• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well, my least favorite was AoL I just didn't like the way it played whatsoever. Most of the Zelda games are ok-I mean, they all got their moments.

The one I also didn't like was TP, don't get me wrong it's still a fantastic game, but at some point it just fell very dull and boring. and I also hate how the Wii fanboys(Or the 12 year old kids or n00bs that have only played one or two Zeldas) obsess over it and treat it like it's the holly grail of the series.

Talking about those kids, whenever I see hating on the CD-i games I just want to jank my hair out, Why?!? Because they haven't played it at all, What happened to play before critic? I played when I was like 6 and I found it quite enjoyable.(Lynch me.)

As you can see I can't hate on the games but some of these persons are what get into my nerves sometimes...

It's really hard to say which one is my least favorite, actually its not, but the fact that I liked all the ones I played makes me want to not say anything at all. Out of all the Zelda games I've played, I would have to say OoT.
I really cannot explain why it's my least favorite, it's really just that I found the other games much more interesting. Another thing that could be it is just the fact that I got into the series late, starting at Twilight Princess. I'm pretty sure that if I got the game at the time of its release, then it most likely would have been higher in my ranks, but definitely not first. Also, don't hate me for this, but I am one of those who see it overrated.

Last edited:
PH, I found bellum to an very lame "villain" also the most of the "music" was quite repetitive spare a few tracks. Along with the Temple of the ocean king and no-brainer puzzles. I think it cannot stand up to its pequal, Wind Waker.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
...... Just a quick comment by me, the thread starter.

I LOVED WW! It's my 4th favorite Zelda game, and that's high on my list. I just don't understand why you all hate it. Sure the sailing was long and tedius. Didn't you hate having to start aaaaaaaall the way back at North Castle in AoL?

And also, I agree with the few of you that pointed out things in TP. It's one of my least favorite Zeldas too.

Oh, and Pocket Asian. Uhhhh it's not healthy for someone to say that, just because EVERYONE has OoT in their top 3. It's my 2nd, and I just don't think it's smart to say you hat OoT on a Zelda Forum. You could get pounded. Not by me though, cause you didn't dis MM :D

...... Just a quick comment by me, the thread starter.

I LOVED WW! It's my 4th favorite Zelda game, and that's high on my list. I just don't understand why you all hate it. Sure the sailing was long and tedius. Didn't you hate having to start aaaaaaaall the way back at North Castle in AoL?

And also, I agree with the few of you that pointed out things in TP. It's one of my least favorite Zeldas too.

Oh, and Pocket Asian. Uhhhh it's not healthy for someone to say that, just because EVERYONE has OoT in their top 3. It's my 2nd, and I just don't think it's smart to say you hat OoT on a Zelda Forum. You could get pounded. Not by me though, cause you didn't dis MM :D
Well, first of all, who said I hated it? I didn't say that I hate it, I just said that I found the other games more interesting. And just because OoT is low in my ranks doesn't give people the right the bash on me. Plus I'm smart enough to just say that its not my favorite, if I tried to get a long winded rant going on it, then I definitely would have made myself sound very stupid.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I never said I or anyone on here would bash you. (we're good people here) I just thought that, alot of people over obsess about it being awesome and would just get offended. I don't think that anyone on here would. And I might do something close to bash you if you, or anyone on here, insulted MM :mad:

Hey, hey, chill people. Let's not threaten bashing. o_O

We'll probably run into trouble anyway if we start criticizing others' choices of least favorite game. Bringing them up and discussing them, sure, but saying you feel they are wrong won't go anywhere because it's all opinion.

ForceGems, neither of us said we hated the game. I outright stated I thought really highly of it. It's all good. :)

Anyway, again, I haven't played all the games. If I had, I suspect my least favorite would be a lot different. I've played neither PH or ST, nor AoL like you mentioned, so I can't make a decision on them. ;)

Austin

Austin
Honestly, I can see why Wind Waker might have been a number of people's least favorite Zelda, but it's really a mistake to rate any of the 3D titles so low. Not only does Phantom Hourglass magnify all of its conceptual flaws, but it also takes several steps backward in difficulty, dungeon design, art direction, music, and control, all on top of reducing the amount of areas and content. Anybody who legitimately hated WW had no reason to hate it more than PH.

The reason I rank WW below PH is because the latter was an experiment of sorts. It was the first Zelda game on the DS and had several entirely new features, so it was bound to make mistakes. Before you point out the fact that WW had many new concepts as well, I'd just like to point out the difference between the introduction of new gameplay mechanics and the introduction of an entirely different input system. And PH did make some improvements of WW, imo. For one, you no longer had to pull out the Wind Waker everytime you wanted to sail in a different direction. That bothered me to no end, as if it weren't bad enough that WW completely ignored basic sail physics. While you no longer had immediate and precise control over the movement of the boat, you didn't have to stop everytime you wanted to use your cannon. That alone made sailing so much more enjoyable.

And I actually like the Temple of the Ocean King, despite all rational thinking.

I'm going to have to say the Adventure of Link. It's just too hard. Beating the bad guys takes forever, I die 10x before i can kill anything. There is no way to beat the game without dying 30x...I just don't know why they made killing the enemies so hard. I like it when the games emphasize the problem solving aspect of zelda, and down play the amount of killing that link does. in AoL, There aren't as many puzzels.

I'm not a fan of the points that you have to collect from killing enemies to increase your health meter, magic meter, ect. And, yes, I am going to complain about the side-scrolling view.

The story line of AoL sucks too. Its a different Zelda and a different Link? And who's the guy who put her to sleep? I don't get it.

I loved LoZ. Nintendo should have stuck to their guns and did something similar to the original

Mute

一員
I haven't played Phantom Hourglass, so I'm not going to worry about it. However, my least favourite would have to be Minish Cap. I'm not entirely sure why I don't like it, I've tried multiple times to get through it but stop around the second dungeon. I've noticed that when I play it, I tend to get really frustrated with it for some reason, I don't really know why because it's not really that hard. I'd love to actually sit down and play all the way through it, though. Until then, I'll have to keep it as my least favourite.

K

Kokirikid

OMG it has to be ph and st for me... I really like them both but I hated the LONG boat trips and the LONG train rides and if I forgot something like a small part of a side quest I would have to take another LONG boat/train ride all... the way... effing... back. I mean, how the **** did Nintendo think THAT would be fun??? Plus they are just way too happy and skippy through the daisy feildsy for me, zelda games are about saving the world from evil and distruction for chirsts sake! I do actually like windwaker though... strangely lol :P.

I also have to agree with MalonMaverick1, the Adventure of Link was mega fun but the enimies were way to hard! I can't decide if the mega easy enimies in ph/st or the really hard ones in aol are worse.

loved them all but just has to be phantom hourglass for that godforsaken temple of the ocean king

also im playing through minish cap andjust cant beat it, not cos of difficulty just cos it keeps putting me fof, have no idea what but just doesnt suck me in as uch as any other zelda game

What is the Least Liked Zelda? The Weakest in the Series?

Yesterday I was at Frank and Son's (a collector's show in City of Industry) and I was finally able to get a copy of Four Swords Adventures.
(In case anyone is wondering, I'm beat the first boss and don't ask me my thoughts until I finished it)
The guy who sold it to me says it hard to come by because everyone wants a copy. This confused because I thought, due to its poor sales, it was either this one or Zelda II that are the least liked Zelda games. This got me curious and now I want ask everyone else. What do you think is the weakest or least liked in the Zelda series? State your reason why and let's hear you.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't like the oracle games very much. Even though I've tried them both, I just can't get into them. I find them boring and uninspired. Just my opinion, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom