• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Wind Waker is childish, and yet some people say it is better than OoT. It's better than most games, but compared to other Zelda games and it's popularity it sinks. The sailing is tedious, the animation is ridiculous, the challenges give you little, and the story is confusing.

I somewhat agree with you except for story. What was confusing? It seemed pretty simple to me--unless you're talking about the timeline or overall consistency.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well. . .

I never felt I knew exactly what I was aiming for like I did in the other games. The story just felt like I was doing tasks without any real meaning until much later in the game.

My least favorite is Twilight Princess. Yes it pushes the story, Yes the soundtrack is amazing. It's just SO BORING! Seriously, the game has a slow beginning for one, the world is lifeless, the dungeons are to easy to figure out, there is one tricky heart piece the rest are just thrown at you, It feels like a clone of OOT (which feels like a LTTP Clone, but that's not the Point.) And it's trying to hard to be dark. Trust me in a fight between which Zelda Game is darker, I still think Majora's Mask wins to this day. The only reason I respect TP is the fact that it's a VERY important Story to the Timeline on the Child Side.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My least favorite is Twilight Princess. Yes it pushes the story, Yes the soundtrack is amazing. It's just SO BORING! Seriously, the game has a slow beginning for one, the world is lifeless, the dungeons are to easy to figure out, there is one tricky heart piece the rest are just thrown at you, It feels like a clone of OOT (which feels like a LTTP Clone, but that's not the Point.) And it's trying to hard to be dark. Trust me in a fight between which Zelda Game is darker, I still think Majora's Mask wins to this day. The only reason I respect TP is the fact that it's a VERY important Story to the Timeline on the Child Side.

...Normally I'd debate you on quality, but your last comment just baffled me. TP's story holds no importance at all. It's pretty much just filler for the series.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I haven't played all the Zelda games yet but of the ones I've played, I'd probably say Spirit Tracks. While there were things I really liked about the game such as the charm and humor, the Take 'Em All On, and some clever puzzles, the things I didn't like about it were annoying enough that I won't likely replay it. I didn't have a problem with the train itself but train travel was just too slow, even with warps. The dungeons, although they had some good puzzles and boss fights, lacked the sense of atmosphere that games like OoT and TP excelled in. My biggest complaint is probably the controls themselves. They were difficult to get used to and caused needless frustration. Take the spirit flute, for example. It was just so damn picky as to whether or not your performance was acceptable. The stylus controls could be awkward too. The sand wand for example was a really good item in concept but frustrating to actually use. It was too difficult to create a wall of sand that Link or the Phantom could walk across before it just crumbled again. It was also awkward to have to keep switching between Link and the Phantom all the time.

H

Hylia's Consort

My least favorite zelda game would have to be The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I can't choose between the two but it is not because they are bad games. I hate the touch screen controls. They should have just made use of the buttons and not the touch screen. It is not comfortable to play and I have issues with the way the controls play out. If they would have done it like ocarina of time 3d, not saying that they needed all of the stuff it has, i would just like to be able to control link with the d pad and buttons to slash. They should at least have given you a choice to use the buttons instead of the touch screen.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Well of the ones I've played I'd say AoL. I'm all for Zelda being hard... but there are extremes. And AoL was an extreme. Also I just didn't enjoy playing it. I can legitimately say it is the one Zelda title I do not like.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Come one! Come all! We all have a game to hate! It's too stupid, too short, too long, too easy, too hard, too dark, too childish, too hyped, too weird, or too generic. What's your least favorite Zelda game and why? (Canon games only)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword is my least favorite Zelda game as of now. It's too...bleh. I don't want to go into the details, so I'll leave a rudimentary list:
- Too easy
- Too simplistic
- Too overhyped (my fault)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Wind Waker is so hyped and so beloved. Some say it is the best Zelda game ever. I cannot disagree more:

1.It turned Zelda into a poorly animated cartoon. I mean just imagine if that game retooled to the OoT graphics style. It would look so great, but we didn't get that; did we? We got the stupidest looking graphics style a home console Zelda title has ever received. I am hopeful that the WWHD graphics will live up to their mission and look much better.

2.The sailing is so boring. It's been said a million times, but that sailing is just soooo long. I mean I'd actually set my ship on a course, go make a sanwhich, and come back before I reached my destination. That's simply inexcusable in a game this action-oriented. The sailing just isn't that well-used a mechanic.

3. The fact that it lacks the epic feel of Ocarina of Time. The music is excellent, and so is the layout of some areas. The characters, race changes, and the simple depiction of a rotted OoT world just don't feel as good as the previous game. The ending makes it feel like the entire world of Hyrule is being left behind. I'm just so glad that treachery of stories didn't permanently affect the Zelda universe.

This is a great game, but it just doesn't live up to other console titles

i dont know, i'm torn on a few of them; i really dislike Phantom Hourglass because it made a mockery of Wind Waker (and ST didn't do much better) and it has the Temple of the Ocean King which is just frustrating as hell. But then there is Skyward Sword, a game which disappointed me on every single level after a five year wait in which time i had played two awful handheld Zelda titles... So i dont know which one i dislike the least they're both pretty big offenders in my book.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3. The fact that it lacks the epic feel of Ocarina of Time. The music is excellent, and so is the layout of some areas. The characters, race changes, and the simple depiction of a rotted OoT world just don't feel as good as the previous game. The ending makes it feel like the entire world of Hyrule is being left behind. I'm just so glad that treachery of stories didn't permanently affect the Zelda universe.

Well I'm not one to disagree with what you like/dislike, but why should TWW have the feel of OoT? TWW is a separate game from OoT entirely.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, there's already a thread about this, but... I'm pretty sure my answer is outdated, so I might as well.

I hate to say it, but it's gotta be The Wind Waker for me. I used to love the game, but every subsequent playthrough has made me enjoy it less and less to the point that I just like it now. That's not terribly offensive, as I still actively enjoy playing it (except the sailing parts, as there's not even any gameplay involved), but it's a borderline fall from grace as I only LIKE it rather than LOVE it. Being a Zelda game, that makes me kind of sad. I would love to be able to look past the sailing and ridiculous ease & simplicity, but they're such pervasive factors of the game that they significantly hinder the overall experience. Even Twilight Princess with its massive amount of flaws doesn't bother me as much (although that's largely due to the fact that they're all minor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom