo said the Rito Tribe was the evolved zoras. It's not the perfect theory but it's good enough to ponder & wonder about. What are your thoughts/comments/trolling? (please no trolling, after all I declare November trolling awareness month :P.)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Well that would be very funny. How does a giant awesome bird evolve into a small chicken-like creature that just doesn't makes sense to me.

Nah the cuccos are something of a running joke in the series. I can't see the Zelda team connecting them to the Loftbirds. Maybe the Ooccoo are formed from the child of a Skyloftian and a Loftbird though......

EDIT: I was going to leave it at that, but then I realized that there are some posters here who may actually take that seriously...

EDIT2: I rest my case...

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Nah the cuccos are something of a running joke in the series. I can't see the Zelda team connecting them to the Loftbirds. Maybe the Ooccoo are formed from the child of a Skyloftian and a Loftbird though......
That just seems weird why would a human have sex with a bird it's beastiality to me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No. The Loftwings likely become the Ooca, as both are already known to reside in the sky. On the other hand, we might encounter Cuccos in the land below, perhaps being tended by a group of Bokoblins as their food source.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
One, I find it highly unlikely that these huge, awesome birds would change into the pathetic Cuccos.
I find it hard to believe that any race such as the one Shad describes would "change into the pathetic Cuccos." Either the Oocca are not as pathetic as you think, there was some external reason for it (like in the case with Zora->Rito), or the Oocca are not the advanced "sky people" that Shad and Ooccoo claim them to be.

Second, there's not enough time in-between SS and OoT for that kind of evolution.
How can you say that? You have no idea how much time there is between the two games. Even so, the Zora 'evolved' into the Rito nearly instantly during the flood, so time is shown not to matter.

My current theory, which will likely be disproved in SS (my previous one regarding the Oocca was), revolves around Ooccoo not being entirely straightforward. It also involves the Japanese text, which I'm told has no mention of "Oocca", only "sky people". In short, the birds in TP are not the great sky people. Yes, I agree with the OP, they could be the Loftwings. The sky people would then be the Skyloftians.

However, I don't hold on to this theory very strongly - it has many holes. Not only does it just not seem right, but much of it depends on how SS's story plays out. So far, not much of its story has shown congruence with what we know (or think we know) about the Oocca or the sky people.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Locke said:
You have no idea how much time there is between the two games. Even so, the Zora 'evolved' into the Rito nearly instantly during the flood, so time is shown not to matter.
Time doesn't matter when magic is involved. There's no reason to assume that magic is involved this time around, however.
And if it's just natural evolution, what evolutionary advantage would loftwings gain from becoming cuccos?

Time doesn't matter when magic is involved. There's no reason to assume that magic is involved this time around, however.
And if it's just natural evolution, what evolutionary advantage would loftwings gain from becoming cuccos?

You say that and all I think is why did the dinosaurs, giant rulers of the world, evolve into birds, typical food for mammals...

Like... not saying it's a bad thing just... If we look at them the same way it's weird...

Pen

The game is on!
One, I find it highly unlikely that these huge, awesome birds would change into the pathetic Cuccos.

Well first of all Zelda takes place in a fantasy world. And also, even in our real world we had some huge creatures that doesn't exist today, the dinosaurs. Nowadays however, all similar creatures are smaller, much smaller.

Here's a picture of a Loftwing and one picture of a Cucco. The Cucco is way smaller.

447px-Zelda-Art-Medium.png
OoT_cucco_artwork.png

And here's a picture of the flying dinosaur Quetzalcoatlus compared with a human, and one picture of two small mallards.

Quetzscale1.png
600px-Anas_platyrhynchos_male_female_quadrat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom