• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Left-Handed Option? Should There Be One...

Left-handed Option? Should there be one...

• Nah, it'd be difficult/expensive to make two versions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't really matter, either way

• Yes! How will the lefties play it without it?

• Total voters
maybe they will release a left handed version of the game after this one comes out... leftys buy the left handed game, rightys by the right handed game. Although, that would make borrowing difficult... :/

P

Pgpaw3

I'm i righty so it wouldn't affect me much but they should put one in for easy playing

Uh... no. They wouldn't need to mirror everything this time. They would just need left-version animations for Link.

This is true. They could easily flip Link's animations this time around, but they are just as stubborn as always. If they do put in a lefty mode, I just hope they don't flip the whole game again. That is ridiculous.

This whole thing wont effect me, and probably wont effect lefties too much either. I'm not sure what the big deal is because I've played TP left handed. It wasn't too hard for me.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Where has it been stated that there won't be a Lefty mode? Like various others have mentioned, all you'd have to do is flip the display. Which is very easy to program and doesn't take that much space.
SWS still doesn't even have a release date, so it's far from impossible that they'll include such a Lefty Mode.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Where has it been stated that there won't be a Lefty mode? Like various others have mentioned, all you'd have to do is flip the display. Which is very easy to program and doesn't take that much space.
SWS still doesn't even have a release date, so it's far from impossible that they'll include such a Lefty Mode.
In response to this, I've merged these two threads. Aonuma's quote is in the OP. I do agree somewhat with your last statement, but from what Aonuma says, a lefty mode would mean either two games or less actual content on one disc to make room for the extra models.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Thanks for the merge. I hadn't seen that Aonuma quote before. So I guess it's official then? Hmmm... I guess we'll see. Did any left-handed player have that big a problem with Twilight Princess on the Wii?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, definately. It'd be much easier for the left-handed people. Now, they can still play Skyward Sword, as it's not that difficult with a Wii remote, but it would benefit them greatly. And it wouldn't be difficult to do, as it would just be a flip, not an entirely new version. It'd take a little longer to come out, but it'd take less time than it did to transfer Twilight Princess to the Wii, as that required actual control changes. And new ideas were invented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom