• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen

The game is on!
The land of Britannia has suffered much unrest since the Vikings arrived on their shores many years ago. These days the Danelaw occupies nearly half the land and is completely Norse territory. Conflicts between the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings continue, making life on the island a challenge for everyone.

One day in April, in the year 878, an unlikely group of people meet in Lichfield, Mercia. Each person has their own background, struggles, and dreams. For one reason or another they have a need to team up. The story that follows depends on these characters and their drive to achieve their goals alongside one another.

Name: -
Faith: -
Appearance: -
Skills: -
Backstory: -
Character Song: -

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Name: Ragnar Drageson
Faith: Norse Pagan
Appearance:
images

Skills: Woodcarving, War, Herbalism
Backstory: There are few who do not quiver at the name of Ragnar Drageson. A stout and brutal warrior from the Viking Hordes. Many have fell to his Axe, and many still his fists. After years of so much bloodshed and so much pain caused and given, Ragnar’s battle was not just outside but within. That is when he met a british woman named Rebecca. He saw her and the battle stopped inside for a moment. He brought her flowers, and spoke to her kindly. They had even made plans to wed, But in the end it was Rebecca who suffered as Vikings desecrated her father’s home and herself, leaving her dead. Ragnar was beside himself in anger. If he was there to protect her, maye she would have lived. The rage returned. But this time he opted for isolation and the peaceful life. The Son of the Dragon slept, and only Ragner remained, in tune with the Nature around him.
Personality Song

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Gabriella

Faith: Christianity

Appearance: Brown hair and blue eyes. She usually keeps her hair in a ponytail. Her height is slightly on the shorter side.
Gabriella.jpeg

Skills: Farming, animal handling, sleight of hand.

Backstory: Born February 3rd, 863. Gabriella grew up in a farming village in Mercia, slightly east of Lichfield. Throughout her upbringing her mother and father would pass the Christian teachings onto Gabriella and her siblings. The religion and all its aspects became a major part of Gabriella’s life as she did her best to please her parents and live according to the Bible’s every word. Ever since she was a kid she would help out with the farm work, so these days she’s quite capable at handling farm animals and working in the wheat fields.

A month ago, during a trip to Lichfield, Gabriella spotted a silver bracelet at the market. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever laid eyes on, but it was far too expensive for her to afford. Right as they were leaving to go home - in a thoughtless spur of the moment - Gabriella managed to snatch the silver bracelet without anyone noticing, and conceal it under her robes. It was a thrilling rush unlike anything she had ever felt before. As soon as they got back home she found a place at the edge of the village where she hid the bracelet underneath some stones. She knew she couldn’t show it off to anyone, so she would have to store the bracelet there. It fit perfectly around her wrist, so it pained her to have to leave the bracelet in the hiding spot.

Every day Gabriella would make time to go look at the bracelet at its hiding spot, and more and more as time went by she would start to see the gravity of her sin. Her father would always tell her that sinners are the worst kinds of people in the world and that they deserve to be punished. Her mother had told her that sinners go to Hell, a dark and unholy place where they burn for all eternity. These thoughts terrified Gabriella, yet she couldn’t bring herself to let the bracelet go or tell anyone about it.

Two nights ago when Gabriella was at the bracelet’s hiding spot, she suddenly heard screams from within the village. She hid the bracelet and then carefully approached the houses from the grove. From behind the trees she saw that a large band of heathen Danes had come into the village and rounded up all the villagers. Before she could process what was happening the barbarians mercilessly massacred every last one of the helpless villagers. The rest of the night is rather a blur. After witnessing the slaughtering of her whole family and everyone that she knew, Gabriella ran back to the bracelet, retrieved it, and then continued running. Lichfield was the only other place she knew, so that would be her destination.

Character Song:

Last edited:

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
So is Odyssey Saga done? I feel like it was just getting started, I was really interested into where it would go.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
Name: Edward

Faith: Anglo-Saxon turned Viking

Appearance: Brown hair with peach skin and a beard, green eyes, has a scar over his right eye

Skills: Good with weapons, knowledgeable on Viking lore, has a way with words

Backstory: The Vikings took him in when he was a small child. He didn’t know his parents, and he has participated in several raids across the Anglo Saxon territory. Not much else is known about him. His name is Edward because that's what he told the Vikings his name was. His real name is unknown. Edward's dream is for the war between the Vikings and the Anglo Saxons to end and for both sides to live peacefully together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Name: - Jack
Faith: - Skeleton
Appearance: - Skeleton
Skills: - Being a skeleton, time travel (spontaneous, can't control)
Backstory: - It changes depending on when you ask, but those who have spent time with him assume this to be the true version: He was a fierce pirate during the golden age of piracy, but met an unfortunate demise when he somehow fell off of his ship, how is still a mystery. Deciding he was too tough to rot away in the depths like a regular man, he began walking to the surface to find out how he'd died. He never made it, and somehow got sent back a thousand years into the past. His story changes each time he is asked, and the tales have included things such as an electric eel attacking him and shocking his pocketwatch, finding an ancient, cursed treasure, falling into a yawning abyss, falling into a yawning kraken's mouth, and a run in with what he describes as "a blue cage large enough to hold a man." He now spends his time terrorizing farmers and other general tomfoolery, and holds no bitterness about his situation, because as he puts it, it "beats dyin'."
Will put something here if I find something cool

If y'all would rather not have a comic relief character that's fine by me.

Last edited:

Storm

Name: - Jack
Faith: - Skeleton
Appearance: - Skeleton
Skills: - Being a skeleton, time travel (spontaneous, can't control)
Backstory: - It changes depending on when you ask, but those who have spent time with him assume this to be the true version: He was a fierce pirate during the golden age of piracy, but met an unfortunate demise when he somehow fell off of his ship, how is still a mystery. Deciding he was too tough to rot away in the depths like a regular man, he began walking to the surface to find out how he'd died. He never made it, and somehow got sent back a thousand years into the past. His story changes each time he is asked, and the tales have included things such as an electric eel attacking him and shocking his pocketwatch, finding an ancient, cursed treasure, falling into a yawning abyss, falling into a yawning kraken's mouth, and a run in with what he describes as "a blue cage large enough to hold a man." He now spends his time terrorizing farmers and other general tomfoolery, and holds no bitterness about his situation, because as he puts it, it "beats dyin'."
Will put something here if I find something cool

If y'all would rather not have a comic relief character that's fine by me.
The game is not going to have no magic or science fiction impliments. Im sorry but this is declined on principle.

Pen

The game is on!
Right, I'll clarify.

This game will be rooted in real world history and will thus not include any supernatural elements. Reading up a bit on the history and the area where the game will take place is encouraged.

For those who are looking to play in something more along the lines of what we're used to, I suggest checking out Storm's RP, War of the Divine. He also recently opened sign-ups, and I intend to join that game as well. It's going to be a fantasy/sci-fi game set in a made up world, so this game and that one will have quite different appeals. Feel free to sign up for both, or pick the one that interests you the most. ;) https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/rasuliverse-war-of-the-divine-sign-ups.75929/

Storm

Right, I'll clarify.

This game will be rooted in real world history and will thus not include any supernatural elements. Reading up a bit on the history and the area where the game will take place is encouraged.

For those who are looking to play in something more along the lines of what we're used to, I suggest checking out Storm's RP, War of the Divine. He also recently opened sign-ups, and I intend to join that game as well. It's going to be a fantasy/sci-fi game set in a made up world, so this game and that one will have quite different appeals. Feel free to sign up for both, or pick the one that interests you the most. ;) https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/rasuliverse-war-of-the-divine-sign-ups.75929/
i will add, no skeletons in my game, please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom