• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Korra: Season 3 - SPOILERS

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
So guys, a few days ago four episodes of The Legend of Korra have been leaked. Because these episodes were leaked Nickelodeon also released the trailer for Book 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0UBbzeFc74

I could resist the urge to watch the episodes because it's not the first four episodes that leaked. I didn't want to waste the season by starting in the middle of it. But what about you guys? Anybody watched it (and if so, please don't spoil :P)? What do you think of the trailer? What would you like to see in season 3?

Sheik

:the:
Hmm, I didn't know there were leaked episodes. I'm not going to watch them for the same reasons you won't.

As for the trailer, there was a lot to take in, and I wasn't really sure what to make of it. I believe we saw Ba Sing Se, so I'm eager to see how that city has changed in the past 70-ish years.

One more thing, perhaps this thread could also be used as a discussion thread, where we talk about our opinions on each episode after we watch it?

By the way, in case you guys didn't know, the third book officially premieres on Nickelodeon next Friday, June 27th at 7 pm EST.

From the footage shown in the trailer, the villains of this season appear to be a group of water, fire, and earth benders. Another point of interest is that everyone appears capable of bending as can be seen with Bumi airbending. My nostalgia chords are also struck with Zuko's return.

This should be a fantastic season. I can't wait.

Mask-Salesman

By the way, in case you guys didn't know, the third book officially premieres on Nickelodeon next Friday, June 27th at 7 pm EST.

I didn't know that! Figured it would take a few months before the release! That's awesome news!

Trailer looked awesome to me as well. The lava bender definetly caught my attention. Was wondering if he would be a fire bender or an earth bender? The long awaited return of Zuko was also awesome, I'm very curious about his roll in the next season.
What I wonder about the most is if Korra will be able to restore the connection with her past selves? I still dislike the idea that this bond was shattered by Vaatu.

Fig

The Altruist
Yes!!! I am very excited for Book 3 for The Legend of Korra. It's going to be great and I'll probably spend all of this week rewatching Books 1 and 2 just for the sake of it. I can't wait for the premiere this upcoming Friday!

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm excited and all, but I don't want to start watching it until I have access to ALL the episodes.
When I watch something, I usually watch it in bulk. It would drive me nuts if I have to wait to see another episode.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Not sure if they'd do it, but maybe do some story about what happened after they beat Ozai and ended the Hundred Year War.

Related question, where would one be able to watch season two?

Thank the gods I can speak/understand Spanish; episodes 3-6 were great. So many new characters and reveals. Bending expansions have never looked better. I can't wait to see episodes 3/1 and 3/2.

Mask-Salesman

I'm excited and all, but I don't want to start watching it until I have access to ALL the episodes.
When I watch something, I usually watch it in bulk. It would drive me nuts if I have to wait to see another episode.

I'm like the exact opposite. I can't wait all those weeks for the season to end, knowing that there are already episodes available. Plus, the chance to come in contact with spoilers is much bigger in your way. Especially if you have friends who watch the series as well, or if you spend a lot of time on the internet. I really can't wait until friday!

Mask-Salesman

Before I start, is it possible for a moderator of this forum to change the title of the thread? Something like "Legend of Korra Season 3 - SPOILERS"

So, I've just watched the first two episodes of the new season. SPOILER ALERT!!

I absolutely love the shift of balance they have introduced in the new season. It starts of with Bumi being able to airbend! Now even non-benders can be able to bend. I'm really curious how this is possible and what it has to do with Harmonic Convergence. I also really liked the introduction of the new villain Zaheer. He seems extremely badass and I was amazed how he was able to master airbending so fast. Bumi has got the same gift but he has to try really hard to bend.

Episode 2 was even better. Zuko is back, yay! I also really like the new character Kai. I think he will play a big role in this season. Then there is the earthbender Ghazan, who is able to lava-bend! His escape looked awesome. The fightscenes in Korra are some of the best I've ever seen in an anime. And what's next? Yes sir, an armless waterbender! Ming-Hua seemed really evil and it was kinda freaky to see how she used water bending to replace limbs. I can't wait for more! I'm downloading episode 3 as we speak!

So, what did you guys think?

My sporadic and censored thoughts after watching the first 3 episodes:
Yeah! Out of Republic City and on an another adventure all over the world (though by the looks of it it seems like they're stuck in the Earth Kingdom for quite some time)

Korra and Azami are finally bonding yes this is good.

Kai is precious baby, he's the first character I really like so far. The new villains all look cool too.

Of course, as soon as we're done with the whole Azami x Mako x Korra drama they have to drag Kai and Jinora into the mess ughughughhh. JUST BECAUSE A NEW CHARACTER IS INTRODUCED DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO START UP ANOTHER ROMANCE JUST -- WHY

bUT ZUKO. ZUZU THE PRECIOUS DORK IS BACK. ELEVATOR SCENE IS THE BEST. please let him team up with korra and kick more butt i need more zuko

aaaand the Earth Monarch is terrible again absolutely fantastic

Mask-Salesman

So, I've just finished watching episodes 4 and 5!

Episode 4 starts off awesome with loads of action. The prisonbreak scene is beautifully animated and looks awesome. I was excited to see Zuko in action again, but kinda disappointed that he seemed so old. I'd imagined him to be one of the most powerfull firebenders, but Zaheer and his gang owned the good guys like they were nothing. It should be interesting to see how an avatar state Korra deals with these guys. Kai is really growing on me too. He seems to be an awesome character. The prison break was pretty good. I think the Earth Queen will have some way of revenge because of this.

Episode 5 was a little less interesting. I loved the setting they used in the episode however. The Metalclan city is some of the most beautifull places the series has shown us so far! I'm extremely curious what Beifong is hiding and why she still holds her grudge against her family. Zaheer infiltrating in the air temple was awesome too, Kya really stepped up. The fight was action packed but way too short!

Can't wait for the next episodes!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
***IMPORTANT UPDATE***

Korra will no longer be airing on Nickelodeon, but is however moving to some form of digital distribution. From what I've seen/heard, you should still be able to watch it on the website, as well as other sites such as Hulu (I don't remember reading anything about Netflix though). The reason for this is because of poor viewership, or so I've heard. More information will be revealed at Comic Con.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...odes?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

tumblr_n96w0vWrYX1rptk5lo1_1280-720x1308.jpg

This season has been superb thus far, and they've made an excellent comeback from that atrocious pack of garbage we got called "Book 2". It's nice to see that we've got decent villains, and I'm hoping they'll either defeat or come very close to defeating Korra (otherwise I'll be rather disappointed). I'm also happy that Mako and Korra don't look like they'll get back together, though I'm still wary about Mako and Asami.

Bolin and Opal look so cute, holy crap!!! <3 My favorite episode thus far has been "Old Wounds", because I love anything involving any Beifong (particularly Lin). We got to see past Beifong, and I pretty much screamed the entire time because she's so cute was very excited to see what her past was like. And she has a sister from another mister!! YOU GO, TOPH!!

Also Kai and Jinora are so canon, and I would love to see a rebel Jinora with tattoos. ;)

I'm still up to date with the episodes, though I'm a little sad that Book 4 will ultimately be the series' final book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom