• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Linktober 2021

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Over the years many of us have probably heard of Inktober, a month long event throughout October where each day has a different drawing prompt. The goal of Inktober is to just start drawing to improve skills as an artist, regardless of the results. You may think what you did looks bad; that doesn't matter, stick with something long enough and it gets easier.

Linktober is essientially the same thing, but all the prompts are themed around The Legend of Zelda. I first did Linktober in 2018, I haven't done it since, but I am doing it this year.

There are multiple calenders to follow. The traditional calender is usually the one most artists follow. There is a Shadow Calender that has prompts that only relate to Zelda enemies and bosses. There is also a Chance calender, where you roll a dice to create a random prompt for each day, as well as a linear adventure progression featuring original characters of your creation.

For this thread I will only post the regular calender, as it's the one I'll be doing. @Ragnarokio also will be doing Linktober along with me if she can keep up, but if a majority of people plan do a different calender she will do the one that has more interest.

If we don't get interest to participate I will likely move this thread to my blog where Rag and I will update our finished pieces or works in progress.

image0.png

We'd love for more members to join in on the challenge! And remember you can complete the prompts via writing as well!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
That looks cool! How exactly does this work?
You draw a prompt for each day. For example, Day 1 is witch. So you draw a witch in the Zelda series.

You can start early as well. I am currently working on Day 2's prompt. I won't showcase the finished drawings until each day they should be shown on though.

Also if you want broader exposure you can post your pieces to social media and use #Linktober to get reposts and shares from the Linktober social media accounts.

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
I have a question. Does it have to be drawn or can it be pixelart

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Asdf someone on the ZD Discord wrote this:
Prepare for trouble
Make it double
To protect Ganon’s kingdom from devastation
To unite all Gerudo within our nation
To denounce the evils of Courage and Wisdom
We’ll show our power to the goddesses above.
Kotake
Koume
We’re Twinrova, that’s right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom