• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link in Super Smash Bros 4

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Link should be able to use the beetle and have the whip instead of the clawshot. He could use a skyward strike, and he could have his loft wing help him up when he used an up B, but I think spin attack is better. I think that overall he should stay the same though, just maybe get faster.

I think the sail cloth would make a better up special. A gust of wind would shoot link upwards and he would glide slowly to the ground, sort of like Peach. This would greatly aid his recovery.

I'd like to see (I know this isn't completely link) Wolf Link & Midna as a character. I wanted this to some extent in the previous one but now I really do want it.

As for Link from SS I see the Skyward Strike becoming a B function with B switching between items/attacks. So it would have the Bow, Skyward Strike, and the Whip. Skyward Strike charges (i.e. think samus), Bow is the same, whip can quasi-grab for either various command grab type throws.

Bside becomes the Beetle and by holding B while flying the Beetle. When you let go off the B button the Beetle drops the bomb.

Bdown is item/attack switch as I mentioned

Bup is still the spin attack

Grabs with Double Clawshot (new throws but different from whip).

That's it for now.

The way you say the weapons change with the Down Special reminds me of Sora and Megaman from Super Smash Flash 2.

I just realized that the Wii U won't be gamecube controller compatible, so I won't be familiar with the control scheme at all. Since I'll have to learn all the new controls from scratch anyway, I say they can completely change everything about Link for all I care.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
I am sure as hell going to miss Twilight Princess Link and the Boomerang. I spam it like there's no tomorrow. It's in most of my combos.

The SSB4 will have different colour schemes for all the characters. Wouldn't it be cool to have costume changes (like Wario in Brawl) instead of just different colours? Maybe Twilight Princess Link could be a costume change of Skyward Sword Link. The same could also happen with Young Link/Toon Link, keeping all the same moves and only changing their appearance and voice.

One thing that would be awesome in SSB4 would be customisable move-sets, so that you can choose what each of the special moves are and assign them to your name.

What I want to know is if Link and Zelda are updated to Skyward Sword incarnations, what happens to Ganondorf and Sheik? Would they we left out all together or replaced by Ghirahim and Demise? I would like to see Ghirahim be playable, but Demise? Maybe as a stage hazard.

Also, it would be cool to be able to roll bombs with Down-B be an option as opposed to only throwing them.

That whole customisable moveset thing is a good idea. I think a good costume change would be what Link wears at the beginning of Skyward Sword. And the sword could look more like the practice sword.

I don't really care what they do about skyward link I just hope they still have a young link/toon link. Maybe on the 3ds version they will have the ocarina of time(3d) characters and on wii u they will have the skyward characters? Sounds believable to me.

M

Metroid.

I wonder if Demise will just be a Ganondorf skin (ie. a copy of Capt. Falcon), or more like Link, wielding the Dark Master Sword. Adding to that, I wonder if Demise will even use the DMS outside of a final smash, given it is Ghirahim. It will be interesting.

Hopefully, his moveset will remain as is, but a few alterations - like the inclusion of the Skyward Strike - shouldn't hurt. Simple changes like replacing the hookshot aren't necessary, but would be neat as well, though. I'd also like to see a Skyward Sword-based design in his appearance. His taunts could be altered as well to fit the SS Link's mannerisms and such.

If downloadable content (DLC) is included with the next installment, I think it'd be cool to have various costume sets available to each character (for purchase.) Each set could provide different traits for each of the characters. For example, there could be an "SS costume set" for Link, which would provide the a set of weapons, taunts, etc. that fits his SS incarnation. This way, it won't disappoint fans who would much prefer an OoT/TP-style Link and so forth, as they'd be able to pick and choose which [type of] Link they'd prefer. I doubt anything like this will be included, and it might be wishful thinking on my behalf. It'd be so cool if it were, though. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I don't know what the new game mechanics will be like, so I have no idea what Final Smashes will foretell, or if they'll even be included next time around. If they are included, however, I'd like Link's to be SS-based. Perhaps it could be similar to Brawl's, but it then could be followed up with a barrage of Skyward Strikes in rapid succession. That'd be beast...

G

Ganondorkiness

I'm guessing that he's gonna look like he was in Wii U trailer, but I don't care what he looks like unless Crono is in SSB 4.

o.jpg

If downloadable content (DLC) is included with the next installment, I think it'd be cool to have various costume sets available to each character (for purchase.) Each set could provide different traits for each of the characters. For example, there could be an "SS costume set" for Link, which would provide the a set of weapons, taunts, etc. that fits his SS incarnation. This way, it won't disappoint fans who would much prefer an OoT/TP-style Link and so forth, as they'd be able to pick and choose which [type of] Link they'd prefer. I doubt anything like this will be included, and it might be wishful thinking on my behalf. It'd be so cool if it were, though. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
NO DLC!! I refuse to pay extra money once I have already purchased a game. If they do those costume ideas you were talking about then they'd better be free unlockables.

In Super Smash Bros. 4, Link will clearly resemble his Skyward Sword model. There is simply no reason for him not to. Nintendo always updates to include the newest version of its characters.

His moveset should include most of his weapons in Skyward Sword.

Possible draft:

Up+B=Whip

This is the most logical weapon to be used here as it will allow Link to inflict damage as well as grapple onto the stage.

Side+B=Beetle

Very interesting projectile that can be launched to pick up items as well as inflict damage to enemies.

Down+B=Bombs

Come on! You didn't think I'd replace those did you? Rolling bombs as in Skyward Sword would be sweet!

Standard B=Bow and Arrow

Another traditional element that should be conserved.

Whichever link they use (which will most likely be SS link) I just hope he's faster, because to be honest I found him too slow.... I really want link to be my favourite character to play as in smash bros (what with being a huge zelda fan and all), but sadly he's not. My favourite to play as is Fox to be honest. But I want it to be link, so make him faster (just a bit).

Is there any news on the next smash bros btw?

NO DLC!! I refuse to pay extra money once I have already purchased a game. If they do those costume ideas you were talking about then they'd better be free unlockables.

Dude, DLC's not all that bad. Sometimes it takes extra time to develop extra content, based on numerous factors, that couldn't be included in the game when it was first released. I hardly ever purchased DLC on the other consoles that I owned, but that's only due to lack of interest. If the Wii U includes DLC, I'll be all over it, especially for Smash Bros.

I suggest you watch a few SSBB hacking videos on Youtube. Many of the hackers on there created a variety of interesting palette swaps, movesets, characters, and other such things. The stuff they created really made me wish DLC was included on the Wii (esp. in SSB:cool:, simply for the fact that many of such ideas could have been added bonuses. Besides, there could be a sort of Wii U Points system (similar to the classic Wii, but differs slightly) implemented to where extra content could be downloaded in packages by simply purchasing a 15 dollars points card at your local Gamestop, etc. Tie in the fact that it's completely optional and not a means to "fix" the game, and you've got gold.

However, if they do include extra character costume sets in the next title, it wouldn't be a bad idea if they were [free] in-game unlockable extras - this is actually an idea that I mentioned in another thread. I only brought up the idea of implementing DLC if the sheer amount of unlockable content wasn't feasible otherwise.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
This may be a little off topic, but Link's home stage could be the Isle of Songs(After the parasite is gone) It could be on the island where the puzzle is and you can actually hit switches to create platforms on the side of the island. And in the background, the Dragons and Levias could be flying around and he Song of the Hero could play.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't see any of his moves changing really. There's not much that can really do. I think it all comes down to which Link are they going to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom