• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Linktober 2022

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Biggoron Sword is one of my faves.

Biggoron_Sword3.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This piece looked like garbage this morning. I worked on it a few days ago, stopped and was like, this looks ok, but it's not done, then moved to other days. The whole freash eyes thing is true, when you don't look at an unfinished piece for a few hours or days, when you look at it again you have a new perspective and can address issues you might have overlooked before.

The issue I had with this one was the overall color scheme of Farosh that I had. He looked really muddy and brown, it was just odd. I didn't want to have to do a lot of work with this piece, but trying to save it was my only option unless I wanted to start over completely.

I managed to push the colors into what I have now, which I feel works, but I'm still not completely happy with it. I feel like compositionally it's too boring, but I can't really spend any more time on it than what I already have.

Dragon.jpg

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
(Sorry double post)
ok so I'm a bit behind, here's my take on prompt 4:

linktober_day_4____favorite_character__by_echolight15_dfewo6c-fullview.jpg
I have to backtrack and praise this drawing more because I now know DRAWING MIDNA IS NOT EASY. I have been trying for almost 2 hours and these concepts sketches are the best I've managed lmaoooo. You did such an awesome job :pikalove:
Screenshot_20221016-193202_Gallery.jpg

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
(Sorry double post)

I have to backtrack and praise this drawing more because I now know DRAWING MIDNA IS NOT EASY. I have been trying for almost 2 hours and these concepts sketches are the best I've managed lmaoooo. You did such an awesome job :pikalove:
#1 I can second this, I've done her for both of mine so far and she's tough
#2 That thing with her holding the lantern is really cool :eyes:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
(Sorry double post)

I also can attest, Midna is hard to draw, I just finished a piece with her for the Companion prompt. The small details on her helmet killed me, I'm really bad at intricate details like that for sure.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So this one didn't turn out like I hoped it would. I like the colors at least. This is also the first time I made a digital piece with no sketch at all, which might be why it feels weird to me. I just started with an underpainting of areas of color, light, and shadow and built it up from that.

Companion_Midna.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom