• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Led Zeppelin

Amelie

Air Dancer
I found a few CDs of this band a few days ago and I really like them. Stairway to heaven is a great song ^^ I seem to always like these british bands for some reason...

What does everyone else think of this band? What are your favorite songs and albums? ^^

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!

I want to buy the Zeppelin Box set, but right now I've just been pirat--- uhhh... finding them. :)

Here's my Zep library so far.
BBC Sessions
-Traveling Riverside Blues*
-Hey Hey What Can I Do?*
Led Zeppelin
-Babe I'm Gonna Leave You*
-Communication Breakdown*
-Dazed and Confused*
-Good Times Bad Times
Led Zeppelin II
-Bring it on Home*
-Ramble On*
-Whole Lotta Love***
-What Is and What Should Never Be***
-Heartbreaker*
-Living Loving Maid*
-Moby Dick
-Thank You
Led Zeppelin III
-Gallow's Pole
-Immigrant Song
Led Zeppelin IV
-Black Dog*
-Going to California*
-Misty Mountain Hop
-Rock and Roll*
-When the Levee Breaks*
-Stairway to Heaven*
Physical Graffiti
-Kashmir
-The Wanton Song
Houses of the Holy
-Houses of the Holy
-D'yer Mak'er
-Dancing Days
-No Quarter
-The Ocean
-Over the Hills and Far Away*
Presence
-Achilles' Last Stand
-Nobody's Fault but Mine*
In Through the Out Door
-Fool in the Rain

Not a song in this library I don't love, but I asterisked what I feel are their best songs, and I triple asterisked my personal favs.

Also, Stone Temple Pilots do a great cover of 'Dancing Days', and Tool does a great cover of 'No Quarter'.

P.S.~ I wish more girls that I knew liked Led Zeppelin. Out of all of them, you're the first. lol

T

Twilight_Link10

Led Zeplin RULZ Stairway to Heaven Is AWSOME and my fav is MOBY DICK

A

AeroCanyon

Fav Band

I do like Led Zepplin, But AeroSmith Is my all-time Favorite Band, FREAK YEAH!!!:sword::eek:carina:<3:zelda::fairy::bottle::eek:ctorok::boomerang:

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Aerosmith is essentially what Led Zeppelin would have been had they lived in America and been ten years younger.

Aerosmith is amazin'!
(Led Zeppelin still rules.)

Amelie

Air Dancer
For some reason I cant compare Aerosmith with Led Zeppelin... but then again... I cant say that I have heard very much Aerosmith.. they just dont sound similar to me. I will have to look them up to be sure though ^^

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
They sound nothing alike, but each of their band members is a master at their respective instruments, and their lead singers are astounding.

They also draw their inspirations heavily from blues.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Oh I see. Yes that makes since ^^ Thankies for explaining that. I will have to look them up and see if I like them. I have only heard a few songs by them I think...

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
LZ is one of my all time favourite bands. Jimmy Page is amazing.

Some of my favourite songs:

-Immigrant Song
-Fool in the Rain
-Black Dog
-Ramble On
-Living Loving Maid
-Communication Breakdown
-Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
-Rock and Roll
-D'yer Mak'er

LOVE THEM.

By the way, NEVER compare Zep to Aerosmith, ever. LZ is far superior than Aerosmith.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Zeppelin is amazing, one of my favorite bands, they would have probably kept making music together as LED Zeppelin if John Bonham didn't die in 1980 -_-........................

If you love Zeppelin you probably love Aerosmith they are both great, but I like Whitesnake better than Aerosmith..... But Zeppelin is held at a very high place in my opinion.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I like them a lot, though I'm not completely infatuated with them. One song I love by them that doesn't get much attention is Battle of Evermore (I love mandolins). It's kinda the 'forgotten' song on side 1 of Zep IV being surrounded by Black Dog, Rock & Roll, and Stairway which are among their best known songs.

Led Zeppelin is definitely a solid band. Every member unique at what they do and also extremely creative. John Bonham is one of my favorite drummers. I am more of a fan of their earlier, bluesier work, but I also like their later music as well. Some of my favorite by them are "How Many More Times" and "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"

I've been a HUGE Zeppelin fan for years now... Mothership was my first album (even though I probably hate compilation albums as much as they did). It was actually my brother's who had gotten it from a friend, but I found it and completely fell in love with it. I bought The Song Remains the Same a year later, and was given the complete Box Set as a gift from this weird old lady from my church, which was kinda funny now that I think about it because I was only going to church in the first place because I was being forced to, I absolutely hated it. Blessing in disguise, as the religious would say. Anyway, the following year I bought How the West was Won, which was a really amazing live record, but TSRTS sort of towers over it, so it tends to be overlooked. I love every song I've ever heard from this band, and there's still so many tracks I don't know about. Truly and AMAZING group of musicians!!!

Last edited:
L

Lighthouse

I found a few CDs of this band a few days ago and I really like them. Stairway to heaven is a great song ^^ I seem to always like these british bands for some reason...

What does everyone else think of this band? What are your favorite songs and albums? ^^

Led Zeppelin is, without a doubt, one of the best bands of all time. Only a fool would question it.

Also, British band, back in the 60's and 70's era, were usually the best bands. So, don't feel weird if your attracted to only British Bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom