• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link's Top Five Moments of Awesomeness

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
*major spoilers for TP, MM, OoT, and WW*

I got to thinking about some of the moments that to me, define why Link, sometimes in spite of his appearance/demeanor, is someone you wouldn't want to cross. Moments where he kicks butt, takes names and no prisoners, to mix metaphors. All declarations of awesomeness are only my opinion - what are some of your moments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Defeating King Bulbin on the Bridge - Twilight Princess

You know, the atmosphere contributed a lot to my selection of this...but I'm okay with that. The shot of Epona rearing on her hind legs against the wall of Twilight was just too epic for me not to include. And while the fight against King Bulbin wasn't that hard (well...I can make anything hard, but in theory it wasn't), having it set with you trapped on a bridge over an abyss with walls of fire on each end was still really amazing.

4. Using the Fierce Diety or Giant's Mask - Majora's Mask

So the only thing that could make the Fierce Diety mask even more overpowered is to give Fierce Diety Link the ability to catch the moon on his own. Still, it and the Giant's Mask are some of the most awesome masks in terms of appearance. I never realized how giant Link really becomes with the Giant's mask until I tried battling Twinmold without it. As for the Fierc Diety Mask - overpowered or not, sometimes it's still really fun to face a massive evil in physical form and totally beat it up without even breaking a sweat.

3. Obtaining the Master Sword - Twilight Princess (and others)

I was trying to avoid having more than one from the same game, but I do particularly love the Master Sword cut scene in Twilight Princess. Whenever I watch it, I feel that Link knows he is destined to be united with the Master Sword. It's still a great moment in any game, though - it's in the name. Not just a master sword, but the master sword.

2. Fighting Dark Link- Ocarina of Time (and others)

If I had played Adventure of Link, I may have chosen that instead...but I haven't, so I have to go with what I know. And the fight against Dark Link in OoT is still pretty awseome on its own. Not necessarily for the character design, though I like that - not necessarily for the atmosphere, though it's also amazing and makes me think Link is fighting inside his own consciousness - but simply for the concept, which is that he's fighting against himself. It's not an original theme, but a lot of times it doesn't have to be original - it simply has to be done well. Which OoT did, and then some.

1. Ganondorf's Death Blow - Wind Waker

I could have put "Wind Waker (and others)" - but it was this moment in WW in particular that actually inspired me to create this list. I like toon Link; he's cute and courageous. He's not exactly awe-inspiring in the beginning, though. And even when he defeats a big boss, you can tell he's a kid by the way he jumps around in excitement. Then you get to the final battle, and he splits Ganondorf's forehead with the master sword. I knew it was coming, and I was still surprised. It's number 1 to me because of both the fact that it's your final battle and because the build-up in the game to that point did not indicate that it was coming. Well-played, game, well-played.​

Probably stabbing Ganon in the face. I wonder...anyone know whether the sword got him right between the eyes?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Probably stabbing Ganon in the face. I wonder...anyone know whether the sword got him right between the eyes?

You could say he had a splitting headache *ba boom tch*

I completely agree with all these here. There's a few more but I can't be bothered to post them all here right now :?

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
While I love the moments you posted, I really do. One that I might add/suggest is winning Epona from Ingo then having to hurdle the walls of Lon Lon Ranch to escape. The little cut scene with Link upon Epona's back as she rears, though not as epic of an achievement such as defeating King Bulbin I would still consider it to be a good one.

i agree with all of them except for number 1, i would have put ganon's death blow Oot. after slahing him twice in the face, link stabbed him between the eyes, that was just awesome.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
While I love the moments you posted, I really do. One that I might add/suggest is winning Epona from Ingo then having to hurdle the walls of Lon Lon Ranch to escape. The little cut scene with Link upon Epona's back as she rears, though not as epic of an achievement such as defeating King Bulbin I would still consider it to be a good one.

I actually considered that one! I ended up going with King Bulbin mostly for personal preference. Another I considered was Link getting the golden gauntlets and tossing columns aside in OoT. It's a small moment, but still - would you want to get on his bad side if you saw him doing that? *g*

Also, if anyone wants to, feel free to expand this list to 10 if you feel like adding a moment but like the ones already in my list.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I would add on the Dark Link bit -- Dark Link in Zelda II. That was my first encounter with "Link fights his shadow." It's not as fleshed-out and varied as in OoT, but it's pretty awesome because the concept itself is awesome, and also, DL is the final boss of AoL and is *hard as crap!* ... Harder than DL in OoT, I thought. I think the Dark Link battle in AoL ought to be included.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I loved the Cut where Epona comes running through Kakariko Village in TP.
Link just does and epic roll. And I love the scene where he is chasing after the Bulbin take Collin again and he just looks so pissed off.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I would add on the Dark Link bit -- Dark Link in Zelda II. That was my first encounter with "Link fights his shadow." It's not as fleshed-out and varied as in OoT, but it's pretty awesome because the concept itself is awesome, and also, DL is the final boss of AoL and is *hard as crap!* ... Harder than DL in OoT, I thought. I think the Dark Link battle in AoL ought to be included.

I haven't played that one yet, but if I had, I suspect I may actually put that above OoT's myself. Knowing how hard the game is in general, and the fact that Dark Link is the final boss...well, again, hard to judge since I haven't fought him yet, but that's my educated guess.

10 Link pushing a sword into the demon kings head in ST was pretty awesome

9 When he conducts Makar and Medli in TWW

8 When he calls the four giants near the end of MM

7 When he gets shot out of the pirate ship by a catapult is a personal favorite of mine:D

6 Riding away from Lon Lon Ranch on Epona in OoT

and your choices added to these

Valexi

Hylian Thief
My list is very simular to the first post...just a little backwards....

1. Defeating King Bulbin on the Bridge - Twilight Princess
YES. Although Twilight Princess isn't exactly my favorite game, this scene just seems to sum up all of my feelings about the series with one gesture.

content

FREAKIN' AWESOME. I almost cried tears of happiness seeing this.
I plan to repaint this scene big enough to be used as my wallpaper, because I love it so.

2. Anything and everything involving Fierce Deity - Majora's Mask
HHNNNNNGGGG, Fierce Deity. So mysterious and powerful. Although little to no info is given on his origins or reason for being, he's easily my favorite form of Link.
The design is awesome, and it just leaves me wanting to know everything about him.

content

3. Ganon's death - Wind Waker
Stabbing him in the head? Such a violent gesture from such a cute little Link. But yes, it was indeed awesome, and therefore goes on the awesome list.
For me it was a rather unexpected way to go, and I was left feeling quite shocked at the gesture. I love the little special yell Link gave before delivering the blow, too. Plus the fight with Ganon itself was it's own little slice of awesome. Ganon's double-wielding katana's, for God's sake!

content

4. Epona's escape - Ocarina of Time
Yet another moment involving Link and Epona. But, hey who didn't sequel with excitement after obtaining Epona?
Being able to smug out that Ingo jerk and free Epona was just exciting.

content

5. There's too many to choose from for number 5, so I'll just leave this open ended for now ;)

Master

Upcoming
My Number 1

I don't know about you guys , but I am reserving Zelda Kissing Link for my number 1 ........ lol

:zelda: + :) =<3

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I don't know about you guys , but I am reserving Zelda Kissing Link for my number 1 ........ lol

:zelda: + :) =<3

Princess zelda have kiss already link. if you have played already the Oracle Series and finish the game with a triforce mark you will there in the ending that zelda have kiss link.

And for your quote ":zelda: + :) =<3" that would be so impossible to happen because zelda is a PRINCESS in other words royal blood then link is just only a hero of time or whatsoever you call him. But in reality there is a possibility might happen.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Haha, Link is a Ninja o.o

5. Jumping Gerudo Valley on Epona
That... was awesome. Who knew Epona could jump like that?! It's just so cool

4. Killing Ganon in Wind Waker
It was just so awesome, how he rolled behind him, jumped up, and just stabbed him in the face.... That was awesome.

3. Killing Ganon in Ocarina of Time
I personally thought this was awesome. Slash! Slash! Stab! silence....... DEATH! It was so cool.

2. Defeating King Bulblin on Bridge of Eldin
No explanation, everyone thinks this is awesome.

1. Rolling out of the way of Epona in Kakariko Village
No one has said this yet, but that's okay, because I think it's awesome! Epona's barging at top speed. No escape! Epic roll! Safe!

Link is a Ninja o.o

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The rearing Epona scene after defeating King Bulbin the bridge actually struck me as more Narm-y than awesome, but that's just me.

"Narm" is a term that TVTropes uses and that I'm using for lack of a better term. It denotes "something that is supposed to be serious but comes across as uintentionally hilarious and/or cheesy."

The also "I work around horses" thing kind of negates any awesomeness that *any* scene of a character on a rampant horse is meant to have -- that kind of thing is *very* dangerous.

It is also interesting to note that I've read/heard somewhere that whenever you see a statue of someone - a war hero and whatnot - if they are astried a *rampant* /rearing horse that it denotes "this person died in battle." - Artistic symbolism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom