• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's shocking anatomical reveal

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Hello ZD,

Roughly a week ago, a rather peculiar image of Link surfaced. This is probably going where you think it is so forgive me for arousing any possible morbid curiosity
Ok so some official artwork for BotW shows Link naked, but his genitals are missing inbetween his legs. I doubt that this is actually an anatomical trait (or lack thereof) among Hylians. The artists probably just didn't want to put something like that in a book that children would look at. In fact, my they did originally draw genitals on Link and then drew over it for it's public display in the book. Yet why would they put a picture of Link, Nintendo's 2nd most iconic character, naked in a book being released to the public?
Well, let me know your thoughts on this picture.

Night Owl

~Momentai
So we're freaking out now over a character base model?
I wouldn't think it that odd at all to have a model that doesn't have any clothes on that they can use to see how different outfits might look on Link. Since different outfits might show different amounts of skin, you wouldn't want your base model clothed so that you can see how the different outfits would look. Also having a base on file means that you don't have to redraw Link every time you want to make a new outfit. As for the lack of the mighty banana, there was no need to draw it as you are modeling clothes.

Or if you think Link really looks like that, you can just say that it was a necessary sacrifice for the king to trust him as Zelda's personal knight...

Ninja

Well well well
Since BotW is surely going to be played by kids, I’m pretty sure they omitted his penis to keep it from offending anyone. I’m also pretty sure Hylian males do have.. male genitals.

Probably just concept art of what the base model would be. I don’t think they will include Links package because the internet would go crazy for his bulge just like it went crazy for Zeldas thicc booty.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I wouldn't think it that odd at all to have a model that doesn't have any clothes on that they can use to see how different outfits might look on Link.

But why include it in the book? :shrugs:

As for the lack of the mighty banana, there was no need to draw it as you are modeling clothes.

But why didn't they just draw him in boxers or tights instead of leaving that art exposed?

Hohoho, this is great confirmation of Link being indeed an androgyne hero, clearly showing that he is an alchemical adept! This is a most pleasant development in the series, and important indeed to the meaning of Link's journey. He is therefore, the completed or regenerated man, both male and female, and having conquered his lower body and developed his triune nature.

If folks will recall, Link crossdresses to get into Gerudo town. More than a mere ruse, this is indicative of his bifold nature, something which the initiated Vilia recognizes and accepts. The crescent symbolism in Ocarina of Time may indeed be an occulted reference to this very fact about the Hero...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
They put the model in the book for one reason, to show how they actually drew link up, i mean they didn't just sit there and make the clothes then the man, how else would we have link in just undies in BOTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom