• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and Zelda's Relationship

With Skyward Sword having these two showing signs of being more than just best friends, it got me curious what Nintendo can do with them. We've seen them as close as possible, from childhood friends to becoming very good friends despite having known each other for a short time, or in Twilight Princess, they're just acquaintances. In Spirit Tracks, she was his companion this time around. In the 3DS and Wii U games we'll be getting, this got me curious about what kind of friendship they'll have. That's where you all come in because I actually got curious. What kind of relationship do YOU all want them to have? Childhood friends o meeting for the first time but grow close during their adventure? Should she in some way fill the role of companion like in Spirit Tracks? Do you want scenes that suggest a deeper connection than friendship like in Skyward Sword?

Oh, wow no posts. but anyway...
I think maybe one time they could be long lost siblings, where Link is unaware but perhaps Zelda is...

I'd like to see a more formal relationship like at the begining of spirit tracks were Link meets Zelda for the first time.

i like link and malon but that want happen so yeah it would be cool if they were together

Impa

Sheikahchu
This is the type of thing that Nintendo is intentionally not touching. Nintendo's leaving Zelink out of their games to leave something to the imagination. If we had a game that included a legitimately directly romantic scene, all would be lost. There'd be no more speculation about it because it's confirmed with one beginning and one ending. I think it's better to leave it be as implied as it is, and leave the direct romance to the fanfiction and fanart creators.

This is the type of thing that Nintendo is intentionally not touching. Nintendo's leaving Zelink out of their games to leave something to the imagination. If we had a game that included a legitimately directly romantic scene, all would be lost. There'd be no more speculation about it because it's confirmed with one beginning and one ending. I think it's better to leave it be as implied as it is, and leave the direct romance to the fanfiction and fanart creators.
^ this. It's left open-ended as an aspect of player choice. Even in Skyward Sword, where it was pretty much painfully obvious that Zelda was in love with Link, Link's side of the relationship was left open, and was even directly controlled by the player through dialogue choices. Some people might get frustrated about that, but I think it's ideal overall.

Perhaps they could do it in one game, like Tiranofarl suggested. I wouldn't mind Nintendo deviating from their standard on it for one game.

With regards to their interactions in future games, though, the main thing is I want Zelda to stay a serious, well-developed character. In many Zelda games her involvement almost doesn't go past "she's the princess". Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword were ideal examples of Zelda mattering to the plot and having her own character development. The Wind Waker was this way too, though to a slightly lesser degree. Whatever interactions they decide to have between Link and Zelda and whatever situations and relationships they decide to give them, I want Zelda to be continuously well-developed, outside of maybe one game once in a while where she's not so important (like Twilight Princess). I would like them to experiment and have unique situations with Link and Zelda in different games though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom