• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

List of Theories on the Figure from the Trailer

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Given that there is some speculation that the Minish Cap occurred before OOT, this could be one of his later exploits, after he became a sorcerer.

After he bacame a sorcerer, he morphed into a big shodow-blob-monster and got locked inside a sword.

The Four Swords series covers essentially Vaati's entire lifetime, and there's really no room for any other ventures.

also, SPADE GIRL. *waits for someone to inevitably design more card-based characters*

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
My 2 guesses are that he is either a Dark Interloper, or a sword spirit you must defeat.

I'm really banking on him being a sword spirit, that you have to defeat with the Master Sword. Seeing as how the Skyward Sword has a spirit as well, I would say that the theory is somewhat plausible.

On the subject of playing cards--
Hearts have always played a big part in Zelda games, and the three-leaf clover clubs symbol shares "threeness" with a certain other symbol we all know about...

Definitely won't happen. I'll quite while I'm ahead.

I think the new character is an interloper. He can teleport with shapes, like the Twili, and the Twili are supposed to be altered interlopers.

The thing is, he doesn't look like a spirit AT All, while the Sword-Girl looks very etheral and spirit-like.
They don't even look alike to me.
I'm guessing he's one of the Dark Interlopers or Dark Tribe.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I really do believe this guy to be an interloper. Recently Nintendo's been shifting it's focus on the Zelda series to be more story-driven. Seeing as TP was made like this, story-first, it's safe to assume that the elements currently exclusive to that game (oocca, twili, ect.) will return in other titles, and integrate themselves into the overall storyline. Now when you consider that the interlopers existed early in Hyrule's history, SS also takes place in early Hyrule (likely the same time period), and the interlopers were introduced in an attempt to better link the storyline yet are seemingly irrelevant as of current, it's safe to assume that these interlopers will play some part in SS. Given this dude's appearance (plus his diamond-teleporting powers) and the fact that he seems to be a villian, it's more than likely he's one of them.

I'm not to keen on the whole "every sword now has a spirit" idea. I personally think he is one of two things:

1. An underling for the leader of The Dark Interlopers. I don't believe we've seen the main villain yet.

2. Someone completely new to the series. He is neither an Interloper or a Sheikah. I just couldn't picture the Sheikah as bad guys at any point in time.

Yes, I believe he is either a villain, or a good guy with a MAJOR twist.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Gilded Sword - Don't think so but, I do see the resemblance people are talking about, and it may be that he is indeed the spirit of another sword but I don't think that sword would be the guilded sword.
Vaati - no
Majora in human form - no
Dark Interloper - maybe =O
Shiekah - very possible
He is none of these and will be something we don't expect - Yes

I wanted to throw this out there but does anyone think he could be a young Rauru? He might have had a different look when he was young, and when he dissapeared it kinda looked like little diamonds of light. Like something the Sage of Light could do... i dunno just wanna get that rumor out there. I want it to be Rauru. or maybe it doesn't have to be Rauru maybe it's just some former Sage of Light who we have never met yet! That's what I want an all new character with lots of depth, that watches Link develop and tests Link with trials and bosses but is ultimately there to help you. after you can defeat him he tells you who the real enemy is... it's hard to say who he could be. But my bets on Sage of Light for sure.

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I wasn't thinking Rauru. I was thinking Kaepora Gaebora. Who we know is the reincarnation of an ancient sage.

This could be that sage.

Of course, this is only speculation, but aren't all these theories?

Sage of Darkness

The Different Sage...
I have another theory: This new character is probably evil since we saw in the new trailer that Link fought against him/her. But maybe when Link has defeaten this new guy, he becomes good. Of course it's just a theory.

A LOT of people obviously thought that this was vaati at a first glance (me included),
and maybe that's what Nintendo wanted us to think!?

Without going into all kinds of timeline speculation for this, I do think that She can be a modern version of Vaati. I don't see it as such a big jump.

"he is a she" xD She has thights!

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
It is a pretty interesting character. I think right now i am leaning towards it either being a completely new character (good or bad..not sure yet), a shiekah, or just a dungeon boss. I only believe the shiekah theory because how they disappeared at the end.

CRWc4.png

uhm, he/she should be related to "the dark tribe", maybe, I mean, lots of zelda villians have this skin color:

468px-Scene-agahnim.png

Vaati.png

200px-Veran.png

and of course the twili

800px-Unmasked_zant.jpg

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I believe this guy/girl (let's just go with "he") is either a Dark Interloper, a sword spirit, or something completely new.
The Dark Interloper makes complete sense to me mainly because of the way the guy disappeared (Twili magic, ooh).
Him being a sword spirit also make sense because he has the same cloaky thing going on like Zordiana, which ends in a point. That and his similarity to the Gilded Sword (though I don't think he is specifically that; I just think it's interesting that he could have possibly been modeled after a sword, hehe).
And, of course, he could be something new because Nintendo loves to surprise us. Hee! :D

startimer

Resident Cartographer
That's what I want an all new character with lots of depth, that watches Link develop and tests Link with trials and bosses but is ultimately there to help you.

Hmmm... I'm reminded of Protoman. That is a possibility, that this character could merely be testing link with that battle, much like Ghodan [sp?] or the hero's shade. Though I wouldn't associate him with Light, he seems to be a darker sort of character.

And I just noticed he's wearing earrings. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom