• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kids Shouldnt Play Online!!!!

Like the title says kids shouldn't be online, all morning no matter what i played online be it Call of Duty(Zombies) or Borderlands 2 i kept getting paired with whiny little 12 year olds, they think there so great and act like they know everything when they no F-All and usually end up dying a lot then screeching down there mics and blaming everyone else before pretending to be sorry so you don't leave them as they see you as an easy ride in most cases.

Whenever i get paired with them i normally quit and get noob messages off them and in return i simply tell them that i have reported them for being under age and give them a good scare by saying there console will be aged locked, its kinda funny as 1 person id said that 2 then went and played 30-40 kids games to push his 18 rated games down the list hoping no-one would see them:P

How many of you have encountered this plague online and how do you deal with it??

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'm confused. How many parents really allow their 12-year-old kids to play Call of Duty? I know there are a few, but is it really so pervasive? It was difficult enough convincing my parents to let me play Goldeneye when it came out, and I was 11. Most other kids I knew weren't even allowed to play it.

Kids really shouldn't be playing most M-rated games, much less playing them online. It sounds like they'd only behave that way if their parents weren't supervising them, which is another problem.

If being underage really is against the rules, then I'd report them, though I admit I don't play either of the games you mentioned.

Deeds

no text
To be honest, the majority of online gamers are below the age of 18. That's the way it's been forever, and it makes sense. When you're over 18, you have more important things to do... well, you should. I agree though, it's pretty depressing when you see a 10 or 12 year old on a game that's made up of purely killing. I don't think you should get irritated that they're bad at the game though, that should be the least of your concerns.

Hanyou

didn't build that
To be honest, the majority of online gamers are below the age of 18. That's the way it's been forever, and it makes sense. When you're over 18, you have more important things to do... well, you should.

So either their parents aren't aware their kids are online, are aware but aren't supervising them, or are aware and are encouraging or allowing them to behave poorly.

I mean, some parents may allow their kids to play games online, and that's okay (though I don't like it), but least use it as an opportunity to spend time with them and encourage sportsmanship, discipline, and good behavior. None of this bodes very well for future generations, does it? .-.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think age limits on most things now don't really apply!

People do a lot of stuff underage and now it's just considered the "norm" Like you said there are a lot of younger player's who use online features or play 18+ games these day's and even though it's the law I wouldn't condemn them! If they act the right way online then there is nothing wrong with that but I do see where your coming from....A lot of younger kids abuse the whole idea of online gaming by saying abusive things down the mic, sending inappropriate messages Ect.

If I am on Xbox Live with my friends Ect. I just tend to ignore the loud abusive kids, there is no point lowering yourself to arguing with someone who has the wrong frame of mind when it comes communicating, which seems to be a lot of people these days.

I'm confused. How many parents really allow their 12-year-old kids to play Call of Duty? I know there are a few, but is it really so pervasive? It was difficult enough convincing my parents to let me play Goldeneye when it came out, and I was 11. Most other kids I knew weren't even allowed to play it.

Kids really shouldn't be playing most M-rated games, much less playing them online. It sounds like they'd only behave that way if their parents weren't supervising them, which is another problem.

If being underage really is against the rules, then I'd report them, though I admit I don't play either of the games you mentioned.

The CoD community has been mostly kids since World At War, parents just don't care as long as they get there own time i think. A lot of the kids scream and swear quite loudly down there mics. No-one seems to care either Activision/Treyarc have your money so they dont give a toss and Microsoft/Sony just dont have the patients to ban or caution so many even though they should.

I think age limits on most things now don't really apply!

People do a lot of stuff underage and now it's just considered the "norm" Like you said there are a lot of younger player's who use online features or play 18+ games these day's and even though it's the law I wouldn't condemn them! If they act the right way online then there is nothing wrong with that but I do see where your coming from....A lot of younger kids abuse the whole idea of online gaming by saying abusive things down the mic, sending inappropriate messages Ect.

If I am on Xbox Live with my friends Ect. I just tend to ignore the loud abusive kids, there is no point lowering yourself to arguing with someone who has the wrong frame of mind when it comes communicating, which seems to be a lot of people these days.

I tend not to either just the rare cases i cant mute for 1 reason or another and i have to listen to them, its worst when they try to sound street and shout racist remarks. Theres no need for language like that anywhere especially from kids on a game meant for fun.

Last edited:
I started playing CoD when I was 11. My brother got World at War (he was 13) after playing it at a friend's house and convincing our parents to let him get it since they wouldn't let him get the previous games. Playing CoD online and offline has not changed me one bit; I am no more violent than I was before, and I don't cuss any more than I did before; there's nothing I've heard in a CoD multiplayer voice chat that I haven't heard in real life. Step into any middle or high school and you'll hear the same "vulgar" language that you do on a CoD voice chat. I don't think CoD is a problem, and I don't think cussing in general is a problem.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
The reason there are so many kids is because the older more mature people have gotten sick of buying the same game 6-7 times, if you got one shooter, you've got over half the shooting games, because most of them are the same game. When you're younger that doesn't matter to you, you just wanna kill stuff and play with guns.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Seriously? You play CoD and expect not to have whiny little adolescent brats mouthing off online? You do realize what the real demographic of those "games" are, right? I mean, like PurpleKnight said, Yahtzee's "spunkgaggleweewee" games only appeal to senseless children (and those with comparable mental capacity). If you're expecting your fellow players to operate on a higher level then you're going to have to look elsewhere, but this is just one of many reasons I avoid playing online games with complete strangers anyway.

Just because they're obnoxious doesn't mean they're gonna go away just because you ask (although that trick you pulled is pretty sweet! :D Nice Work!). If only it were that easy. As to why these kids are playing CoD in the manner they are... because, parents. *nods in agreement*

Seriously? You play CoD and expect not to have whiny little adolescent brats mouthing off online? You do realize what the real demographic of those "games" are, right? I mean, like PurpleKnight said, Yahtzee's "spunkgaggleweewee" games only appeal to senseless children (and those with comparable mental capacity). If you're expecting your fellow players to operate on a higher level then you're going to have to look elsewhere, but this is just one of many reasons I avoid playing online games with complete strangers anyway.

Just because they're obnoxious doesn't mean they're gonna go away just because you ask (although that trick you pulled is pretty sweet! :D Nice Work!). If only it were that easy. As to why these kids are playing CoD in the manner they are... because, parents. *nods in agreement*

I used those 2 as an example since there the 2 most recent ive played, ive seen it in nearly every online game ive played. Though Thanks my Trick works nearly every time and its more fun when they scream there gonna tell there mummy:P

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
So either their parents aren't aware their kids are online, are aware but aren't supervising them, or are aware and are encouraging or allowing them to behave poorly.

You'd be surprised dude. My 6yo son has friends that play M rated games online. Hell, my 11yo brother plays M rated online games. My stepdad lets him, if my mom sees its hell to pay but when she's in bed my stepdad doesn't care unless he wants to play a game. Im extremely disappointed in the parents that let young kids play online M rated games. I am an over protective parent(or so Im told) because I won't let my kids do any of that till at least 14 and even then I will know who they are playing with and what they are playing. Online Brawl or LoL or WoW are ok in my book. Assassins Creed games and the like will be iffy. I won't have any control or say in the matter of how my ex will handle them unfortunatly.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm not sure exactly how it is on consoles since I don't play online with them, but on PC children in games really isn't that much of an issue. The majority of PC players are older and if the game is serious they will generally take it seriously. This isn't to say that there aren't real retards on PC games, but in my experience the stupid people that are just there to make your life miserable are an even split between children, adults, and Brazilians.

Again I'm not sure if this is true for consoles, but you can always just mute people if they're being ******** over their microphones.

I'm not sure exactly how it is on consoles since I don't play online with them, but on PC children in games really isn't that much of an issue. The majority of PC players are older and if the game is serious they will generally take it seriously. This isn't to say that there aren't real retards on PC games, but in my experience the stupid people that are just there to make your life miserable are an even split between children, adults, and Brazilians.

Again I'm not sure if this is true for consoles, but you can always just mute people if they're being ******** over their microphones.

PC gamers are lucky since it is like you said there older and for the most part more mature, you will see the occasional problem person but its rare.

As for muting that tends to be my answer but when im playing survival/Zombies modes stopping usually means dying and with kids that means waiting for the next round since they have no manners and in multiplayer so many people quit and join it just becomes a chore.

I agree that kids shouldn't be allowed to play M-rated games, much less online. I swear... it is becoming increasingly harder these days to distinguish what is meant for kids and what is meant for adults. I mean, what does it even mean to be a kid anymore? Everyone of every age is doing everything. I sorta miss the distinction.

My brother lets his son - my nephew- play violent videogames online, and he's only seven years old. And if that is not troubling enough, my nephew is also extremely impressionable; he imitates everything he sees in said games and inflicts it on his younger brother. My brother screams and yells at them as though he isn't the one facilitating this behavior by allowing them to play those games. Also, to do those who profess that "there is nothing said in a CoD chat that I haven't heard at school"... ever wonder where a lot of those kids got it from?

My stance on this is that while not all kids are negatively affected or influenced by M-rated [online] games, there are many other kids who are. The blame should be placed not only on the gaming companies and their suppliers but also the parents. As someone mentioned, the fact that kids who play these games are behaving this way brings to mind their upbringing. Where the heck are their parents? And do they even care?

Also, I wish people would cut the crap about how swearing is not a bad thing; it is. Words that are meant to offend and hurt others are bad things. They didn't just become bad overnight - some of them became such over the course of centuries. And it has become convention that they're bad. Lots of cultures and societies have the same, if not similar, forbidden words, and there is obviously a reason for that. In a perfect world, I wouldn't give a damn, but this argument pisses me off.

Sorry... I am heading into a tangent, so I'll stop here...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kids playing online will be impossible to control; this is the day and age where these "liberties" really pervade the world. It's impossible for parents to regulate what their children play, because the parents of today simply do not care. Why should I care about what my kid is playing so long as they're doing well in school? Why should I care about what my kid is saying if I say the exact same stuff? etc.

PC gamers are lucky since it is like you said there older and for the most part more mature, you will see the occasional problem person but its rare.

I wouldn't call 15 year olds who "built their own computer" off their parents' money and act like they're badasses mature. I'm 17 and I can say for a fact that I'm farthest thing from "mature". lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom