• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

link lego64

Link's Awakening: Kolohint Prison. it's scary. Ive read about it, i havent played it...
I'm grateful for the latter fact.

it's on the URL in my sig

R

Ramsta09

I dislike spirit tracks because it's so hard to use the spirit flute.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

D

DaveAndersmith

Why in the name of Hylia is everyone hating on wind waker? That's my Second favorite Zelda of all time!!!! I loved the artstyle and the storytelling, I didn't mind the sailing too much, and it had the best gameplay of the controller-based zeldas. Now PH was a COMPLETELY different story. I hated the graphics, the gameplay was awful and the story had almost no plot twists if you thought about it for a couple seconds after learning about the Sea god guy and the three fairies.I will admit, Linebeck was good comic relief, but that was basically the highlight of the game. LINEBECK. Ugh, how I loathe that game. And the freakin temple of the ocean King was, well, annoying. Almost as annoying as Kaepora Gaebora.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
for me, i would have to say phantom hourglass. just couldnt get into it that much, then id say spirit tracks and ww. yeah.

B

ButterBaker

For the canon ones in the timeline, it would be a tie with Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Adventure of Link.

The first two games I listed aren't bad, in fact, I like them. But PH lacks the charm that the Zelda games have, feeling more like a third party game than Nintendo. Spirit Tracks, I never got past the flute introduction. I was playing on a DS Lite, so that may be the problem.

Do I need to say anything about Adventure of Link?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not sure, my way of thinking about Zelda is still changing to this day...with my recent change of heart, Skyward Sword is beginning to lose points with me. However, the definite worst experiences I've played thus far has got to be Majora's Mask (my experience with MM wasn't all that great, I'm sure it is an amazing Zelda game but...well I didn't enjoy it) and Oracle of Seasons (I'm not too good with the action, I prefer Ages). That's not to say those are my least favorite titles; I'm still thinking about them right now. I just had the worst experiences with MM and OoS.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Anyone who knows me on these forums knows my least favorite Zelda game is easily Twilight Princess. I simply hate many aspects of it, especially the characters. Midna is at the top of that list. I don't care how nice she became by the end, she was a rude, slave-driving, manipulative little imp from the moment you met her, and I never forgave her for that. She ruined the game for me, And so did Ganondorf. He ruined Zant, whom I liked a lot until the game went "LOLNOPE THE MAIN VILLAIN IS ACTUALLY GANON WE TRICKED YOU" and turned Zant into an insane puppet. That ruined the game even more for me. Really, Nintendo, that was a poor choice.

masterSword2

Smile!
AoL is my personal least favorite game because to me, it didn't feel like a Zelda game, and secondly I didn't find playing it fun. The only reason I got it was to play more games in the series, and I was kind of dissapointed that I didn't like it a little more.

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
I've played OoT, TP, SS, OoS, OoA, MC, MM, ALttP, and my least favourite is Minish Cap. It just has the least draw to me. I don't like the graphical style of it, the normal/minish shrink feature is nowhere near as good as the other games' features (light/dark world, present/future). The game is far too easy...I could go on...

AoL. I didn't enjoy it all that much. It's really hard and when I finally beat it I was sure I wouldn't want to play it again, so I ended up selling it.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
*SPOILER!*
-----------
my least favourate Zelda game would be LA because the story is so annoying
They kept saying the whole game about you're just a fiction in somebody's dream over and over again and is just really vague
----------------
*SPOILER END!*

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
My least favorite not counting adventure of link, which won't count cause its not really even a zelda game its like some sort of weird RPG that features link, would be Twilight Princess.

Yes Twilight Princess, don't get me wrong the game had amazing art and beautiful music, as far as that goes that games is the best in the series, minus skyward sword which i can't attest to because I haven't had a chance to play it yet (not owning a Wii makes that hard)

Why hate it then you might ask?
The story, the gameplay, the puzzles, the bosses.

The story was fine enough, it wasn't anything epic, but some parts of it just ruined the whole thing beyond being able to consider it ok/ good for me. For one midna wouldn't let me transform into my wolf or out of if it in front of people, seriously how much trouble and pain could have have avoided by being like, hey look at what i can do guys, at least amongst his friends they wouldn't try to hurt him or nothing. The tragic obscurity of his deeds unseen, i can respect that in its own right, but I hated how no one noticed the giant magical barriers all over the country, and how they had no memory of anything that happened. I hated that ganon was apparently the main bad guy, but they don't even mention him untill the last hour of the game. YOU DON"T DO THAT. There is no sense of epicness and lead up, when you just slip a character in at the last moment. And links childhood sweet heart, bothered me too, in that link doesn't talk, but no one would explain to her who Link was to her, so that just furthers the tragic obscurity part of everything.

Gameplay, I hated the parts as the wolf, the combat as the wolf was just plain unfun. And the worst part of the wolf, was those stupid lets go find some magic light bugs when we first enter an area, it was tedious annoying, and felt more like an attempt to pad out the length of the game. And to mention how stupid it was at the parts where midna for no apparent reason, allows link to jump super distances, and yet other places aren't passable or require an item to get past first.

The puzzles, I seriously only got stuck once in the entire game, and you wanna know where that was? The water temple, and why? Not because of the puzzles or figuring out the water at all, that was pretty easy, no I thought i needed a normal key to get past that one door leading to the boss, and I didn't look close enough to see it was the boss door and i already had the key, so i went back to all the chests everywhere to find a key. The puzzles in this game, weren't puzzles.

The bosses, were way way too easy. I loved how grandiose they were, I really did, but when its as easy as shoot the eye go stab it, repeat, or hookshot, stab, repeat. Grab chain trip stab, repeat. To the point where the bosses didn't even try to protect their weaknesses, and even if you did get hit, all the bosses did like half a heart of damage, so there were less of a threat then the normal monsters thru the rest of the dungeon.

Now as far as the art of the game, it was top notch, but I feel twilight princess was just a huge let down to me in so many other ways that mattered.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
i hated legend of link because of the view and the difficulty. thats all. I was going to say four swords because of the hard way to set up. but at least when it is set up it works very well and the graphics are very good. legend of link is bad in all ways. i have seen worse games, though. that is the only zelda game that i could say as bad, because it stands out from other zelda games.

D

Din

My least favorite game by far would be Skyward Sword. In my opinion, the game didn't provide the same zelda
feel like the other games did. It did look pretty though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom