• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Boutta head to bed, Monday in the books
FnMv4zKaEAMxEw9

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
damn thats rough dude, is it for the leukemia in particular?

i will be heading to bed myself as well.
Oh no, I don't have leukemia, I have lymphoma.

Here's the story of how I found out.

My wife thinks I have too much of an independence streak, so I moved an amp at an awkward angle, so I didn't have proper support when I lifted it. Mind you, it was a tube amp, which are way heavier than typical amplifiers. I felt some tenderness during the practice, but something I could ignore because I have a high pain tolerance.

Next couple of days, it felt more like a pulled muscle near around my lower back and right buttock. Annoying, but manageable and something I could ignore and deal with. Well, I had plans to go bowling with my bandmates, so I got my bowling balls ready (I did varsity bowling in high school, so I was excited to go bowling).

Now, I thought, "Maybe I should stretch so I don't ruin anything." Apparently, I overdid my stretching, and made the issue worse. It was so bad that I woke up every 2 hours wincing in pain. My wife decided to take me to the emergency room, to find out what I did and to stabilize everything.

Well, one CT scan found that I did have a slipped disc, but they noticed an enlarged lymph node, which had them concerned, so they decided to get another one but this time with a contrast to see my blood vessels more clearly.

We were initially hopeful that it was just inflamed for whatever reason, and we were hoping it wasn't lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymphatic system, the system that makes new white blood cells.

Well, turns out that the contrast shows that a lot of my lymph nodes are inflamed, even ones around my liver, but no growths or tumors as of yet. So the doctor said this looks like lymphoma, and referred me to an oncologist for a biopsy to determine that for sure, and if it is, where I am and what treatments would work the best.

The appointment's this Thursday, which I had to tell a band that wanted me to audition to sing for them that I have two doctor's appointments that day. They were understanding, because it was a band that has some close friends in it, so they were understanding.

Anyhow, leukemia and lymphoma are sorta related, but leukemia is far more deadly and nasty than lymphoma is.

The doctor said it's fortunate that I slipped a disc and found out this way, instead of a seizure or something else equally horrifying.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Oh no, I don't have leukemia, I have lymphoma.

Here's the story of how I found out.

My wife thinks I have too much of an independence streak, so I moved an amp at an awkward angle, so I didn't have proper support when I lifted it. Mind you, it was a tube amp, which are way heavier than typical amplifiers. I felt some tenderness during the practice, but something I could ignore because I have a high pain tolerance.

Next couple of days, it felt more like a pulled muscle near around my lower back and right buttock. Annoying, but manageable and something I could ignore and deal with. Well, I had plans to go bowling with my bandmates, so I got my bowling balls ready (I did varsity bowling in high school, so I was excited to go bowling).

Now, I thought, "Maybe I should stretch so I don't ruin anything." Apparently, I overdid my stretching, and made the issue worse. It was so bad that I woke up every 2 hours wincing in pain. My wife decided to take me to the emergency room, to find out what I did and to stabilize everything.

Well, one CT scan found that I did have a slipped disc, but they noticed an enlarged lymph node, which had them concerned, so they decided to get another one but this time with a contrast to see my blood vessels more clearly.

We were initially hopeful that it was just inflamed for whatever reason, and we were hoping it wasn't lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymphatic system, the system that makes new white blood cells.

Well, turns out that the contrast shows that a lot of my lymph nodes are inflamed, even ones around my liver, but no growths or tumors as of yet. So the doctor said this looks like lymphoma, and referred me to an oncologist for a biopsy to determine that for sure, and if it is, where I am and what treatments would work the best.

The appointment's this Thursday, which I had to tell a band that wanted me to audition to sing for them that I have two doctor's appointments that day. They were understanding, because it was a band that has some close friends in it, so they were understanding.

Anyhow, leukemia and lymphoma are sorta related, but leukemia is far more deadly and nasty than lymphoma is.

The doctor said it's fortunate that I slipped a disc and found out this way, instead of a seizure or something else equally horrifying.
oh, i couldnt quite remember the name of what you mentioned and just let autocorrect finish the job for me haha. thats quite a story though, who wouldve thought a slipped disc could be such a blessing. im no cancer expert, but no growths yet is hopefully a sign that youre in just the early stages. best of luck with everything man!!

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I absolutely love this official artwork Capcom made of Ace Attorney

359-E484-E-82-E0-4-A4-E-A436-CBDBFABA7-DB3.jpg

The expressions, inclusion of so many of the characters from the main line and Great Ace Attorney series and the parallels the GAA and mainline games have, the artstyle artstyle, the way it captures ever character so well, it’s perfect

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom